Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Starting Line-up at Watford?

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
No chance it'll happen but would like to see this team.I've gone for PACE. Bissouma to come in at some point after Potter makes him the best player in the world.

3-5-2

Ryan

Webster - Right side CB
Dunk - CB
Bernardo - Left side CB

Montoya -Right wing back
March - Left wing back

Propper - CM
Stephens (until Bissouma returns) - CM

Trossard - In behind the strikers, free role

Maupay (no match fitness so Murray to start this game) - CF
Andone - CF

Recognise it won't happen as Duffy is great but have concerns about him defending out wide and seeing a lot more of the ball. Also, in March, Montoya and Bernardo we have our best 3 full backs on the pitch at the same time which is risky due to having no cover other than Bong.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Mooy's played a competitive league match already hasn't he?
Yes, you're correct - I got that wrong. Sure I read somewhere that he hadn't been training hard and didn't look interested (presumably because of expected departure) so I am surprised they actually played him. Still think we won't see him in the stripes (our stripes anyway!) for a couple of weeks though.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
----------------------------- Ryan -------------------------
--------Webster-------—-Duffy----------Dunk---------
March—--————--Stephens ----——Bernardo
-----------Mooy-------—-Gross———Trossard—-
—————————Maupay————————

The main reason that won’t happen, is because some of those players have barely got their feet in the door.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Just getting the starting formation right is tricky with Potter.

I’m hoping that Watford have planned and trained for a 3-4-3 but get something like this instead:

————————Ryan————————
Montoya——Duffy—-Dunk——Bernardo
————Stephens——Pröpper————-
Jahanbakhsh——Groß——-Trossard
———————-Murray———————-

Too early for Mooy, Webster and Maupay to start but I can see them all finding a place in the starting line-up over August and September.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Why do people keep coming out with this crap? Do you think that playing in a football match is the only way to get fit for one?
Maupay to start.

I think Murray will start, but nothing to do with fitness; just that Maupay has had hardly any time to get to know the team and how Potter wants to play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
Why do people keep coming out with this crap? Do you think that playing in a football match is the only way to get fit for one?
Maupay to start.

Crap? I think it's fairly reasonable to think the manager might want to give someone hasn't played a game of football in 3 months the odd 30 minutes and an U23 game, before starting him against players that have already been involved in 4/5/6 matches. I'm not suggesting that he can't or shouldn't start but would rather Murray for this game :shrug:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think Murray will start, but nothing to do with fitness; just that Maupay has had hardly any time to get to know the team and how Potter wants to play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This.

I remember when CH had to throw newly signed Pröpper in due to an injury to the King. He was poor for a few games whilst he found his Premier League Feet and we suffered.

Potter has the luxury of introducing Maupay (and others) at a pace he chooses.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This.

I remember when CH had to throw newly signed Pröpper in due to an injury to the King. He was poor for a few games whilst he found his Premier League Feet and we suffered.

Potter has the luxury of introducing Maupay (and others) at a pace he chooses.

That he does but he doesn't have the luxury of picking his desired game plan if he starts with Murray.

He can't go with quick, one touch, fast tempo attacking and GM.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Maupay to start.
It's not so much fitness for me, more understanding of systems and getting on teammates wavelength. Can't expect that after just a week of training

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
a15964591808fa5e297cc0f41eea138b.jpg

Reckon something like this with maybe burn in for Webster depending on how well Potter thinks he has settled in

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
a15964591808fa5e297cc0f41eea138b.jpg

Reckon something like this with maybe burn in for Webster depending on how well Potter thinks he has settled in

Yeah, that is pretty much exactly what I am expecting.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
It's not so much fitness for me, more understanding of systems and getting on teammates wavelength. Can't expect that after just a week of training

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

There are sometimes players who seem telepathic with their understanding of each other's movements and play and plenty of players who have moved to a new club and been thrown in only to score on their debut

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Expensive bench

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here