Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Unc, so how does that sit with you previously writing off any chilly weather at all this winter ???

I was wrong is how it sits

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We had 1 week of winter which was nice a touch of snow on the downs some frosts and lovely days so I am happy but I believe it will kick off big style early february

Yoda

English & European
Don't jest with him:
graphe3_1000_295_179___.gif

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
For idiots like me what does that graph mean in layman terms ?

The three sets of different coloured lines indicate levels of the temperature at a pressure line of 850hPa, temperature at a pressure line of 500hPa and the signal for precipitation respectively. With regards to the signal for precipitation the snow flake symbols and percentage indicators should be self explanatory.

In a little more detail the different coloured lines are computer simulations from different interpretations of data. The thicker read line of each of the trend line or best fit of all the interpretations of the data - moyenne des scenarios literally meaning the best of all the outcomes.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
In summary - a low probability of some very cold weather. More data needed.

Flex Your Head

All models suggesting this or just one?

From my very limited knowledge, and from a glance at the weather forums, it appears that it's potentially going to get up to a heady 13 or 14 in places this weekend, with temperatures dropping back to usual values next week. Not a particularly good outlook for cold lovers in the foreseeable, to be honest. Having said that, the various outputs have been all over the place recently, so ruling anything out further than 5 or 6 days ahead is just daft.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
So ever since US 'predicted' what the models were saying, the models have all changed ???

I remember horses doing the same :wink:

I'm not quite sure where US got the idea from about an upcoming cold spell...

I notice the [MENTION=6045]seagurn[/MENTION] mentioned the possibility of a SSW that might bring a cold outbreak, but this depends on a lot of things, and seems to be continually pushed back in the model forecasts, so nothing to get to excited about there.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here