Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton and Injuries tracker 2018/19

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
[MENTION=24867]chaileyjem[/MENTION] - Is Izquierdo fit to start against Hudd, please?

CH hasn't said otherwise, he played on Wednesday, and has been training now for over 2 weeks . Club released this pic of him training today.

jose.png

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
CH hasn't said otherwise, he played on Wednesday, and has been training now for over 2 weeks . Club released this pic of him training today.

View attachment 105163

Hamstrings look a bit tight,.......naw he will be firing on Saturday, I think he will be in the starting line up.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Pre - Huddersfield

Gross [hamstring] "Pascal will miss the game. He felt his hamstring. It's not too bad we think but this game has come too early."
Balogun [shoulder] "is still out." - Not training.

Andone [suspension] - back for Hudds.

All other players fit and available via
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...ove-albion-vs-huddersfield-town-on-02-mar-19/

Izquierdo said this

My reality is this; I can't change it. I don't have a pill that can change my reality, so I have to accept I have the injury, do my best to manage it and be mentally strong.

Does this mean he has a knee problem which could flair up again ?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Izquierdo said this

My reality is this; I can't change it. I don't have a pill that can change my reality, so I have to accept I have the injury, do my best to manage it and be mentally strong.

I think he's referring to how he felt during his recovery but there's more context on this with the he full interview with Jose and the Argus last week
via https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/17...aith-injury-torture-and-why-he-keeps-smiling/
He started Colombia's opening defeat by Japan (below), lasting 70 minutes despite feeling something in his knee which he dismissed as "a kick" which would wear off.
The Argus: He woke up the following morning in pain but, desperate not to be sent home, continued training.

Izquierdo played no part in Colombia's subsequent victories over Poland and Senegal and defeat by England on penalties in the last 16.
"When I finished the World Cup I had a scan which showed a small tear," he said. "I went a long time without doing anything in the holidays and it felt okay, in the gym, running, taking care of myself.
"When I arrived here (Albion) the first two trainings I felt something strange, that my knee went out and then back.
"We did another scan and the tear was flip-flopped up and when the bone hit the meniscus (cartilage) it made the knee go out and it was not good.
"There was a lot of risk of damage in other parts of the knee so then we made the decision to have surgery, so then I had August, September and October recovery."

Izquierdo began his comeback from the bench at Manchester City. He was involved in a hat-trick of 1-0 wins in October, setting up Beram Kayal's decisive goal at Newcastle (below), and featured in the 2-1 victory at today's visitors Huddersfield at the start of December. Three days later at the Amex he was struck down again.

The Argus: "I played ten games and then I was unlucky against Palace," he said. "I got again another tear, in the same meniscus, but at the back. The first one was at the front.
"The player I am and the characteristics I have, I turn too much and stress my knees so I need a lot of meniscus."

A second operation was ruled out on medical advice in favour of rest and Izquierdo made his second comeback as a late substitute in Tuesday's 2-1 defeat at Leicester (be
The 26-year-old said: "It feels great being back on the pitch with the boys. It was ten minutes and it also wasn't the result I wanted and we wanted but it's good for my mentality.
"I have been a long time without playing and you don't feel good. It has given me high energy and motivation to keep working and get back fit and 100 per cent
"It's difficult, just managing reality. I can't live for the past and I also I can't live for the future, just live in the present.
"I don't have a pill that can change my reality, so I have to accept I have the injury, do my best to manage it and be mentally strong.
"There are a a lot of things that have changed in my life that in the end I have to adapt to.

"In the end you cannot lose the happiness. We are very lucky to have this job. We do something that we love. We wake up and play football.
"Not many people in the world have that privilege. So the things that happen just happen and this kind of thing in this sport is a big probability.
"At the beginning it's hard. You get mad, you get sad, and you wonder why you? But it's easier to carry on with a good mood, with a good smile, because if I am in a bad mood, sad, it will not change my reality. It's easier being how I am - and just smiling."

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Same injury I had when I was 22. Never felt the same after and always left me feeling weaker on that side. All I could do, and still do 20 years later is work hard on the medialis muscles. I guess what he’s inferring is that he now has to live and mentally get over his knee not quite feeling the same.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Izquierdo said this

Sound like it’s a bucket handle tear of the meniscus and the surgeon preferred non invasive techniques to let it repair itself.

I had a similar injury at 26 and had surgery to correct and as other poster has said I’ve never felt the same on that side either.

Think psychologically this will make him less of a player but hope I’m wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Schelotto out for the rest of the season with a knee injury that requires surgery.

Should give him a bit more time to mince around focussing on anything except playing football

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not sure why people write stuff like this on NSC.

Because I think he’s been pretty disrespectful to a club paying him 10s of thousands per week. If you’re gonna play your life out on social media don’t expect people not to comment

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Because I think he’s been pretty disrespectful to a club paying him 10s of thousands per week. If you’re gonna play your life out on social media don’t expect people not to comment

Is any type of comment on here off limits then? "Pansying" around. Being pleased that an Albion player has a career threatening injury.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Is any type of comment on here off limits then? "Pansying" around. Being pleased that an Albion player has a career threatening injury.

For someone who seemingly only deals in facts & actuals, I am not sure how you decide I’m pleased he has an injury? Quite the opposite as it means he becomes an expensive asset on our books for even longer.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Not sure why people write stuff like this on NSC.

Everyone’s entitled to an opinion. In fact a world without discourse and debate about opinions is about as interesting as a sock found behind a radiator.

One assumes this remains a forum, for which the primary purpose remains discussion and discourse about opinions. The day it stops being such a place is the day we all switch off.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Everyone’s entitled to an opinion. In fact a world without discourse and debate about opinions is about as interesting as a sock found behind a radiator.

One assumes this remains a forum, for which the primary purpose remains discussion and discourse about opinions. The day it stops being such a place is the day we all switch off.

of course. the health of NSC is up to the people that use it, moderate it, run it and contribute to it. I'm just one of thousands. But casual insults and offence at each other or players (in this case) causes potential users to switch off too.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
of course. the health of NSC is up to the people that use it, moderate it, run it and contribute to it. I'm just one of thousands. But casual insults and offence at each other or players (in this case) causes potential users to switch off too.

So on a football forum for a specific club fans aren’t allowed an opinion to question the motivation of a player willing to make questionable and public proclamations of a relatively maverick player who already divides opinion?

Blimey.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
So on a football forum for a specific club fans aren’t allowed an opinion to question the motivation of a player willing to make questionable and public proclamations of a relatively maverick player who already divides opinion?

Whats allowed on NSC or not is nothing to do with me (ask the moderators or Bozza) and i have a different view, which i guess is also allowed to you and the OP as to what passes for fair comment about our players and injuries especially when they've just been hit with something that will keep them out for months.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here