Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay *** SIGNED from Brentford - 4 year deal - undisclosed fee ***

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Undisclosed but the Argus will 'understand it to be considerably less than the fee reported" as per every signing we make

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Yes I notice this. Almost as if the mainstream media love to exaggerate fees! Problem is, these iniatial fees / rumours stick and fans assume the higher amount... Not that it overly matters but still...

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Yes I notice this. Almost as if the mainstream media love to exaggerate fees! Problem is, these iniatial fees / rumours stick and fans assume the higher amount... Not that it overly matters but still...

Or the selling club are happy to dumb down the price so they dont get mugged off for a replacement.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Obviously I have been working too hard or dreamt it but I could of sworn there was an additional bit to this tweet or another tweet about a major signing that we hadn't been linked with so far.

Sorry Guys, I must of dreamt it :wrong:

No, i read the same.
I don't know much about Twitter but my understanding is that this Owen post was in direct response to an Albion fan who said something like 'Maupay almost done, Albion also very close to another signing, not previously linked, over £30 million'.
Seems a little strange he'd do this unless there was at least some truth in it.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Well?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Obviously I have been working too hard or dreamt it but I could of sworn there was an additional bit to this tweet or another tweet about a major signing that we hadn't been linked with so far.

Sorry Guys, I must of dreamt it :wrong:

No, i read the same.
I don't know much about Twitter but my understanding is that this Owen post was in direct response to an Albion fan who said something like 'Maupay almost done, Albion also very close to another signing, not previously linked, over £30 million'.
Seems a little strange he'd do this unless there was at least some truth in it.

It doesn't read like that on twitter unfortunately. Owens tweet looked a fresh one - if it was in reply it would have that fans @ in the reply or a quote in his tweet which it doesn't. This also suggest it's just Maupay he means:

I think that probably justifies the reference to a “stunning” weekend with potentially two eight-figure signings, a win over Valencia, 16,000 at a 7pm Friday evening friendly and one of their under-23s starring for Leeds in the Championship. #bhafc

Hope I'm wrong but I think he just meant Maupay.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
If I see one more "Announce Maupay" tweet from some berk that had know idea who he was pre-July, I'm going to lose my mind... The "mute" button on twitter has never had more usage than it has during this transfer window.

Just "announce Maupay" and be done with it! :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If I see one more "Announce Maupay" tweet from some berk that had know idea who he was pre-July, I'm going to lose my mind... The "mute" button on twitter has never had more usage than it has during this transfer window.

Just "announce Maupay" and be done with it! :)

This is why I don't do twitter. The 'Gifs' and trends the kids use like 'announce so and so' are so ****ing cringey! It's become a cringeball rather than a place of news IMO... Gone are the days we use twitter for asking genuine questions - like 'Brian, do you mean another signing aside from Maupay or are you referring to Maupay' in reference to that tweet, as discussed above. At least NSC isn't like that, hun x

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
This is why I don't do twitter. The 'Gifs' and trends the kids use like 'announce so and so' are so ****ing cringey! It's become a cringeball rather than a place of news IMO... Gone are the days we use twitter for asking genuine questions - like 'Brian, do you mean another signing aside from Maupay or are you referring to Maupay' in reference to that tweet, as discussed above. At least NSC isn't like that, hun x

tenor.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here