Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] mitrovic

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Dogshit player, people only rate him because of games against us.

He had the second most shots in the league, and scored fewer goals than Murray. He is an awful, awful finisher.

11 goals from 131 shots ... bloody awful.

Quality player who should have been our number 1 target.

Sometimes you've just got to sit back and admire NSC......

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
A very poor Premiership striker. In any other team, his inability to finish would have seen him dropped very quickly last season, but Fulham just didn't have the alternatives in their squad.

And while everyone who seems to rate him for his "performances against us" have they forgotten the insane handball he gave away which got us back into the home game with Fulham? That converted penalty would then take about another 13 shots from Mitrovic for him to make amends at the other end.

He's a big old lump, who can be a handful, but the best way of dealing with him, appears to be to give him enough room to make sure it's him that shoots. I'm hoping we can do better than that.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
You and me both, a fine player, and for me an ideal Glenn replacement.

He's anonymous or unplayable, bit to hit and miss..... I'm more surprised we don't look at Rondon, ideal Murray replacement, 30 so a few years left and available for 10 million

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Locadia played as a striker will score more goals than Mitrovic.

I have no idea whether this is serious or not, but I think I may well agree. Locadia (for me anyway) gets in good positions and makes intelligent runs, just not as regularly as I'd like. Perhaps playing as a defensive left winger doesn't suit his style?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

99% of what you write is bollocks*, but I agree with this

*Yes, I have a long memory and like to bear a grudge :lolol: :thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think we can all agree that he is likely to fail the no dickheads policy which must have been put in place not long after we tried to tempt Rafa to let us buy him.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

1a99yf.jpg

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Anyone who thinks he is shit is clueless. Far better than Andone and Locadia

Shit is a bit strong but not sure how you can say he is far better than Andone and Locadia. Mitrovic played in a team who attacked in most games? It’s like comparing apples and pears given how we were set up to not concede rather than score. Put Andone and Locadia in a team like Fulham were last season and I suggest that both would prove more clinical than Mitrovic, who actually had a pretty low return over the season, given the number of clear cut chances he got. He saved his best games for the matches against us.

I’m really looking forward to seeing us set up to attack teams in some games next season as I am convinced both Locadia and Andone are going to prove those who have written them off very wrong.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Over-rated, one of the worst shots to goals/on target ratio in the league last season.

How Fulham can afford to keep him I do not know, FFP fiddling I bet.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Am I correct in thinking that he’s played 2 full PL seasons and finished in the bottom 3 both times?

Although, I wouldn’t mind him signing; I just don’t think he guarantees goals and safety.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I was all for Mitro under CH.

But, I’m reserving judgement on whether he’d fit into Potter’s style. I’m not confident he would.

No one really knows what Potter's styler is going to be yet! We can guess at it, but we don't know. Either way l'd far rather splash big money on Mitrovic than some unknown European with no Premier Leage experience.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
The problem for me is that I imagine Murray is not the type of striker Potter is going to want to go with, not from past styles he's used. That's without considering Murray's age.

So we are left with two unknowns in Andone and Locadia which makes us so lightweight upfront it's unbelievable. They've both had difficult first seasons with us. The former has shown promise but I haven't seen anything from Jurgen to think he's anything near the required level.

We are even more desperate this season for a new striker or two and I think they need Premier League experience as we can't wait for them to take too much time bedding in.

I'm surprised we haven't gone for Mitrovic but maybe we have and we were priced out.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Hats off to Scott Parker for retaining a striker that scored 11 Prem goals and an eye-catching 12 in 17 in the Championship the season before.

That, and signing Tom Cairney to a 5-year deal, should guarantee Fulham will be in the promotion mix in 19/20.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here