Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Mooy *** SIGNED on ONE YEAR LOAN DEAL ***

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Gross was a bargain from a relegated side, Mooy maybe of similar value. A poor squad may undermine a gem who may shine with better players.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I rate Mooy very highly - FAR too good for the Championship, would be the first name on the teamsheet for me - i hope we get him.
Yep... a player who would add that unpredictability and graft in m/f.... a big yes from me.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Mooy looks like he’s a nasty bugger - for that reason I’m in. Berge, though? Bloody hell, yes.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
There's one or two Hudds fans getting very upset on Twitter about us going after him.

Certainly looks like the Hudds fans would be gutted to see him leave, one of theirs claiming to be ITK suggests 14 mill. At 29 that's a tad high imho but will be fun tomorrow to see if this rumour actually has legs.

Screenshot_20190807-230604.jpeg

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Certainly looks like the Hudds fans would be gutted to see him leave, one of theirs claiming to be ITK suggests 14 mill. At 29 that's a tad high imho but will be fun tomorrow to see if this rumour actually has legs.

View attachment 113963

How reliable is the Hudds poster - that’s the question...

Edit - looks like BMJ could actually be ‘terrierwedgee’

‘BMJ where have you been all this time, ITK and only 7 posts. you are letting us all down.’

Read more: http://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/111901/summer-transfer-window-2019?page=268#ixzz5vxS41BpQ

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Mooy owned the midfield that dreadful (bloody cold) day in Huddersfield during our first season in the Prem when we had one of our worst away performances. I think we took the Greyhound off at half time - AK flounce?

One of our group called him the puppet master. He looked unstoppable that day.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Mooy owned the midfield that dreadful (bloody cold) day in Huddersfield during our first season in the Prem when we had one of our worst away performances. I think we took the Greyhound off at half time - AK flounce?

One of our group called him the puppet master. He looked unstoppable that day.

I remember Hogg looking good but Mooy running the show, but mostly the Albion being run off the pitch. Mounie looked a good signing back then. It really looked if it was the combination of the enforcer Hogg and the more creative Mooy.

I think we ought to sign both of them!? Unlikely that Hogg would move?

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I remember Hogg looking good but Mooy running the show, but mostly the Albion being run off the pitch. Mounie looked a good signing back then. It really looked if it was the combination of the enforcer Hogg and the more creative Mooy.

I think we ought to sign both of them!?

Really rate Hogg (Didn't he get a nasty injury ?) If Mooy is believed to be better than it's :clap: from me.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Local rag up north reckons Mooy is worth more than 15 million they got for Billing. No chance for a player turning 29 will we pay that

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Local rag up north reckons Mooy is worth more than 15 million they got for Billing. No chance for a player turning 29 will we pay that

Agreed. Re-selling his contract would come at a huge loss- even after a season.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
If we want to be a footballing side who hold onto the ball and play out from the back, which it seems we do, Mooy makes a lot of sense as his passing is superb.

My only concern would be that the new system which sees the wide forwards stay higher up the pitch could mean our midfield two need to cover a lot more ground, and he's not the quickest.

To get someone with his technical ability who is quick is probably difficult to find within our budget, or rather, with what is left of it.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005

I think we ought to sign both of them!? Unlikely that Hogg would move?

Am guessing that's a joke, but would really help if you did something like this on the end: :jester:

On a serious note, thank f*** our survival isn't going to rest with players of Hogg's calibre.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
We're not seriously in for Aaron Mooy, are we?

Not in any way an improvement on what we have imo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here