Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Watford vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We've also had plenty of fans saying that they thought it was the right decision. Even many of those who supported Chris accepted that we probably needed to change in order to progress.

Yes and it's fantastic, but it's no cause to start criticising a man who's one of our best ever managers.

As a paying away fan I am just happy with the result. Not gloating but certainly sticking it to the negative fans we’ve had moaning since Hughton was sacked. Is that ok?

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila

male-schoolgirl-costumes.jpg

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I’m still in shock.

Go 1 up away from home, bring on a centre forward...who promptly scores.

2 up away from home, bring on a defensive player Shirley!? No, another forward...who promptly scores.:mad:

Welcome to Potter-verse. I’m in. :thumbsup:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Oh FFS give it a rest - f*kcin' boring shite. We're having a great day, and should be enjoying every minute of it. Yet all some people seem interested in is having a pop at probably the best manager we ever had, who got us from the brink of League 1 to the PL in the first place.

second best

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
There are some very shame-faced people on NSC tonight.

best result since we returned to the premier. Of course it's only one game but no one can have expected better.

Great times and can't wait for the player ratings!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
When we bought on one of our players from last season you mean? :wink:
No, when we brought on Maupay :)

Regardless, as I'm sure you know, what I disagree with you about is the idea that we should play our established players out of respect, rather than because Potter thinks they're the right players to get us the best result. Perhaps the result shows it was indeed the latter, rather than just some respect being handed out.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Chris Hughton is the best manager the Albion have ever had but Graham Potter could have the skill to take us to the next level and outdo even CH.

Hey....let's not be too presumptuous - we have won one match!

I am impressed that GP certainly seems grounded and made sensible post match comments!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
No, when we brought on Maupay :)

Regardless, as I'm sure you know, what I disagree with you about is the idea that we should play our established players out of respect, rather than because Potter thinks they're the right players to get us the best result. Perhaps the result shows it was indeed the latter, rather than just some respect being handed out.

I didn’t say respect though. :shrug:

Just said it made sense through experience and team spirit. Think you replied to the wrong person.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Outstanding result.

Our back 3 were the best players on the pitch

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
We've also had plenty of fans saying that they thought it was the right decision. Even many of those who supported Chris accepted that we probably needed to change in order to progress.

Yes and it's fantastic, but it's no cause to start criticising a man who's one of our best ever managers.

We wouldnt be where we are today without Chris but initial indications were it was the right time for a change. Why can't we be happy with both managers?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I’m still in shock.

Go 1 up away from home, bring on a centre forward...who promptly scores.

2 up away from home, bring on a defensive player Shirley!? No, another forward...who promptly scores.:mad:

Welcome to Potter-verse. I’m in. :thumbsup:
I'm not against the gist of your post, but we brought them both on when we were 1 up.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
There are some very shame-faced people on NSC tonight.

best result since we returned to the premier. Of course it's only one game but no one can have expected better.

Great times and can't wait for the player ratings!

I'm very positive about the season (mojo of 9 before today), but thought we'd lose simply due to their home advantage and our new players signed so late.

Elated that my cautious score prediction of a 2-0 loss was wrong, I don't feel shamed at all. I love it when the Albion prove me wrong, I'm a fan.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
What's he saying?

Reckoned it was a Poor premier league game and continued to talk sneerily about it.
He did enjoy the goals from the subs though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dutch

Aug 16, 2012
What a result. Fantastic start. What can be achieved when the team becomes more accustomed to the tactics the manager adopts. When our new signings have had time to bed in. Could be exciting times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here