Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Whats a gym???

Gym.gif

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
There's a new pub opening up the road from me called The Gym.

"Where are you off to?"
"Oh, just going to The Gym for a couple of hours"

:thumbsup:

I've often been late home on a Friday evening and told my wife that the boss kept me in the office later than expected. Wife thinks work not Sydney street!

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The thing which most annoys me is people grabbing a dumbbell (or two) from the rack....and then performing their exercise right there without moving, completely blocking access to the rack for other people. These people will usually at least have the self-awareness to move if you approach the rack to either return (or to pick up) dumbbells, but I did once have a run-in with a numbskull who seemed to think that particular section of the gym was his own property.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The thing which most annoys me is people grabbing a dumbbell (or two) from the rack....and then performing their exercise right there without moving, completely blocking access to the rack for other people. These people will usually at least have the self-awareness to move if you approach the rack to either return (or to pick up) dumbbells, but I did once have a run-in with a numbskull who seemed to think that particular section of the gym was his own property.

Usually the same people who don't return the dumbbells to the rack, or if they do they put them in completely the wrong place.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
People who will move a flat bench into the squat rack whilst there is a perfectly good bench press bench free.

People who don't unrack their weights after they have finished their set.

Also there is a guy in my gym who I think is an exhibitionist, on at least 2 times I've seen him emerge stark bollock naked to go to the water fountain.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Good thread!

For me, the worst breach of gym etiquette is some millenial using a bit of apparatus as a bit of seating while they fanny around with some shitty thing on their phone.

This. The gym i go to is used by the local school (on the same campus, so unavoidable) and the amount of shitting kids that sit there and don't ever work out, or just take selfies as everyone else is actually using the apparatus is horrendous.

Don't get me wrong, i might have my phone out to change music/answer messages between sets but not for tossing selifes. Most of them look so skinny they'd struggle with a modest dumbbell anyway.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Usually the same people who don't return the dumbbells to the rack, or if they do they put them in completely the wrong place.

These f**kers are all, collectively, my mortal enemy.

I was doing a dumbbell press the other day and all the way through I was thinking "man, my right arm is weak" because everything felt so off balance. I checked after my first set and the right hand weight was more than the left because some ARSE had put two different weights back.

Off the top of my head for other gym annoyances:

- People taking selfies in front of the mirrors
- Groups of people working out together and, rather than actually working out, just nattering in front of a machine.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
The person with awful form using several pieces of equipment. Extra points if they are focusing mainly on the arms.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Yup. People using the weights in front of the rack so no one else can get to them and general standing in the way does my head in.

I have a little sympathy for those who look like they are using their phone doing nothing, many are recording their workout on their phone and it gives a countdown timer to the next set of reps.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think the funniest thing I see EVERY TIME I go to the Gym (which isn't very often) is people driving around the Car Park to find a space closest to the gym, and then going into the gym and running, cycling, lifting and swimming for an hour or so
:lol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Unfortunately people have their own 'system' when working out, so the grunter probably doesn't even realise they are doing it.
How can you not know? (although maybe he doesn't - I haven't gone full racist and stated his nationality yet)
What annoys me more is the people who drop the free weights down when finished.
Yeah that's annoying. Along with leaving their weights on the bars etc.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm not quite so bothered about the grunting, but I'm sure some guys put on an extra grunt just to show that they're really pushing themselves.
I'm not normally either, it's just one person, who is excessively loud on every ****ing rep.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I cancelled my gym membership and spent the money on a season ticket, never looked back! [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I thought this was going to be a tread about free balling while on the bench press acceptable or not

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

I feel compelled to tidy the rack for the weights I can lift

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
We used to have this lady who always to drop hers guts, when running on the treadmill.
She got given the name of 'Guffy'

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here