Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Indietracks Festival / all things C86 and indiepop!

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
Hi Staly, how’s it going? I’ll be buying this book. Still waiting for my copy of the Neil Taylor C86 book, like a lot of Kickstarter finders. Premier League is a bit up and down, exciting at times (when we got our first win), but in danger of getting dragged down a little it now - getting to 8th was a bit of a false dawn, even though we all knew it at the time. Shrews doing well, and the family have booked a week’s holiday in Shrewsbury at Easter. What’s your favourite song of 2017?

Only just saw this, sorry.

A week in Shrewsbury? Need any suggestions? You'll be doing all the Ironbridge museums presumably? Allow a good few hours for Blists Hill.

We're doing ok, but as a Shrewsbury fan I expect us to stumble at the last hurdle as usual. Losing play off finalists 2018 I reckon.

You'll stay up I think. Might be a close run thing though.

Don't know about a favourite song. I've been enjoying the Suggested Friends album. Yours?

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Only just saw this, sorry.

A week in Shrewsbury? Need any suggestions? You'll be doing all the Ironbridge museums presumably? Allow a good few hours for Blists Hill.

We're doing ok, but as a Shrewsbury fan I expect us to stumble at the last hurdle as usual. Losing play off finalists 2018 I reckon.

You'll stay up I think. Might be a close run thing though.

Don't know about a favourite song. I've been enjoying the Suggested Friends album. Yours?

I've already done the Ironbridge museums, but may go back I think. I like the Chemist's Shop at Blists Hill. May also go to Hawkstone Park again (did this last year as well). Think we'll find plenty to do in the town and surrounding area. If it rains we'll have to go to Telford. I'm not entirely sure what my favourite song of 2017 was - very keen on Star Roving, although I'd prefer Slomo if it didn't sound unnecessarily trebly at the end. The Body Is A Blade by Japanese Breakfast, Different Now by Chastity Belt and The French Press by RBCF are also up there. Looking forward to seeing Ride on Feb 16. Their album is a bit average, but I like Pulsar, and, of course, the old hits.

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
I've already done the Ironbridge museums, but may go back I think. I like the Chemist's Shop at Blists Hill. May also go to Hawkstone Park again (did this last year as well). Think we'll find plenty to do in the town and surrounding area. If it rains we'll have to go to Telford. I'm not entirely sure what my favourite song of 2017 was - very keen on Star Roving, although I'd prefer Slomo if it didn't sound unnecessarily trebly at the end. The Body Is A Blade by Japanese Breakfast, Different Now by Chastity Belt and The French Press by RBCF are also up there. Looking forward to seeing Ride on Feb 16. Their album is a bit average, but I like Pulsar, and, of course, the old hits.

Hah, forgot about the Slowdive album.

I also like Strand by Agent Bla- might be a bit too goth for this thread.

I grew up about 10 miles from Ironbridge.

If you or any of the family are interested in aircraft, RAF Cosford's been expanded quite a lot in recent years. The Cold War hanger's well worth a visit if you want to relive 80's nuclear paranoia.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
If you or any of the family are interested in aircraft, RAF Cosford's been expanded quite a lot in recent years. The Cold War hanger's well worth a visit if you want to relive 80's nuclear paranoia.

I'll look into it - we enjoyed going round a secret nuclear bunker in Essex last year, so reliving paranoid times is probably becoming a favourite family activity.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
A little heads up, there is a Sarah tour going out in the summer - Boyracer, Action Painting, Secret Shine and the wonderful Even As We Speak. Combined with this, a label owned by Stewart from Boyracer is re-issuing a lot of Sarah stuff (of the aforementioned bands, I presume).

We hope to have a show at The Forum in TW in July. I'll confirm soon.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
A little heads up, there is a Sarah tour going out in the summer - Boyracer, Action Painting, Secret Shine and the wonderful Even As We Speak. Combined with this, a label owned by Stewart from Boyracer is re-issuing a lot of Sarah stuff (of the aforementioned bands, I presume).

I was just looking for gigs this summer when a mate is visiting from Australia and saw this in the listings.
JANGLETASTIC

Flex Your Head

Bloody hell, top songs from 2017 and 1980s nuclear angst; *swoon*

I had jotted down a load of notes and tips for this thread from Indietracks 2017 and a couple of other weekenders, but then I realised I'd probably been drinking way too much for them to make a lot of sense.

I think my favourite new (to me) band from last year were Crumbs. Do you know them [MENTION=2040]Staly[/MENTION] - not a million miles from Suggested Friends. Their album is truly brilliant, and I'm pretty sure that every track has been a favourite at some point.

Hete's a vid:

Here's the album: https://crumbscrumbs.bandcamp.com/album/mind-yr-manners

I'm horribly, woefully out of touch now, so please do keep posting stuff on here. That Japanese Brekfast track is ace [MENTION=12196]tinycowboy[/MENTION] as is the Rolling Blackouts one - both new to me.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury

Please do - would have gone to The Wedding Present if I'd known it was on. I'll keep an eye on The Forum....

Flex Your Head

Is it likely to be late in July? If so, I'd imagine they'll all be playing Indietracks too. Fingers crossed anyway!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

It is looking like Blackburn and Wigan have the autos sown up now, sadly. One of those seasons (like ours with Burnley and Boro) where the top three are miles clear, and the play-offs suddenly look a travesty. Fingers crossed for a successful play-off campaign :thumbsup:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Whilst I'm here...

would anybody like to offer to run of a copy of the Sea Urchins' Stardust album, for me?

I've somehow lost the CD, and inexplicably its never made it onto my USB stuff. I've just been to Amazon, in mind to order a replacement, and its going for £199.95 :eek: (plus £1.26 p&p).

Remember though, popkids - under normal circumstances, pirating music is bad...

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Whilst I'm here...

would anybody like to offer to run of a copy of the Sea Urchins' Stardust album, for me?

I've somehow lost the CD, and inexplicably its never made it onto my USB stuff. I've just been to Amazon, in mind to order a replacement, and its going for £199.95 :eek: (plus £1.26 p&p).

That is a BIG ask. Honestly can’t remember whether I have it or not. Think not, but I’ll have a look. Looking forward to Snail Mail album coming out soon. Also seeing Anna Burch in London next month. Would have loved to see Japanese Breakfast and Snail Mail on the 15th, but can’t make it.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Whilst I'm here...

Sorry - I have 7 x 7” singles, but not the album...

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I've subscribed for this and have got the first two - Apple Boutique and The Siddeleys. The originals for both of these (plus the ones to come) are pretty pricey, so it's a good way to fill the gaps in your record collection (although there are a few overlaps for me in this series). The packaging is really good - perfect for those who like inserts, postcards and badges with the original artwork. Think these subscriptions could run out soon. Not sure how I missed Apple Boutique the first time round - it's a cracker.

https://opticnerverecordings.com/co...x7-singles-subscription?variant=8646818037871

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here