Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stats email from club

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Personally, I thought it all a bit big brother, intrusive and pointless. I already had this information.

I bet you didn't know how many passses had been completed though whilst you were watching, or how many goal attempts Maty Ryan had saved. All pretty pointless maybe, but a nice thank you from the club I thought.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
How do they work out the miles travelled - is it from your postcode (in which they are wrong for me), or is it from the Amex (in which case they are wrong for me)?

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I bet you didn't know how many passses had been completed though whilst you were watching, or how many goal attempts Maty Ryan had saved. All pretty pointless maybe, but a nice thank you from the club I thought.

About as pointless as the team after Christmas.
To be honest, I go to watch the football and have had enough data analysis in my working career not to care too much for reminders on just how bad we have been this season.
Perhaps if the stats improve next year it might generate just a bit more enthusiasm in me.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
29 aways. Huh? We didn’t even play that many, did we, and I know I missed two, maybe 3. :shrug:

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
No it's definitly cup games. Mine is spot on. 18 home league games (missed Bournemouth :lolol: ) plus 2 cup home games = 20 for me. And ONE away game. I can see that going a lot higher next season, except that a season off travelling away has no doubt bumped me down the super fan list.

Mine was spot on too. Mileage appears to be one way only though!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I opened the email and immediately got totally annoyed.

The email says that I attended 44 games, whereas I attended 45. It seems for some reason that I missed a home game.

So it would seem that it is now possible to enter the ground without presenting your ST and sit in your usual seat without it being picked up.

The question must be, why was my scanned ST, or print at home cup ticket not picked up when being scanned at the entrance. Which game have I missed according to the club.

OK, the email is just a bit of fun, but why can the club at least get the number of matches attended, correct.

Barber OUT

The-Libertine

May 2, 2006

The email says that I attended 44 games, whereas I attended 45. It seems for some reason that I missed a home game.

So it would seem that it is now possible to enter the ground without presenting your ST and sit in your usual seat without it being picked up.

The question must be, why was my scanned ST, or print at home cup ticket not picked up when being scanned at the entrance. Which game have I missed according to the club.

OK, the email is just a bit of fun, but why can the club at least get the number of matches attended, correct.

Barber OUT

Exactly the same for me. I think the Southampton league cup game might have been left out of the analysis. I’ve seen the data for a few people who went to all 22 home games (19 league + Derby/WBA/Southampton) but nobody seems to have more than 21.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
21 home games. Went to every game but seems to have missed one.
31 away games. I only missed one away game I know that. But there is no way that we played 32 games away.

Odd.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

Barber OUT

Exactly the same for me. I think the Southampton league cup game might have been left out of the analysis. I’ve seen the data for a few people who went to all 22 home games (19 league + Derby/WBA/Southampton) but nobody seems to have more than 21.

The small print at the bottom of the email confirms that it’s League and FA Cup games only, so 21 is indeed the max. They don’t explain why though.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
All this time and money spent telling people what they already know :shrug:

presumably the software for this is no different to last year so the investment in generating stats info personalised per ticket holder is a sunk cost and the time/money is no different to sending out any other email. (bit of design work obviously)

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The small print at the bottom of the email confirms that it’s League and FA Cup games only, so 21 is indeed the max. They don’t explain why though.

Very strange given the club will know who brought tickets as loyalty points would have been awarded.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here