Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I used to work for a German company and managed a project at Dysons then new factory in Malmesbury, this was 20 years ago, my opinion was formed then, and hasn't changed.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Governments own reports say we have run out of time for a no deal Brexit and have everything ready.

Rules out no deal is better than a bad deal

Chequers it is
*No deal is better than a bad deal* was always just a feeble attempt to gaslight the electorate.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just been chatting to a British friend who just became a German 1 hour ago. He’s the latest of quite a few people I know who have sought alternative citizenship. Good for him.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Just been chatting to a British friend who just became a German 1 hour ago. He’s the latest of quite a few people I know who have sought alternative citizenship. Good for him.

My Father is Dutch and I will change citizenship if it's a crap deal/no deal...Can't speak the lingo but i guess they have an English version up at the Dutch Embassy in London

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
BrExit - the countdown to 11PM GMT on Friday 29th of March 2019

Good for them, I wish them well.
Are they retaining dual Nationality or have they relinquished their British citizenship? Also what happens when Germany decides to leave the EU?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Mmmm weak leadership, unstable government/continually on the brink of collapse, far right on the march ... but enough about Germany.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
My Father is Dutch and I will change citizenship if it's a crap deal/no deal...Can't speak the lingo but i guess they have an English version up at the Dutch Embassy in London

Don't they do dual citizenship? I've never needed to get myself a Spanish passport, even when I lived and worked there, but I will be getting one soon. Mainly for my son's benefit. I mistakenly thought Spain didn't allow dual nationality but that's only for people with no connection becoming Spanish (my dad is Spanish).

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The one I'd be closest to is the second; I'm not really a hipster and live nowhere near Shoreditch, but I do believe in giving due care and attention to political beliefs, and who doesn't give proper thought to which shoes to buy? Do you think there's something wrong with being careful and thinking at length about things that matter?

Here's another question: presuming you weren't at the big march on Saturday, which of the following do you see as good reasons?
View attachment 101550

Where's the 'Respecting the long held British democratic tradition of ensuring the outcomes of democratic results are enacted' reason?

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Mmmm weak leadership, unstable government/continually on the brink of collapse, far right on the march ... but enough about Germany.

It appears the 1000 year Reich is having a recruitment drive with lots of Haw Haw types rushing to sign up to the Master race.
If that’s what floats their boat....

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
It appears the 1000 year Reich is having a recruitment drive with lots of Haw Haw types rushing to sign up to the Master race.
If that’s what floats their boat....

If the supposed national stereotypes of overbearing arrogance and condescension are in any way true I'm surprised more Remoaners don't head for the Fatherland ...

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Where's the 'Respecting the long held British democratic tradition of ensuring the outcomes of democratic results are enacted' reason?

The democratic results are being enacted and will continue to be enacted, in fact it the ultimate democratic result may be that we stay in the EU, who knows :shrug:

Presumably you dont want the democratic process to cease ???

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The democratic results are being enacted and will continue to be enacted, in fact it the ultimate democratic result may be that we stay in the EU, who knows :shrug:

Presumably you dont want the democratic process to cease ???

Yes we are in the process of leaving - respecting the democratic outcome. Those marching for another go because they didn't like the first result obviously have no respect for democracy or British democratic traditions/process.

Presumably, you aren't one of these people???

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Leavers being pompous, when they have absolutely no clue what leaving will entail is entertaining.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Yes we are in the process of leaving - respecting the democratic outcome. Those marching for another go because they didn't like the first result obviously have no respect for democracy or British democratic traditions/process.

Presumably you don't think people marching are behaving undemocratically and are going against British democratic traditions/process ???

Do you want democracy to stop?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Just pointing out, we don’t have a tradition of democratic/ process with regards to referendums.
We have a strong tradition of being ruled by a parliamentary democracy or even a constitutional monarchy, but never by plebiscite.
There have only been 3 UK wide referendums since 1973.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Presumably you don't think people marching are behaving undemocratically and are going against British democratic traditions/process ???

Do you want democracy to stop?

In our wonderful country, people are free to march and people can spend over two years bleating away on social media because they can't accept the result but I am not sure how anyone could argue what they are calling for (ignoring the first vote) is democratic.

Presumably you aren't one of these people ??????

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Just pointing out, we don’t have a tradition of democratic/ process with regards to referendums.
We have a strong tradition of being ruled by a parliamentary democracy or even a constitutional monarchy, but never by plebiscite.
There have only been 3 UK wide referendums since 1973.

Really? How many referenda results either national or regional have been ignored?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Good for them, I wish them well.
Are they retaining dual Nationality or have they relinquished their British citizenship? Also what happens when Germany decides to leave the EU?

He’s quite chuffed....especially as he’s now won the World Cup 4 times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here