[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
If Ali scores.
If Ali's debut goal is at the AMEX.

I absolutely need to be there.

The thought of an Albion player scoring at home and the goal being met with near silence and murmurings of utter contempt will be fantastic and not to be missed.
]

Tongue in cheek or not, that would never happen.

Even Akpom, Leon Best or Obika would have been celebrated like anyone else....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If Ali scores.

The thought of an Albion player scoring at home and the goal being met with near silence and murmurings of utter contempt will be fantastic and not to be missed.

Something like this would be nice:-

[tweet]1136665080307732480[/tweet]

I remember cringing a bit at Gillingham when Ritchie Barker eventually scored and the ironic chant went up “Barkers scored a goal, he scored a goal, Barker’s scored a goal”. He went on to be a cult figure though

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
For many people there is an awful lot riding on players being:
shackled
played out of position
tactics

At the end of the day, they still had responsibility for their performances once they crossed that line.

I hope Potter isn't under too much pressure too quickly to deliver real notable transformations to our performances. If he gets us to a points total we got at Xmas last season, we should be delighted.

What are they supposed to do? They want to play so have to play to the boss's plan or risk being dropped. So, I don't agree that it's just down to them once they cross the line.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That's a bit strong isn't it?

A poor first season in a new and very challenging league, with only stop start appearances, in a team playing very poorly.

I have no problem with being critical of his start with us, but this post in bordering on mean.

While he wears the blue and white we should try to be supportive.

When he is on the pitch and I'm in the stand he will get my unwavering support, as all Albion players do.

On the confines of NSC though, I'll say that I don't think he's good enough, because I don't think he is. That's not his fault - I don't hate him for it.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
For many people there is an awful lot riding on players being:
shackled
played out of position
tactics

At the end of the day, they still had responsibility for their performances once they crossed that line.

Exactly.

When we attacked from November onwards we seemed void of quality, at least we were clinical prior to that.

In terms of pressure on Potter, surely not, he needs a proper opportunity to shape his team.

I would think Ashworth and Winstanley are under more pressure, to get the offensive signings to fit what Potter requires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
What are they supposed to do? They want to play so have to play to the boss's plan or risk being dropped. So, I don't agree that it's just down to them once they cross the line.

Exactly. I remember reading a while ago about players doing the same for Mourinho when he was at Chelsea the second time. They'd kick the shit out of the opposition and sit deep with little attacking intent simply because that's what he'd demanded and they knew they'd be dropped if they didn't do what he'd asked.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If Ali scores.

You are being such a tedious dick about this lad. Your snide insinuation about fellow Albion fans - that they actively wish for an Albion player (and by extension, the club) to fail - is far more unpleasant than a group of fans thinking that a player might not be good enough.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You are being such a tedious dick about this lad. Your snide insinuation about fellow Albion fans - that they actively wish for an Albion player (and by extension, the club) to fail - is far more unpleasant than a group of fans thinking that a player might not be good enough.

The ongoing denial that it MAY have been the tactics that made these players look bad is equally as irritating to those who still have a bit of faith imo. They are dismissed as shit and shit they are apparently, no argument against that viewpoint accepted or considered. You and Bozza being the biggest offenders re Ali J.

Anyway we’ll find out...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The ongoing denial that it MAY have been the tactics that made these players look bad is equally as irritating to those who still have a bit of faith imo. They are dismissed as shit and shit they are apparently, no argument against that viewpoint accepted or considered. You and Bozza being the biggest offenders re Ali J.

Anyway we’ll find out...

I will be spectacularly delighted to be proved wrong. It's not in my interests in any way for the club to spunk £17m on someone who brings little to the squad.

EDIT: ...and given how the story has played out, it seems Tony Bloom believes there is far more in our recent signings than Hughton was getting.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

But it's not dickish to repeatedly lay into the fella and hope the only reason he's being talked about is because he's f**king off, never to darken this parish again.

Ok, at least there's no double standard.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A lot of people are going to eat their words on this thread.

A lot of people or [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION]?
It can't be both. :lol:

Either way it doesn't matter as we all know when a footballer is deemed shitehouse, he will forever be shitehouse, right up until the point he is moved on and becomes brilliant.

From then on he becomes 'well he never did that for us'.

While I was booing to him.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
I will be spectacularly delighted to be proved wrong. It's not in my interests in any way for the club to spunk £17m on someone who brings little to the squad.

EDIT: ...and given how the story has played out, it seems Tony Bloom believes there is far more in our recent signings than Hughton was getting.

Shouldn’t that read “...Tony Bloom prays that there is far more in our recent signings than Hughton was getting”?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Shouldn’t that read “...Tony Bloom prays that there is far more in our recent signings than Hughton was getting”?

I'm being savaged by the believers here, so I'm playing it safe now. Feel free to take this on yourself though...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
But it's not dickish to repeatedly lay into the fella and hope the only reason he's being talked about is because he's f**king off, never to darken this parish again.

Ok, at least there's no double standard.

None on my part, no.

I've not wished for him to '**** off', have I? (We'd have to take a massive loss, for starters, which is bad news for everyone).

All I've done, is to give an honest assessment of the player's performances to date, and later (in response to a million mitigating factors / excuses) a frank opinion of his attributes (Is he quick? Is he strong? etc).

What you've continually done, however, is to make snide suggestions, that the people who don't rate him, are positively wishing for him to fail - for the team's results to suffer as a result, and for Tony Bloom to have wasted £20m+.

I think I'm perfectly entitled to hold the former opinions. If you think your insinuations are reasonable, then you crack on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here