Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team For Tuesday

scooter1

How soon is now?
Wholesale changes won’t happen, we know that. Presuming they are fit enough to start, March for Knockaert and Gross for Bissouma, with Murray up front. It’s easily predicted, but we need to win on Tuesday and this constant tinkering doesn’t work with the players we have available. Keep it simple, back to what made us hard to beat, and fingers crossed the two players coming back in from injury can hit the ground running

I just don’t know anymore - I don’t want Stephens slowing down our midfield is really my only hope but guess I’m not going to get it

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Bruno, Bong, Kayal, March and Gross all in if fit. That group needs a massive change after today. Appreciate it won't happen.

dibsy

Jul 26, 2004
Shoreham By Sea
We need to change back to 4-4-1-1 as that has proven to work for us. We almost need to go back to old skool to get back on track, what is there to lose? 4-3-3 is obviously not working. So for me:

Ryan

Bruno
Dunk
Duffy
Bernardo

March
Stephens
Propper
Ali J

Gross
Murray

This but Kayal for propper and Ali only plays cos although he isn't very good there is no one better available

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
My over-riding principles of selection for this game

1) It's going to be a battle, anyone who is half fit or not a physical player shouldn't be in. My presumption is that March and Gross still won't feature
2) 4-3-3 has been a manifest failure. However a significant change, (to say a 3 at the back) is to complex to coach with 3 days to go before a crunch game. We have to stick with it for one more game.
3) Chris has stuck with players after an abject performance before (eg after Watford away on the first game of the season) and they've come through for him

So with all that in mind, i'm going for ...

------------Ryan
Bruno, Dunk Duffy Bong
Kayal Stephens Bissouma
Ali J -----------------Locadia
------------Murray

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ryan, Button
Montoya, Duffy, dunk, Burn, Bernardo,
March, Bissouma, kayak, Propper, Gross, izquierdo
Murray, Andone.

I feel this will provide us with the right balance of defence and attack and ensure we don’t get overrun in midfield

Ubuntu

May 12, 2014
Philippines
I’m going 4-4-2

Walton

Schelotto, Burn, Suttner, Bruno

March, Kayal, Jahanbhaksh, Gross

Connolly, Gyokeres

What could possibly go wrong ?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Chris, please for once start Alireza as RW. He is a right winger, Chris, please start him on the right...

His best position , AK suspended, absolute no brainer for Tuesday.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
When the gem posted the line up yesterday and said it was possibly 4312 i was really excited, it was the line up most of us would have picked.

But it wasn't 4312 it was the usual 451, Hughton can call it 433 all he likes, it's not, 433 is playing with 3 forwards, 2 of which will be central depending on which side the play is developing.

I would be tempted to use 4312 for Cardiff, stick with Andone and Locadia up top, i dont think Gross will be ready, so play Alireza behind them, i thought his best game for us was in that position vs West Brom, Kayal has to come back in, i would have him ahead of all the others anyway, nothing to do with yesterday. Its a toss up for me between Propper and Bissouma, i think Propper has been poor lately but we got worse yesterday after he was subbed, i love Bissouma going forward but his first touch yesterday was woeful, ive seen elephants control a beachball better.
I would also be tempted to play Bruno after all he is the captain, but would probably stick with Montoya just because he is younger and in a 4312 you need the full backs to give you width going forward.

Ryan
Montoya Duffy Dunk Bernardo
Propper/Bissouma Stephens Kayal
Jahankbaksh
Andone Locadia

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I honestly haven't got a clue who to play in midfield or up front, especially if Gross and more importantly March aren't fit.

All I know is bring in Kayal for Propper because something is not right with him at the moment and don't play Locadia left wing as he doesn't track back and has no pace so can't recover when he doesn't.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I would definitely bring in Bruno and Bong , maybe move Bernardo in to a wide midfield position, change the keeper Ryan has done nothing since returning from the Asia cup , bring back Kayal for Pröpper who was useless , and play Andone and Murray up front

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here