Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay *** SIGNED from Brentford - 4 year deal - undisclosed fee ***

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
At least if we do sign him (which, touch wood, is looking likely) it'll put an end to this bulls*** about this unwritten rule which means we can never sign any player from Brentford because our chairmen don't like eachother.

Yes, I agree, very annoying...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
At least if we do sign him (which, touch wood, is looking likely) it'll put an end to this bulls*** about this unwritten rule which means we can never sign any player from Brentford because our chairmen don't like eachother.
It is something that has worried me, that the Brentford chairman pulls the plug on the deal with us just to get one over TB

London Pompous

Feb 16, 2008
No. Just wanted to share that terms agreed we’re confirmed before 9.30am today. Please don’t shoot for that.

Only top boys are ITK sonny. When you’ve planted the flag in Palace’s top boozer then you’ve got something to shout about. Until then you know what to do, kushty?

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
and you choose to believe that do you?

L'Equipe are pretty accurate regarding transfers, compared with most newspapers. Plus Maupays agent is French, so likely to be on speaking terms with French Journos.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
if we get him then worth the risk .

Stats wise he never cut it top league in France but he was still very young. He’s proven to be championship class so it’s got to be worth the gamble that he can step up .

Pace up front is key . He looks to have that .

Would be happy with this

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
No. Just wanted to share that terms agreed we’re confirmed before 9.30am today. Please don’t shoot for that.

Cheers for the update Wedges [MENTION=267]TSB[/MENTION]

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
It is something that has worried me, that the Brentford chairman pulls the plug on the deal with us just to get one over TB

And have wasted hours of his negating teams time, as well as his recruitment team, who are likely looking for a replacement? I don't think so. Furthermore, it's been cited that the model at Brentford means they need to sell either Maupay or Watkins to meet their profit requirements. Those goalposts don't change simply based on who the buying club is, and given that Brentford most likely won't accept the dingo dollars being offered by the Selhurst Clown Brigade for Watkins, Maupay is definitely the more likely sale. What I'd be worried about now was if Villa decided to try and hijack it at the last minute....

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Neal Maupay

This isn’t the back of a local rag, L’Equipe is regarded as one of the finest sporting broadsheets in Europe. And naturally they take a lot of interest in French players over here. They likely have sources close to the player and if they say it’s a done deal I’m very inclined to believe it is.

I expect confirmation from other sources today and a club announcement on Monday.

Perfectly put.

I’ve also got a feeling that they broke another one of our transfers before the Argus et al confirmed? So a soon as I’d seen their story, I was extremely excited!

BO has obviously got nothing out the club (he’ll receive an embargoed email at some point today I hope) so has quite rightly quoted the L’Equipe article as he can’t confirm until the club give him the nod.

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
100% certain it’ll be you with the egg on the face, again.

Nobody is doubting that this deal is likely to get done, [MENTION=3743]seagullwedgee[/MENTION]. The point of contention is that we're not quite there *yet*. Brian Owen and Tom Barclay have both independently suggested that it is progressing, but it isn't quite over the line.

People on this board are simply operating off the weight of evidence, and presenting something as ITK information when it is pretty much in the public domain simply serves to rankle. It may be that terms have been discussed informally with the player (if allowed by the Brentford board), but the clubs are negotiating over the finer details (such as add-ons) of the transfer.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Tom Barclay of the Sun has just tweeted he understands there’s no agreement yet.
Suspect Brentford playing hard ball as they know we need a striker and the deadline is nearly upon us.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Well, more reliable than a lot of the sauces on here, so Yes...

Wedgee is the most informed person I know. If he says it's a done deal then that's good enough for me.

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
Would it though, could he not just say one of the other clubs were offering a better deal?

I think it would - the agent would have a pretty good idea of what the Albion are offering. If reports are to believed, the offer is far more attractive than that offered by our competitors (unless something changes at the 11th hour).

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I really don’t think BHA tip off journalists from National rags. Other clubs may do but secrecy seems to be paramount at BHA when transfers are involved.

Yes, but 2 ends to every deal, plus players and agents.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Brentford as a club really impress me and the players they have produced or moulded are very good. Too may clubs just throw money at it as opposed to building a workable infrastructure (I’m looking at you Villa, Derby and Massive) and it is a big gamble that can pay off but failure comes at a high price. By recruiting the right players with right attitude through due diligence in recruitment their assets are highly valued because they are less risky. I think Maupay could be a really smart addition as will Webster. Feeling very positive and my mojo is now a healthy 8. Can’t wait for the season to start now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here