Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PPG for top 10 and required PPG for rest of season.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
20 points from 10 second round games. Continue that for 13 more (and the opposition is easier overall) gives 97 points. Udders would need 33 points to overtake us, as our GD is so much better, and I can't see that happening.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Seems absolutely bonkers that someone could finish with over 90 points and not get promoted. Still think rocky form towards the end of the season will see the totals drop but still, shows just how hard it can be.

In my personal and non biased opinion, Huddersfield should just relax and go for it in the playoffs, we were burned out after trying to get top two, I wouldn't want that to happen to them.

Yoda

English & European
Time for an update and not a lot of change for the top three. Just need one of those 0's to change to a 3 for us (or visa versa for Town) to swing the form totals back in our favour.
Bit more orange creeping on there in terms of teams that cannot overhaul us too.
table36.PNG

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Huddersfield's next 2 games away to Brentford and home to Bristol City, ours home to Derby and away at MIGHTY. I reckon they will get more points than us in these

They will get 3-4 points from those. As long as we match them that's two more games gone. They're running out of time.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Huddersfield's next 2 games away to Brentford and home to Bristol City, ours home to Derby and away at MIGHTY. I reckon they will get more points than us in these
They're away to brizzle. Don't think they will get 6 points from these

Yoda

English & European
A rather interesting anecdote from last nights win see's our 'Form total' rise due to having less than ten games to play.
Beat Leeds and that jumps to 96.
table37-1.PNG

Yoda

English & European
Unfortunately after todays games, Huddersfields form total has had a similar effect leaving us needing at least 95 points for automatic promotion. :(
Although still do-able with 9 matches left, 18 points needed from 27 up for grabs.

table37.PNG

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
This ties in exactly with the less mathematical 6 wins thread.

I have said my piece before about using last 10 game form. For example, next week our defeat at Udders drops off, and Udders' win against Ipswich does also, so the form comparative on this table will be be valid only if we lose at Leeds and they win at Bristol City the night before (admittedly a not wholly impossible scenario). The margins are really too narrow to use such a strict mathematical basis.

I think form needs to be assessed over a longer period; more relevant IMO is form since the turn of the season after 23 games. That is clearly a useful staging point as everyone has played everyone else once. On that basis, Udders are best of top three with 29 points from 13 games. We have 26 from 14, and Toon 28 from 14. Udders have effectively made up one win over the period with a game in hand at home to Norwich to come.If they win that, it will be two wins made up in 14 games, but they need to make up two wins and a draw in the final 9.

Udders might do it, but would rely on either Albion or Newcastle slipping up and them having some more luck. They can't really keep on winning by one goal. Curious I say that because many on here were mocking Boro fans for saying that in late 2015 about Albion, but they were right as the spell from late Dec to mid Jan showed.

Yoda

English & European
Prior to Reading v Leeds. Minimum of 5 wins required now:
Also brought the form table into 5 games as it can start going out the window a bit at this stage of the season.
table39.PNG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here