Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Mooy *** SIGNED on ONE YEAR LOAN DEAL ***

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Good bit of business by both clubs, I reckon.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Random question, purposefully planted in a busy thread as NSCers from everywhere are looking. What's the weather like in Port Talbot at the moment ?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Did we really do that with the pic? I assumed it was a hoax / joke?
Image first appeared from some random fan who I assume photoshopped it. I think someone's then just copy and pasted it onto the news article. Not buying that's genuine.
It was genuine.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Is it a straightforward 1 year loan, or do we have the right to buy at the end?

Reading the article on his move on the Huddersfield website it says Mooy was keen to play in the PL so I think the new 3 year deal is to protect Huddersfields investment in him and if they don't come straight back up he'll push for a permanent move somewhere. In fact they may already have that agreement between player and club.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Never heard of a player signing a new contract and then going on loan to a team in a higher division before.

Plenty of times a young player signs a contract and goes to a lower team, but none I can remember like this.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Really weird signing.

Wants another crack at the Premier League but signs a new deal so he can be sent back in a year, content that he's indeed a Championship player.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Wonder who at the club LEEKED the picture of Mooy in an Albion shirt , this morning

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Reading the article on his move on the Huddersfield website it says Mooy was keen to play in the PL so I think the new 3 year deal is to protect Huddersfields investment in him
I assumed that was the case, but I'm still wondering if we have a right to buy, as I think I'd read something like that earlier in the thread (although it made less sense before knowing Huddersfield got a contract extension out of him).

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Welcome Aaron, really improves CM IMHO...

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Never heard of a player signing a new contract and then going on loan to a team in a higher division before.

Plenty of times a young player signs a contract and goes to a lower team, but none I can remember like this.

I have known it. It's normally to reduce a wage bill, I think. Does seem strange.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Really weird signing.

Wants another crack at the Premier League but signs a new deal so he can be sent back in a year, content that he's indeed a Championship player.

Wow! What a major ****ing surprise... TSB puts a ridiculously negative spin on good news! :)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Really weird signing.

No. If he didn't sign a new deal, Huddersfield would not have loaned him out, so he'd be in the Championship this year. We're also not sure if he has a release clause that would allow him to stay in the PL next year if he's good enough.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Really weird signing.

Not from a playing perspective. Useful addition.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here