Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season ticket renewal prices...?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
So if I'm sitting in a seat in W1B I pay £760 ... but if I'm sitting in the same seat opposite in E1G I'm paying £570, is that correct? Is it that s**t over there?

In W1B you could be paying £120 more than the person sat next to you.........

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
What, those non league teams recently in the PL with a spanking new stadium and expensive players. Clubs realise they need to be less dependent on one source of revenue (TV) and a generous owner.

You reckon we'll have expensive players when we're in the Championship? Ok then!

Yes we have a fabulous stadium, but increasing season ticket prices when all other costs are going DOWN is mindless.

I suspect if we were to be relegated, or on the cusp of, the club will re-evaluate prices.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
You reckon we'll have expensive players when we're in the Championship? Ok then!

Yes we have a fabulous stadium, but increasing season ticket prices when all other costs are going DOWN is mindless.

I suspect if we were to be relegated, or on the cusp of, the club will re-evaluate prices.

You continue to ignore our dependence on TV income and TB. As a viable business the club needs to ensure revenues exceed income in a sustainable manner.

With regards to reviewing ST prices following relegation would you see the cost going down (inferior product) or up (more matches).? I suspect prices would stay the same.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

They will still rise by the same amount if we go down. Due to reduced TV income, and they can argue more home matches for the price.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

What's going down? Beer, food, train deal, energy, waste, wages, insurance, printing,....do tell what costs are going DOWN?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
You continue to ignore our dependence on TV income and TB. As a viable business the club needs to ensure revenues exceed income in a sustainable manner.

With regards to reviewing ST prices following relegation would you see the cost going down (inferior product) or up (more matches).? I suspect prices would stay the same.

You could have made that argument for any of the last 10 seasons. I realise the club are dependent on TV money, but pricing fans out of the game is not the answer.

Let's imagine that £535 for the North Stand increases by 5% for the next 5 seasons. Would you be happy paying £680 for a season ticket at ANY level? I can't imagine TOO many fans would be.

Just IMO.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
What's going down? Beer, food, train deal, energy, waste, wages, insurance, printing,....do tell what costs are going DOWN?

If we were to be relegated?

Let's start with transfer fees and wages. Can imagine that would shave 25-30% off our total expenditure for a start. Several items on your list have absolutely nothing to do with season ticket prices. If the price of BEER is going up, increase the price of BEER.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
But it still irks that they see fit to raise prices, when they're getting the enormous financial doping of TV money. Gate receipts are such a minor part of the budget all the while we're on this gravy train, they could at least have frozen the prices, it would have had no discernable impact on the clubs cashflow.

This is true and don’t forget the extra revenue they raise in the 2nd hand bottle top market.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
You could have made that argument for any of the last 10 seasons. I realise the club are dependent on TV money, but pricing fans out of the game is not the answer.

Let's imagine that £535 for the North Stand increases by 5% for the next 5 seasons. Would you be happy paying £680 for a season ticket at ANY level? I can't imagine TOO many fans would be.

Just IMO.

We have a ST waiting list of thousands waiting to step in if fans don’t renew. The cost of a pint of beer per month increase is unlikely to put many fans off.

Clearly if we are relegated we may have fewer “fans” demanding STs

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If we were to be relegated?

Let's start with transfer fees and wages. Can imagine that would shave 25-30% off our total expenditure for a start. Several items on your list have absolutely nothing to do with season ticket prices. If the price of BEER is going up, increase the price of BEER.

Weren't we losing £10m per year in the Championship?

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
We have a ST waiting list of thousands waiting to step in if fans don’t renew. The cost of a pint of beer per month increase is unlikely to put many fans off.

Clearly if we are relegated we may have fewer “fans” demanding STs

Waiting list will disappear over night if we go down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Weren't we losing £10m per year in the Championship?

We're losing money so we're going to increase prices by 5%. Sounds like a great business model. I can't see any downsides to that.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
We're losing money so we're going to increase prices by 5%. Sounds like a great business model. I can't see any downsides to that.

We were losing money in the.Championship. We made a profit in the PL.

When demand exceeds supply prices tend to rise.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

You're argument isn't really against the club, its against football. The club are simply operating within a marketplace for players, and as such have a wage ceiling and structure that already puts them at a disadvantage in the transfer market. They have an ST waiting list into the thousands, and have sold out pretty much every PL game. Their rise is no different to rail prices or other real life increase.

But, I agree with you, football costs are obscene, ticket prices are expensive, and it is increasingly pricing a demographic of people that were the reason football even exists as a professional sport. No club can make a lone stance though.

What I would say, and it is always forgotten, my £570 season ticket saves me £100 in travel, so £470 / 19 = £24.70 per game. About the same price as a small gig, theatre production, decent meal etc.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What I would say, and it is always forgotten, my £570 season ticket saves me £100 in travel, so £470 / 19 = £24.70 per game. About the same price as a small gig, theatre production, decent meal etc.

I think the only place it is forgotten is those annual football price surveys, where the Albion's gross season ticket price is compared with other clubs. It's not like-for-like due to the included travel.

Amongst Albion fans or at least most of those on here, it it often acknowledged. The inclusive travel, saving those of us in Worthing in excess of £125 per season, and the interest-free direct debit payment plan makes a season ticket affordable to many who would otherwise be unable or unwilling to buy one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here