Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Mosque shooting in Christchurch, NZ

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
And. . . Rush Limbaugh has floated the idea that this may have been a leftist false flag attack, that a lefty did it to make right-wingers look bad. Expect Trump to echo this within the week.

I never knew what false flag meant when I read it a few times on YouTube earlier. Is that bad Juan? Basically a covert operation which is unbelievable.
People are questioning the video and the authenticity of it. I suppose this is where you get conspiracy theories from.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Apparently one shooter was playing an SS song while he was killing people. Nazi scum.

And if you've spread hate about people just because they happen to be Muslims, you have contributed to this.

24-donald-trump-2.w700.h467.jpg

"No, I didn't. This group, with some fine people, did it."

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
You brought up an attack that happened 20 years ago. Then before that ? These sort of attacks are so bloody rare but it's almost if you are using it to justify the point you are making. Compare these far right attacks to Islamic attacks in the UK is pathetic and desperate. There's no contest.

I'd suggest it is yourself who is trying to justify some point, although I'm not quite sure what it is. Clapham Gull, like myself simply responded to a comment that right wing attacks DON'T happen in the UK. That is demonstrably wrong. The threat and reality of deadly right wing terror attacks is very real and rising. It's not a competition to see who's 'worst'.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
I never knew what false flag meant when I read it a few times on YouTube earlier. Is that bad Juan? Basically a covert operation which is unbelievable.
People are questioning the video and the authenticity of it. I suppose this is where you get conspiracy theories from.

It goes beyond that, once they have decided its a conspiracy the gun lobbies then threaten the families of the victims for their "lies". If the US doesnt trust reporting of a shooting in their own country then this will be easily dismissed.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'd suggest it is yourself who is trying to justify some point, although I'm not quite sure what it is. Clapham Gull, like myself simply responded to a comment that right wing attacks DON'T happen in the UK. That is demonstrably wrong. The threat and reality of deadly right wing terror attacks is very real and rising. It's not a competition to see who's 'worst'.

@Clapham Gull replied to this post “Would seem very strange if its white / right wing doing this as you don't get that even in the UK”, quite correctly that there have been attacks and planned attacks here of that nature.

Bizarrely he was then taken to task on that fact, partly because the death toll of any event here hadn’t been 49.

You couldn’t make it up.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
A far-right Australian senator who blamed Friday's attack on Muslim immigration to New Zealand had to be restrained on Saturday after punching a man protesting his comments.

Queensland Senator Fraser Anning had an egg thrown at him during a press conference in Melbourne, leading the politician to punch the man in the face repeatedly.

On Friday, Mr Anning said the shootings at two mosques in Christchurch, in which 49 people died, were the result of Muslim immigration into New Zealand.

Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison said Mr Anning's comments were "appalling" and "ugly" and had "no place in Australia".

:facepalm:

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A far-right Australian senator who blamed Friday's attack on Muslim immigration to New Zealand had to be restrained on Saturday after punching a man protesting his comments.

Queensland Senator Fraser Anning had an egg thrown at him during a press conference in Melbourne, leading the politician to punch the man in the face repeatedly.

On Friday, Mr Anning said the shootings at two mosques in Christchurch, in which 49 people died, were the result of Muslim immigration into New Zealand.

Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison said Mr Anning's comments were "appalling" and "ugly" and had "no place in Australia".

:facepalm:

Just looked up their voting system and it’s a version of PR. This **** squeezed in at their elections, as an independent. He wouldn’t have had a hope of gaining fame and some power, under our first past the post system.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Robert Evans has worked as a conflict journalist in Iraq and Ukraine and reported extensively on far-right extremist groups in the United States. He's particularly interested in the ways terrorist groups recruit, radicalize and communicate through the Internet.

His article today is certainly an intelligent, informative read albeit a thoroughly depressing one in light of the Christchurch tragedy.

It features original posts by Brenton Tarrant and online responses that are offensive (racist, homophobic, etc.) as well as strong language, so be warned.

I've got no interest in watching any video of the shooting. Unless one is working in law enforcement, some things are better unseen. It's easy to become desensitized.

“Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster... for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you.” (Nietzsche)

But in the hope and belief that knowledge of the enemy is a significant step in overcoming it, here's an extract from the article:

Shortly after the spree ended, New Zealand Police Commissioner Mike Bush confirmed that several improvised explosive devices had been disarmed by authorities. If those devices were meant as some kind of booby trap, they were not the only trap Brenton left behind. Immediately before carrying out his spree, he posted links to a manifesto on Twitter.

In “The Great Replacement” he repeats a variety of “white genocide” talking points, and claims his murder of several dozen Muslims is because they are “invaders” outbreeding the white race. All the evidence we have suggests these are, more or less, the shooter’s beliefs.

But this manifesto is a trap itself, laid for journalists searching for the meaning behind this horrific crime. There is truth in there, and valuable clues to the shooter’s radicalization, but it is buried beneath a great deal of, for lack of a better word, “shitposting”.

Shitposting is the act of throwing out huge amounts of content, most of it ironic, low-quality trolling, for the purpose of provoking an emotional reaction in less Internet-savvy viewers. The ultimate goal is to derail productive discussion and distract readers. “The Great Replacement” is a clear and brutally obvious example of this technique.

https://www.bellingcat.com/news/rest-of-world/2019/03/15/shitposting-inspirational-terrorism-and-the-christchurch-mosque-massacre/

We get a certain amount of 'shitposting' on NSC. I'm pleased to see better vigilance from mods lately. Certain shitposters were tolerated for too long.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
We get a certain amount of 'shitposting' on NSC. I'm pleased to see better vigilance from mods lately. Certain shitposters were tolerated for too long.

I find the whole alt-right fringe morbidly fascinating.

Like you say it raises its head on here and from posters who most of the time don't take on that persona.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I’ve not been on NSC as long as you, but there’s definitely been a marked positive change in my time. Keyboard knuckledraggers condoning extreme views or deriding people suffering from mental illness, have been squeezed out or have tempered their NSC behaviour. Attempts to bully are crushed by the Mods.

Definitely leads to classier debating.

Last edited:

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Weststander;8818331 Attempts to bully are crushed by the Mods. Definitely leads to classier debating.[/QUOTE said:
Of course the tragic Christchurch killings should be(and apart from a few have been) condemned by all....However Not sure " Disagreement with mods opinion being crushed(banned) leads to a classier debate". Seems dictatorial to me !

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Of course the tragic Christchurch killings should be(and apart from a few have been) condemned by all....However Not sure " Disagreement with mods opinion being crushed(banned) leads to a classier debate". Seems dictatorial to me !

Read my penultimate sentence again.

Bullying by a poster or a little gang, against an individual, is crushed by the Mods. Shirley that’s good.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Christchurch mosque shootings: New Zealand to ban military style weapons

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-47648549

Ms Ardern said she expected new legislation to be in place by 11 April, saying: "Our history changed forever. Now, our laws will too."

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here