Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leicester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Which should be easy for CH to overcome and lift the players, especially if beaten by Huddersfield

How on earth would losing to Huddersfield be "easy to overcome" ? That's as close to a home banker as you're ever going to get in this division. By that I don't mean it'll be an easy win, but if we can't claim 3 points from that game, then it becomes very difficult to see where our next 3 points would come from.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Come on boys stop feeding him.

You'll get 'when that's my opinion and you can't change it' soon.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
I disagree as they will see that game as their last chance to avoid relegation so will be well up for it. If they win that will not be a disaster for us as they are so far behind us. Our big game is v Cardiff with Southampton and Newcastle just behind in importance.

Come on BG, I know you revel in being contrary but you surely can't believe a home defeat against a woeful Huddersfield, looking at where we are in the league, would be anything other than catastrophic for our morale and chance of staying up ?

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Never thought Rogers would leave his "Dream job" but there you go. Their players will be proper fired up for this and we don't have a good record against them anyway. Still, you never know with football. Staying hopeful.
Why can't our players be 'fired up' just for once we started well against Fulham away.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Some of the championship players that have been regulars simply haven’t repaid the managers faith, Winstanly must be confused at times with technically better players he has scouted sat on the bench every week.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
A draw wouldn't be "Premier League Life Threatening"!

A win would be ruddy marvellous to get the old confidence up for our very tricky looking March set of fixtures!

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Too much pessimism on this thread. Anyone would think we're heading to the Nou Camp this evening. Granted Puel's sacking and Rodger's imminent appointment will boost them after they got thrashed the other day, but we could spring what would be a small surprise IF we get a result.

Up the Albion! :albion2:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Some of the championship players that have been regulars simply haven’t repaid the managers faith, Winstanly must be confused at times with technically better players he has scouted sat on the bench every week.

Which 'technically better players' has he signed who are currently missing out, exactly?

Keeper:
Ryan is comfortably our best. He starts.

Full backs:
Montoya looks a tidy player, but in terms of technique he isn't a patch on Bruno.
Bernardo now starts all games he is fully fit for.

Centre Backs:
Balogun and Burn are a level below Dunk and Duffy.

Centre midfield:
Pröpper is probably the most technically gifted player at the club, so you can't mean him.
Groß for his limitations (pace, essentially) is hugely gifted.
SEE BELOW.

Wide midfield:
March and Knockaert are technically gifted, and play a lot of minutes.
Locadia starts matches ahead of the more technically gifted Alireza - but he's done little to stake a claim, tbh.

Centre Forward:
Murray has the best first touch of our forwards, and is the most intelligent. he starts

So basically all you're left with is that you'd like Bissouma to start ahead of Stephens. :shrug:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Would grab a point with both hands, need to stop the rot in the league. 4 pts min from next 3...

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Which 'technically better players' has he signed who are currently missing out, exactly?

Keeper:
Ryan is comfortably our best. He starts.

Full backs:
Montoya looks a tidy player, but in terms of technique he isn't a patch on Bruno.
Bernardo now starts all games he is fully fit for.

Centre Backs:
Balogun and Burn are a level below Dunk and Duffy.

Centre midfield:
Pröpper is probably the most technically gifted player at the club, so you can't mean him.
Groß for his limitations (pace, essentially) is hugely gifted.
SEE BELOW.

Wide midfield:
March and Knockaert are technically gifted, and play a lot of minutes.
Locadia starts matches ahead of the more technically gifted Alireza - but he's done little to stake a claim, tbh.

Centre Forward:
Murray has the best first touch of our forwards, and is the most intelligent. he starts

So basically all you're left with is that you'd like Bissouma to start ahead of Stephens. :shrug:

He said some of the championship players who have been regular starters so you can narrow it even further.

But yeah, Bissouma instead of Stephens appears to be the only fit!

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Why can't our players be 'fired up' just for once we started well against Fulham away.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk
That was a strange one. At the time I put it down to the introduction of Cairnie but it must have been more than that.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
As is always the case with away matches, I have zero confidence in us picking up anything tonight. Hughton does not seem capable of getting the team to put in a decent performance away from home at this level.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
419A70A8-EB8B-4733-8048-CB64D229311F.jpeg

Looks like he’s there .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here