Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leandro Trossard SIGNS ON A FOUR-YEAR DEAL

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
The headline figure for a player is ALWAYS the transfer fees, sometimes including add ons based on appearances, sometimes not. No one ever says "Brighton have signed Carlos Kickaball from FC Flying Donkey for a transfer fee of £15 million basic, an agent's fee of an additional 10%, wages of £50K a week plus appearance, win and goal bonuses and a complex tax arrangement, plus an apartment and a car". They start at the £15 million fee. I really don't see why people are finding it hard to see what [MENTION=29779]Whitechapel[/MENTION] meant unless they're being deliberately obtuse or can't add up :shrug:

Thank you! It’s also staggering that me saying they’d cost at least £35,000,000 between them; which is a pretty conservative estimate, apparently means I think they’d cost 35m(ish). Maupay has already been linked with a move away for 20m. Add on the Bloom Tax Brentford’s chairman would add and it could be a lot more. Bowen might be sold for 15m, but with Spurs & Everton interested there could end up being a massive bidding war.

If somebody tells you something is at least £20, you’d be pretty dense to turn up with £20 and not expect to be short of cash.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Sounds like a poor man's hazard which sounds good to me !! Amazing acceleration, great dribbler , average pace but has a great shot on him

Massively injury prone though by looks of it so ideal for us.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Are these recent injuries or largely historical?

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I guess it depends on what you mean by 'spent on'. The cost to BHA are a lot more than the transfer fee.

Well, yeah.

But if we signed Maupay and Bowen they wouldn’t play for free so including wages, signing on fees and bonuses when talking about Locadia & Jahankabash seems pretty pointless

:shrug:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If you speak to the club's accountant I'm sure that he'll explain what his definition is - and it definitely won't be the £15mill.

If you speak to the club’s accountant he’ll tell you he will spread the fee over the length of the contract to amorticize it for FFP purposes. The only user on this site I’d expect to even consider that in debate is [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION]

In common debate the man on the street uses the headline figure I.e. “he’s not a £10 million player...”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
Are these recent injuries or largely historical?

2ake647.png

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Do for me, a poor mans Giggs. Not going to get proper moist until we sign a striker. That's 35 million + agent + bonus +wages +house + car + 10 free flight home + new roofs for everyone in his native village ++++++++. there, 50 million.:timmy:

Plus he looks like Jack Grealish, so must be a diver.

The fee of £56m, with Clarke’s £4m, would wipe out our 2019 budget.

Giving an average fee paid, using the new applied maths theory in this thread, of £67.5m per player.

The world has gone mad.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
If you think Maupay and Bowen would cost us less than £35,000,000 between them then you’re mad.

Maupay would easily be £20m, Bowen would be slightly cheaper because of Hulls owner; but he’d still be £15m+

It all depends sell on clauses etc. You're probably right that they'd both cost more than £10m each given their young age but my original point was that we have payed similar fees for Izquierdo and Jahanbakhsh and there are some quality players available from the Championship at similar prices. I would be more confident in taking these two and them hitting the ground running - obviously easy to say with hindsight mind you.

Kman

Mar 30, 2019
I've heard he can play Left wing, Attacking mid, and center forward. Any truth to this?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here