Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Bad day to be an Aussie....

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Shame,
(Slightly harshly), beaten by France in the WC,
Beaten by the Irish in the egg chasing, and looking good for England against them in the cricket,

I'm sure there's a few tinnies being sunk in misery over there at the moment....:):):)

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Shame. But they were so gracious in vitctory when they were on winning steaks a few years back that I am sure the victors will do the same

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Aussies will be justifiably proud of their efforts, albeit gutted with the outcomes. Fantastic competitors with an almost ALBIONESQUE team spirit :clap2:

PortuGull

Gooooooooooooooooooooolll
Jul 10, 2011
Brighton Marina
Shame. But they were so gracious in vitctory when they were on winning steaks a few years back that I am sure the victors will do the same

Well done! Rare to see them lose so much...

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I was firmly supporting the footbsllroos tonight but I nearly choked on my cider when Craig Foster spoke about the way Australian sports teams were always honest and fair. :)

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Sea Eagle

Jun 23, 2011
Shame,
(Slightly harshly), beaten by France in the WC,
Beaten by the Irish in the egg chasing, and looking good for England against them in the cricket,

I'm sure there's a few tinnies being sunk in misery over there at the moment....:):):)

Played really well against France and unlucky to lose. No dramas over here.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
How the **** would you know? AFL is the #1 sport in the nation. It dominates the sports media during the winter season.

Unless a lot has changed in the last 10 years that's only true in Victoria. NSW and QLD go more Rugby League and (to a lesser extent) Union, ahead of the AFL. There's a good reason why the majority of the teams are Vic teams in the AFL.

Victoria 10 teams. And then 2 each in NSW, QLD, SA, and WA. And some of those non Vic teams were historically Vic teams (e.g. the South Melbourne Swans -> Sydney Swans).

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Because of the results...

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

This. Today's Rugby Union was played in Melbourne in front of 30,000 people but no one in Victoria will be talking about it :rolleyes:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Unless a lot has changed in the last 10 years that's only true in Victoria. NSW and QLD go more Rugby League and (to a lesser extent) Union, ahead of the AFL. There's a good reason why the majority of the teams are Vic teams in the AFL.

Victoria 10 teams. And then 2 each in NSW, QLD, SA, and WA. And some of those non Vic teams were historically Vic teams (e.g. the South Melbourne Swans -> Sydney Swans).

And South Australia, Western Australia, Tasmania and the Northern Territory.

Australian Rules is huge in those States and Territories.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here