Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I see this has become " The Brexit Thread " now? This is going to mess with Bakerlite's " On his Way " guff......

#gonnastay

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Feed them all mushroom soup.All the vegans will think it favours them,and don't need to know it has chicken stock in it.All the meat-eaters can snigger at the vegans.

There would be civil unrest, probably leading to martial law if the vegans ever found out.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
:lolol:

WILL OF THE PEOPLE

LEAVE MEANS LEAVE

WE COPED BEFORE WHEN WE STOOD ALONE IN THE WAR DIDN'T WE?

People voted to Leave, but the 17.4m don’t all want the same version of leaving the EU and some not at all now.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
So it's basically her fault and she shouldn't be allowed to express her opinions? As I understand it the suggestion she shouldn't return home this weekend came from the police, so clearly they thought there was enough in it to treat it seriously, and not just a bunch of cretins in bedsits spaffing bile onto Twitter.

Nope, that's your interpretation and nothing remotely near what I wrote.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The problem I see with a peoples vote is you would have to have more than 2 options on the vote, Mays deal, no deal or stay in EU. In fact you could even argue there should be a 4th option of the oppositions broad plan of leaving the EU but remaining with much closer links to the EU (customs union, Canada++ etc). So what happens if with another referendum and the percentages were broadly 20% Mays deal, 32% no deal, 48% stay in EU. So the highest single vote option is to revoke article 50 and stay in the EU but still over half the vote has opted by one way or another they still want to leave?

???

Why make it any more complex than it should be?

May is the leader of the country. The country voted to leave, here’s the deal. If you voted for Brexit, this is what you voted for.

May’s deal vs remain. Very simple.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
So you think she's perfectly safe although on police advice, she isn't.

Jo Cox was murdered by a right wing sympathiser and was indirectly affected by the mood of the country pre Brexit. Anti immigration feelings ran and are running very high.

Your post was crass.

Your opinion is simple. It's a complex issue.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
b523c6c5f7ae8e4395544c22871d22eb.jpg

Some folk are having some chuckles on this petition.

By legal default, on our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Excellent. Another sore loser that cannot admit that they LOST and that someone who voted FOR Brexit KNEW EXACTLY WHAT THEY VOTED FOR =LEAVE THE EU.

Your about as objective as a pig farmer at a vegan rally.

Conceited ass. It's twats like you and May that cannot admit that others might have known what they want when they voted.

Simple question - which of the 40,000 different version of Brexit did you vote for?

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Nope, that's your interpretation and nothing remotely near what I wrote.

Forgive me, I had interpreted the below...

"I'd not take notice if I were her but if I were, I'd probably not fan the flames of discontent by grandstanding and setting up a new party a month before D-Day..."

...as insinuating that the fault really lied with her and her "grandstanding", and also her expressing her opinions through being involved with TIG. Clearly I was wrong.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Saying that she fanned the flames of discontent does sound like you are suggesting it's her fault.

Edited as you've done, perhaps does. I wrote "I probably wouldn't..." the reply to which was "So you're saying it's all her fault...". Er, no. I didn't write or say that. But given the bi-polar, extreme spectrum nature of many people's views on Brexit it's to be expected I suppose that people filter in such a way.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here