Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool v Norwich on Sky 1

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’m hoping that the difference between our new attacking approach and Norwich’s much-heralded expansive style is that we’ve actually got some decent defenders.

We KNOW that we can defend against any Premier League team, we won’t have forgotten how to do it when we need to. Kudos to CH for that :thumbsup:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
A74F6C1A-2D94-4361-A198-6151FEB1B755.jpeg

Going well is it, Mr Humphrey?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
You simply can’t do what Norwich are doing, and hope to God GP doesn’t have us playing this open and disorganised. Attack minded yes, but you have to have some structure and tactical awareness of where the opposition are hurting you. Norwich despite getting forward are dropping far too deep leaving space wide and outside their box where Liverpool are most dangerous.
Did you not watch the Valencia game? Loads don’t seem to grasp Potters tactics at all.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Is it a bit rash to be saying after this first half performance that Norwich are nailed on for 20th place.
Simply woeful at the back (as they were in the championship). This game could end up 7 or 8 nil.

Time to fire up the twitter account and troll that Jake Numpty for his anti Brighton comment. :D

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Norwich’s defence will struggle against average attacks. Their attack will be strong against poorer defences. I fancy our chances against them over the course of the season.

Their defence wasn't particularly great last season but they were efficient and decent going forward. This season they still have a dodgy defence and their attacking prowess versus premier league defences is going to diminish considerably.

scooter1

How soon is now?
I know it’s Liverpool, and they are very strong going forward. But every PL team must be looking at that and thinking, ‘we can score against this, as long as we keep it tight at the back’. And the transfer window is closed, so it’s not like they can go out on Monday and buy a couple of experienced journeymen

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Indeed. Plenty of posts from the original Hughton out brigade saying they’d prefer results like tonight’s and relegation rather than more defensive football. Some even stopped watching live Premier League football because they couldn’t grasp why we weren’t playing like Man City.

I hope we play like we did last season against Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool etc away. We’ll have a much better chance of getting a point then the 6 finger folk.

Rather lose 1 or 2 nil to the top six away than the thrashing that waits for every team lower half team. Goal difference once again is essential for us

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here