Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Duffy and Dunk and of an era?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
We were denied a clear penalty when pressing and Burnel broke away for Barnes to score with nobody around him so hardly the fault of Dunk or Duffy. who were pushing for an equalising goal at the time

We were never pushing for an equaliser, we were 3 down after the penalty. If only you had some way of checking facts before posting. Here is some help on what actually happened.

Dunk was at fault for their first goal, but as that doesn't fit your narrative you won't mention it. Their 3rd was a penalty, in the build up Dunk was also stood on the half way line appealing for offside, after stepping up to try and catch Barnes offside inside his own half ffs. Barnes ran through while Dunk stood there instead of at least making an attempt to get back.

Last edited:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Yes I do if the 3 have the ability to play like that, but I do not believe that any of the 4 we have is good enough to play that way. They all have individual qualities but none collective for a back 3. Dunk appears to be undroppable and the other 3 are much of a muchness with different ability and good points. I am not sure what my 3 would be.

Can you explain these points?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Can you explain these points?

Dunk has been responsible for many goals over the last 12 months, and in fairness has saved a number, but is undroppable it seems. Duffy Burn and Webster yesterday have all made mistake to concede goals and none of the 4 seem capable of tackling a top class striker and all rely on making last ditch attempts at blocking the ball. It must be better to try to disposses the striker rather than let him shoot and hope that you can block it. That is my opinion right or wrong.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Dunk has been responsible for many goals over the last 12 months, and in fairness has saved a number, but is undroppable it seems. Duffy Burn and Webster yesterday have all made mistake to concede goals and none of the 4 seem capable of tackling a top class striker and all rely on making last ditch attempts at blocking the ball. It must be better to try to disposses the striker rather than let him shoot and hope that you can block it.

Name three centre backs that are ideally suited to three at the back?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not really because realistically I could have seen my last Albion game, that is going to be true at some time in the future hopefully not for another few years. It does however, make me wan t it now not after Christmas or in a few weeks.

You sound like a millennial with your want it now attitude :smile:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Name three centre backs that are ideally suited to three at the back?

Simple we dont have them as with most teams. The nearest is Tottenham with Alderweirld Vertonghen and Foyth. It is quite simple if you dont have the players to play that system dont do it.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Surprise surprise.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Spurs' defence getting ripped apart.

#NeverWrong.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
For a number of reasons Im not a fan of Duffy. At blocking and headers he’s good but in the premier league you need more. He really struggles with teams with nippy mobile strikers often being wrong footed and often left literally on his arse. Most will agree he is lacking with his pace, distribution and with the ball at is feet. He also seems to be right at the centre of the drinking culture. Katie Price, WTF. He also drinks vodka with champagne. And that head scratching tick he has in interviews is annoying.

Google me.

This.

If he is at the centre of the drinking culture it is a very good reason to get rid of him,also his old man constantly sounding of on social media really irritates.He was a good championship player but things are changing.

Expect to see him gone by the end of the season

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Not really because realistically I could have seen my last Albion game, that is going to be true at some time in the future hopefully not for another few years. It does however, make me wan t it now not after Christmas or in a few weeks.

Are you not telling us something we need to know :ohmy:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Just 6 players are left from the promotion squad now - Dunk, Duffy, Stephens, March, Murray and Bong.

We might lose 2 or 3 of those at the end of the season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just 6 players are left from the promotion squad now - Dunk, Duffy, Stephens, March, Murray and Bong.

We might lose 2 or 3 of those at the end of the season.

5 or all 6 wouldn't completely surprise me.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Isn't the problem that the opposition press the two that can play out and possession will end up with the one who can't.

I can’t see many teams pressing all 3 centre backs and Burnley will be more playing on the shoulder of them so strength and physicality will be more required. Just seems a bit early to be writing off Duffy’s importance to this team as he might not be playing cutting through balls but he is our most reliable player in the air on both boxes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here