Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora "Too tired"

Leyton Gull

Banned
Sep 14, 2015
One of the problems with the top man being a fan is that he can make sentimental choices. OK it would be a bit silly to say that the Zam is finnish but not sure he'll be bagging more than 20 this campaign. The jury is out.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
One of the problems with the top man being a fan is that he can make sentimental choices. OK it would be a bit silly to say that the Zam is finnish but not sure he'll be bagging more than 20 this campaign. The jury is out.

Of course it's silly to say he is Finnish, when he's English.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
"He did well," Hughton told BBC Sussex. "We knew we wouldn't get 90 minutes from him but he will benefit from that and will get better and better.
"It's a good start for him and we need to make sure we look after him. It's a real good option to have Bobby available."

Says enough for me

Who or where does it say zamora came off because he was 'too tired'.

The man is a statistic improbability. With his chronic hip problems, knee injuries his had, plus a leg break.
I'm suprised he is still training.
The fact that he put more then 45 mins into the bolton match is a true commitment.

When he came on for the last 12 mins or so in his first home debut. I stood up and applauded him because he can still push himself to play at this level.
When QPR felt his days are truly numbered at this level.

He was involved in both of our goals against bolton, Not for any crazy speed running!. but using his footballing brain of experiance.
It's quality that wins you games, Not always Fitness levels.

I agree. Zamora is past his best, which is why he has dropped down to the Championship. The club took him on to boost moral because of Zamora's previous history with the club, and as a sign of intent that they mean business this year as he is still a decent striker. But he isn't a 46 game player anymore. I'm sure that Zamora is incredibly fit. He just isn't much fit at the moment. If he keeps playing, then that will come back.
The question is, how long will he be able to last before he picks up an injury and is out for a few months. I don't think we should have kept COG. he lost his confidence last season when we signed bent and then Best. He knew he was never gonna be first choice, which is a shame, as he looked quite sharp when he came back after his loan spell. We should, however, have got a replacement. We should either have signed one, or got one on a year long loan, and if that wasn't possible, then we should have kept hold of COG. He would have been a better option for the last 15 minutes yesterday.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Of course he's English I never said he wasn't! I just don't get it!!

So i t seems..so lets look at your original post

Now as you can see you have used the word ''finnish'' ...instead of the word ''finished'' ....perhaps now you can see what the poster was referring to ...i'm sure he was only having a laugh with you :)

Leyton Gull

Banned
Sep 14, 2015
So i t seems..so lets look at your original post

Now as you can see you have used the word ''finnish'' ...instead of the word ''finished'' ....perhaps now you can see what the poster was referring to ...i'm sure he was only having a laugh with you :)
Hang on … are you saying the Zam is finished then?

Leyton Gull

Banned
Sep 14, 2015
No I don't think he's Finnish, I just think the jury is out as I was saying. No, it would be silly to say that.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Where has the thumbs down button gone? Surely this is the perfect thread to use it in.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Where has the thumbs down button gone? Surely this is the perfect thread to use it in.

I think Bozza may well have deleted it as part of the purge of JimBobtwat.

Still....I miss it. :annoyed:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Zamora is in his early 30's and all he does all week is play football. He has been injury free since the summer and so I do not think that he should be too tired to play a full game of football now and again. Stanley Mathews was playing football into his 50's and that was without all of the coaching staff that they have these days. I think we should be demanding more of Zamora.

"too tired" in the thread implies this is a quote. Is this your quote ? Because its not a quote from the manager, the club, Zamora, the argus, radio sussex or every single bit of "media" that reported on the game. I checked.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Hats off to [MENTION=15922]Working class pride[/MENTION] for some top fishing.

He's landed a trawler load on this thread.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Brilliant that Bobby was true to his word and returned to the club. But he isn't the "same" Bobby and we shouldn't expect him to be.

Anything we get from BZ should be viewed as a bonus; I can't believe we brought him back to be our starting centre forward every week but great to have as cover and to do a job last 15/20 when necessary.

With BZ's injury / fitness record I am really surprised that we lack cover up front; we have to assume that BZ will be out for periods and that leaves us seriously exposed up front. Take Bobby out of the equation and what have we got? If Hemed gets a long term injury are we going to expect BZ to be starting every game. I do hope not.

I'm baffled that CH let COG go without adequate cover, the club may well regret not taking Vhydra when it had the chance, and I'm still not sure I understand how Barber managed to return from Argentina without Calleri!

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Brilliant that Bobby was true to his word and returned to the club. But he isn't the "same" Bobby and we shouldn't expect him to be.

Anything we get from BZ should be viewed as a bonus; I can't believe we brought him back to be our starting centre forward every week but great to have as cover and to do a job last 15/20 when necessary.

With BZ's injury / fitness record I am really surprised that we lack cover up front; we have to assume that BZ will be out for periods and that leaves us seriously exposed up front. Take Bobby out of the equation and what have we got? If Hemed gets a long term injury are we going to expect BZ to be starting every game. I do hope not.

I'm baffled that CH let COG go without adequate cover, the club may well regret not taking Vhydra when it had the chance, and I'm still not sure I understand how Barber managed to return from Argentina without Calleri!

Some serious and important questions here. There is not enough cover for sure if we want to be right at the top end of the table. That should be obvious to all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here