Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Derby / FA Cup 5th Round

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Max Sanders or Gyokeres wasn’t in the u23s squad tonight that beat Man City.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I love Muzza but he's just too important for our Prem survival so on the bench for him. I'd like to see Locadia play proper centre forward, none of this left wing bollocks.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
We have seen Locadia play centre forward and it's not his natural position. Murray has to start and then give him next weekend off.
I really don't get resting players when we don't have a game the following week, they are professional footballers not show ponies.

Total futball seems to have gone out the window in favour of players only playing in their comfort zones.

Total Football's tactical success depends largely on the adaptability of each footballer within the team, in particular the ability to quickly switch positions depending on the on-field situation. The theory requires players to be comfortable in multiple positions; hence, it requires very intelligent and technically diverse players.

If only ..... ???

At the moment it seems difficult enough for our players to master their chosen (=natural) positions. 4-3-3 requires more flexibilty. The rigid 4-4-1-1 is both easier to play and easier to counteract.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
I am not sure about Sanders but wouldnt include Gyokeres as he has had some chance and IMHO shown that he isnt ready yet for the first team

Wow. If I remember rightly in his first match he had about 10 minutes and impressed. In his second match he had about 70 mins and didn't impress or really let us down but 'he isn't ready for the first team'. Surely these cup games are where we give fringe players some minutes to get over stage fright. May I also respectfully suggest that the coaches might know more than you.

Personally I hope we get a chance to see both of them for a meaningful amount of minutes. It would be nice to have one of the youngsters step up.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
David Robert Edmund Button

Bruno Saltor Grau
Shane Patrick Michael Duffy
Daniel Johnson Burn
Thomas Gaëtan Bong

Anthony Patrick Knockaert
Beram Kayal
Yves Bissouma
علیرضا جهانبخش

Jürgen Leonardo Locadia
Viktor Einar Gyökeres

I worked fookin hard on this team selection..

For what?

NOTHING

You're all the scum of the earth.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here