Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Club Marketing emails concerning ladies team

Should the club continue the marketing strategy of clickbait, or describe news accurately?

• No, I love being trolled

Votes: 25 17.7%
  • Yes, the email subject should describe the enclosed news

Votes: 116 82.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

boik

The U23 are also part of the club. As are the staff in the club shop, the catering staff, the groundsmen, all the staff at the training ground etc. Do you expect an email from the club saying 'Brazilian signed' when we sign a cleaner from Brazil?

Like most people here, I've followed the senior men's team for a long time, and I care enough about that team to be interested in news about them. I haven't yet watched our women's team, and I'm not currently interested in what signings they're making. That may change one day, but that's how it is at the moment.

As it is, when I saw that we'd signed a keeper I just thought it was probably for the women's team. It was, so I deleted the email. I'm no longer excited when I see an email from the club announcing we've signed someone. Weirdly I get trolled less on here, so I'll stick to NSC for reliable news about our club.

You get trolled less on here? There’s dozens of threads on here with vague titles that turn out to people moaning about meaningless stuff that I wish I hadn’t bothered with. Maybe I should start a poll?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Is here an option to unsubscribe from women’s football emails, or if you unsubscribe is that from all emails?

Also, isn’t it time you sorted a Brighton Women’s twitter account so those who are interested can follow, and keep the trolling off the BHAFC Twitter account?

I have nothing to do with the club apart from being a fan. But a few years back the club did use to have a Twitter account purely for the womens team, but closed it and smartly decided to merge their updates into @officialbhafc - quite right too.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
To be fair they are trying to be deliberately misleading with headlines like “Albion sign new keeper”
All they need to do is put “ladies” after Albion but no and it is getting a bit tedious now

Doesn't really bother me, but I agree it's deliberate clickbaiting, which is slightly irritating

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
Is it really that difficult to understand that the issue here is nothing to do with the women's team as such, it is to do with misleading clickbait ?

Click bait implying they generate revenue per click.
I guess that’s how it works, right? Click bait really isn’t difficult to understand, either.

Furthermore to add this, again, the women’s team is apart of the club. It is the same news source. You’ve completely missed the point, but a regular occurrence of yours.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Click bait implying they generate revenue per click.
I guess that’s how it works, right? Click bait really isn’t difficult to understand, either.

Furthermore to add this, again, the women’s team is apart of the club. It is the same news source. You’ve completely missed the point, but a regular occurrence of yours.

No - clickbait implying they induce a click with devious word usage.

Not that it matters anymore to me - the clickbait from the albion now heads straight to junk and 14 day deletion without me seeing it.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Yet another club communication with a new women's team signing. Constant trolling.

Have I missed a way to limit club communications to specifically what I want to hear about? If not, should the club offer an opt-out of news spam for Women's, or even U23 for those that just don't care...?

An alternative method is to open your mind to the idea that your club has a number of teams that represent BHAFC.

Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
100% this. Otherwise what’s next? A “I don’t want to know about black players “ thread? We’re an inclusive club so why would they label emails to separate and segregate? #together and all that. Come on people, you’re better than that.
Perhaps one shouldn't be sure which team is turning out in the next PL game. I'm sure you'd not be disappointed with the women occasionally playing instead of the men, nor would the other 30000 people. Let's have true equality.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Sorry. Not trying to play a race card but just couldn’t think of a better example at the time of writing. I probably should have said U23’s or something.The point was that they all play for BHAFC so why the need to separate it all in emails.

Because hardly anybody is interested in the women's team and it's a bit annoying to get your hopes up about a signing for the Albion when it's not the Albion 99.9% of us are interested in.

Not being interested does not equate to luddite attitudes nor does it mean that people wish ill in the women's team. It means they are not interested.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No one should vote in this poll the questions are clearly phrased to make sure only one answer is acceltable

And yet a sufficient number of people who belong to the majority 'no, let's not sack the board' contingent have still managed to tick something. The factious answer. Even that is better than the peevish option.

You're right, by the way. Obviously.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Well no, because it's pretty unlikely to change if I'm being trolled by club announcements for the women's team, it's annoying and putting me off the women's team.

Highlighting the signings is absolutely fine. Put them front page on the club site, hell, even use the email address that I used to register my interest in the men's team. But don't try and make the email look like we've signed someone for the men's team, that's just annoying and turns me against your cause.

Don't be daft, they're not equal halves of the Albion name.

I agree. I don't want them stuck in the corner, I'd like to see them supported and celebrated. But let's not suddely pretend that the last 118 years of Albion history is equally for the women's team, or that just as many fans go to see the women's team as the men's. It doesn't achieve anything to kid yourself.

I was expecting much better from NSC's resident devil's advocate. Oh well

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
No - clickbait implying they induce a click with devious word usage.

Not that it matters anymore to me - the clickbait from the albion now heads straight to junk and 14 day deletion without me seeing it.
Click bait is a method of producing revenue through links with exaggerated and or misleading wording/headline. Really isn’t difficult, the news is related to the club. It isn’t exaggerated or misleading, because they have quite literally signed a player for the club.

Click bait is a primary source of income for faux news sites like buzzfeed and similar.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Click bait is a method of producing revenue through links with exaggerated and or misleading wording/headline. Really isn’t difficult, the news is related to the club. It isn’t exaggerated or misleading, because they have quite literally signed a player for the club.

Click bait is a primary source of income for faux news sites like buzzfeed and similar.

Incorrect.

The revenue element is incidental and certainly not a requirement.

"Clickbait*is a form of*false advertisementwhich uses*hyperlink*text or a*thumbnail*linkthat is designed to attract attention and entice users to follow that link and read, view, or listen to the linked piece of online*content, with a defining characteristic of being deceptive, typically*sensationalized*or*misleading.[2][3]*A "teaser" aims to exploit the "curiosity gap", providing just enough information to make readers of news websites*curious, but not enough to satisfy their curiosity without clicking through to the linked content.*Click-bait headlines*add an element of dishonesty, using enticements that do not accurately reflect the content being delivered.[4][5][6]*The "-bait" part of the term is used in analogy to fishing, where a hook is disguised by an enticement (bait), presenting the impression to the fish that it is a desirable thing to swallow."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clickbait

It really isn't difficult to see that the albion sending out deviously and slyly titled emails is a poor practice which should be shamed rather than celebrated.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
Incorrect.

The revenue element is incidental and certainly not a requirement.

"Clickbait*is a form of*false advertisementwhich uses*hyperlink*text or a*thumbnail*linkthat is designed to attract attention and entice users to follow that link and read, view, or listen to the linked piece of online*content, with a defining characteristic of being deceptive, typically*sensationalized*or*misleading.[2][3]*A "teaser" aims to exploit the "curiosity gap", providing just enough information to make readers of news websites*curious, but not enough to satisfy their curiosity without clicking through to the linked content.*Click-bait headlines*add an element of dishonesty, using enticements that do not accurately reflect the content being delivered.[4][5][6]*The "-bait" part of the term is used in analogy to fishing, where a hook is disguised by an enticement (bait), presenting the impression to the fish that it is a desirable thing to swallow."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clickbait

It really isn't difficult to see that the albion sending out deviously and slyly titled emails is a poor practice which should be shamed rather than celebrated.

**** me, Wikipedia is your source... meanwhile people I work with mainly in marketing etc refer to as a method of generating income. The revenue is everything because that’s the entire bloody point.

But again, you’re missing the point but using Wikipedia as a source, implies there’s a good reason why.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
**** me, Wikipedia is your source... meanwhile people I work with mainly in marketing etc refer to as a method of generating income. The revenue is everything because that’s entire bloody point.

But again, you’re missing the point but using Wikipedia as a source, implies there’s a good reason why.
Fine. Bored of this now.

At least the clickbait now goes to straight to junk.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Looking forward to all the ‘waah waah why did the club do this without telling us’ threads from some of those who are confining what is effectively a newsfeed/info source (not ‘trolling’ or ‘clickbait’ IMO) to junk without being read.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here