Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

Pickles

May 5, 2014
He had a better 2nd half than the 1st.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Lets hope that one of these Chinese super league teams come in for him. To me that is our best hope to recoup some of the money for him.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I don't have any plans for tomorrow that can't be changed AND I have a full tank of fuel.

No, no, he HAS to go back to Holland.

That way I'll drive him myself, getting a week off work to spend in museums, clubs, coffee shops and observing women of dubious nature as a bonus. And I assume you get mileage, right?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Lets hope that one of these Chinese super league teams come in for him. To me that is our best hope to recoup some of the money for him.

Even better. Hangzhou is lovely this time of year I hear. Though I'm getting to the point where I'd drive him back to Tehran myself.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Ali J hasn't done it at all and I would be very surprised if he ever looks like a Premier League player

The wages are going to be a real issue for him to go somewhere else, plus he's on a 4 year deal, so we've got to stay positive towards him and Hughton has got to try and get more out of him.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Ali J hasn't done it at all and I would be very surprised if he ever looks like a Premier League player

The wages are going to be a real issue for him to go somewhere else, plus he's on a 4 year deal, so we've got to stay positive towards him and Hughton has got to try and get more out of him.

To be serious for a minute he needs to be loaned to the Championship if he wants any future with us. Alledgedly didn't fancy that league when we were in it but he needs to adapt to English conditions and physicality, but with at least some defenders that he can beat. It might need to be 80/20 on wages but the only way he's going to adapt is to play for a half decent second tier team regularly. It's that or rip up the contract and that's not something Tony does, nor something I'd encourage.

Plus, that way, there'll be a Championship team with thousands of new social media followers who'll spam whatever the service is every time he scores, shits or winks, even though they're not entirely sure whether Luton is a team or a new formation beloved of the coach.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Except for the trip from behind?

Not sure what game you were watching! Watching on the network in Canada, all pundits agreed it was a shocking decision. The Arsenal player was already falling over!!!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I'd like to think the club aren't that stupid, he's not that bad surely, and we have (ok only 2 or 3 times) seen a few glimpses of hope. However, he is treading water in rough seas with less flappy paddles than a worm at PL level . . . . Given the clubs investment, I think a loan to a championship side, to toughen up and gain appropriate pace would be a good bet . . . . Either he comes back ready or we flog him off with minimal loss, to a club that love him . . .he is potentially a Knockhaert '16 in the making. . .

I think he'll go back to Holland.
We'll take a £10M loss which isn't to be done lightly, but realistically have to do it.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Whether it was enough to be a penalty or not, it was such a naive tackle to make in that area of the pitch.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Just a shame our club record £18 million SINGING couldn’t score a goal this season or even make an assist . I suppose that was just too much to ask for , nice hair to admire though

:bowdown::lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here