Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Norwich City - back off

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
You are not alone in thinking that firing Hughton is a big mistake. How do you (and the others) come to that verdict? He has had a whole season to show some progress but has taken us backwards. What have you seen from his team this season that makes Tony Bloom's decision a big mistake? Even in the midst of a tense relegation battle he couldn't motivate his players to score goals against a number of sides having massive problems themselves on the pitch.

Watching him in the technical area on matchdays, with his hands in his pockets for the match used to infuriate me. He'd sometimes whistle at the team but that was just to remind them that they were too far forward. Compare that to Guardiola when they were 3-1 up. Guardiola was coaching his team all the time.

Thanks Chris, for getting us promoted. For that you have our respect and thanks. Time to move on now.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

It's opinions isn't it?
The opposing view is that getting rid of Hughton will solve the problem. Equally how do you come to that verdict?

Many of us feel that Hughton wasn't the problem.
He is a good manager. He has proven that. His calmness and pragmatism can be a strength in this division.

Remember how the Media gushed over Carvalhal as he was seen as Swansea's saviour getting big wins against top six?

The fact that our current most likely candidate for replacement is an unproven championship manager, doesn't fill me with confidence.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Birmingham fans & Newcastle fans still think highly of Chris Hughton. It seems only Norwich still have a bee in their bonnet about him, so much so they still want to gloat over his downfall despite the fact he actually kept us up.

:shrug:

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
Birmingham fans & Newcastle fans still think highly of Chris Hughton. It seems only Norwich still have a bee in their bonnet about him, so much so they still want to gloat over his downfall despite the fact he actually kept us up.

:shrug:
I don’t care what others think,but I care deeply about our slide in recent months that he totally failed to halt.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Agree with the comparison with Fulham. Norwich will get massarced in the PL with Farke's brand of Keegan-esque style football. I reckon he'll be gone by Christmas. Followed by calls of 'Let's be 'avin you, Big Sam!'.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don’t get too upset at the way Norwich fans have gloated at our problems. What I am looking forward to is their reaction when their attacking football gets snuffed out, as the realisation dawns that they are not the breath of fresh air that they think they are going to be.

I will be LOVING that :smile:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I don’t get too upset at the way Norwich fans have gloated at our problems. What I am looking forward to is their reaction when their attacking football gets snuffed out, as the realisation dawns that they are not the breath of fresh air that they think they are going to be.

Agreed, they won’t last a season.
Lucky team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth

What problems? You’re a premier league club still with the ability to attract a very good manager

Cracking position to be in

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
You are not alone in thinking that firing Hughton is a big mistake. How do you (and the others) come to that verdict? He has had a whole season to show some progress but has taken us backwards. What have you seen from his team this season that makes Tony Bloom's decision a big mistake? Even in the midst of a tense relegation battle he couldn't motivate his players to score goals against a number of sides having massive problems themselves on the pitch.

Watching him in the technical area on matchdays, with his hands in his pockets for the match used to infuriate me. He'd sometimes whistle at the team but that was just to remind them that they were too far forward. Compare that to Guardiola when they were 3-1 up. Guardiola was coaching his team all the time.

Thanks Chris, for getting us promoted. For that you have our respect and thanks. Time to move on now.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

its my opinion for a few reasons. But its also pointless going into now, he is gone. Lets move on as you said yourself. Only time will tell if we make the step up to the next level. Although I have said I don't agree with the sacking of Hughton I trust TB its his club and his money and him being a fan of the club gives me more confidence. He should know better than me lets hope he is right. As a club we know the chair and the board can make the wrong decision sometimes. Just another thought though, after the Belotti, Archer era I thought major decisions were never gonna be left to 1 person again? The sacking of Hughton has been quoted as the choice of TB alone and not the choice of the board. Is this not considered a major decision?. Don't get me wrong am not comparing TB to the era. just hope he is right.. Swansea have turned down Brighton's offer for Potter.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
For the record I have, am and always will be in the Hughton in crowd and was devastated to learn of the news that he had been sacked today. What rubs salt in the wound is Norwich City fans on social media and here taking it as yet another chance to have a pop at Chris.

For the record, Norwich, we are not like you. Even those Albion fans most vehemently calling for Hughton to go will still remember him as a legend and possibly the best ever manager at Brighton and Hove Albion football club. You don’t remember him fondly and sacked Hughton with games remaining and still went down, whereas we had the sense to stick with him and allow him to see the job out and keep us up. If you think you’re coming up to the Premier League with your current brand of football then you’ll have an almighty shock and let’s see how pragmatic Farke becomes when you’re getting torn apart like Fulham.

Chris Hughton is one of the most dignified human beings in football, hence why journalists and many fans have reacted the way they did. He was the face of our football club and made us one of the most well-respected teams in the land. We don’t need you to come and tarnish our view of him because it won’t. I can now start to see why Ipswich find you so insufferably arrogant.

You have taken time to express a view that many of us hold. Many thanks.

Sep 10, 2010
For the record I have, am and always will be in the Hughton in crowd and was devastated to learn of the news that he had been sacked today. What rubs salt in the wound is Norwich City fans on social media and here taking it as yet another chance to have a pop at Chris.

For the record, Norwich, we are not like you. Even those Albion fans most vehemently calling for Hughton to go will still remember him as a legend and possibly the best ever manager at Brighton and Hove Albion football club. You don’t remember him fondly and sacked Hughton with games remaining and still went down, whereas we had the sense to stick with him and allow him to see the job out and keep us up. If you think you’re coming up to the Premier League with your current brand of football then you’ll have an almighty shock and let’s see how pragmatic Farke becomes when you’re getting torn apart like Fulham.

Chris Hughton is one of the most dignified human beings in football, hence why journalists and many fans have reacted the way they did. He was the face of our football club and made us one of the most well-respected teams in the land. We don’t need you to come and tarnish our view of him because it won’t. I can now start to see why Ipswich find you so insufferably arrogant.

LIKE.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

Glad to see him sacked. No backbone and too humble. We used to punch above our weight, but lately have lacked any punch at all. Nice guys win nothing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here