Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
When Pele retired he became the face of erectile dysfunction, is Mr Tumble lining himself up to be the face of Durex. I can see the advert now -

Mr Tumble is strutting his stuff at a disco when a girl bumps into him, after picking himself up from the floor he rushes over to the bouncer at the door screaming "I need protection" to which the bounder hands him a pack of durex. "Here you go sir, use it wisely" say the bouncer as he points him back to the girl. Wide-eyed, Mr Tumble, starts clapping to the music as he heads back onto the dance floor, the pack of durex clasped in his hand. Unfortunately the girl turns out to be the disco managers daughter, so Mr Tumble gets kicked out.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
_105553963_zaharedcard_getty.jpg

Apparently he's claiming that he was applauding James Ward-Prowse for getting him sent off, not the ref. Looks like he's looking at the ref to me. Worth a go though, I suppose.

This still makes that excuse look the remotest possibility. If you watch the incident again and see the true perspective of where each person is, JWP is actually all but behind Zaha, as he stares directly at the ref, whilst continuing his sarcastic clapping.

If they do appeal / have appealed this at all (purely in order to chose which game he misses) then if the FA had any bolls at all, that impose further sanction for completely taking the piss.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That is so poor from the FA to have dealt with it in such a way as to make this possible - that Palace basically get to choose which game he misses. The incident happened 8 or 9 days ago. The hearing should have been held early enough so that any appeal could also have been convened prior to this next game. Cynical from Palace and incompetence from the FA.

That said, if they lose to WHU with Mr Tumble playing, and then get knocked out by Donny, with him missing, that would be most satisfying

We could possibly end up doing it with Florin to make him available for the FA Cup match v Derby and then start his inevitable suspension afterwards......?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We could possibly end up doing it with Florin to make him available for the FA Cup match v Derby and then start his inevitable suspension afterwards......?

We'd need to be able to delay it for over a week, for that to be possible!

It looks like: Accept the charge and miss Burnley / FLD / Leicester, or appeal late today, and miss FLD / Leicester / Huddersfield.

Given that the biggest worry is not having him about in the event of an injury to Murray (and we know Murray is fit for tomorrow) it looks best to get the ban out of the way as quick as possible. Delaying it so he can sit on the bench tomorrow, in order to not have him available for Hudds - and then finding Murray was injured - would be a bit daft.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

It looks like: Accept the charge and miss Burnley / FLD / Leicester, or appeal late today, and miss FLD / Leicester / Huddersfield.

Given that the biggest worry is not having him about in the event of an injury to Murray (and we know Murray is fit for tomorrow) it looks best to get the ban out of the way as quick as possible. Delaying it so he can sit on the bench tomorrow, in order to not have him available for Hudds - and then finding Murray was injured - would be a bit daft.

This. Also possible they could extend the ban for frivolous appeal.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Agreed

This. Also possible they could extend the ban for frivolous appeal.

Unlikely I would think.......but being a small club, could happen

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
When Pele retired he became the face of erectile dysfunction, is Mr Tumble lining himself up to be the face of Durex. I can see the advert now -

Mr Tumble is strutting his stuff at a disco when a girl bumps into him, after picking himself up from the floor he rushes over to the bouncer at the door screaming "I need protection" to which the bounder hands him a pack of durex. "Here you go sir, use it wisely" say the bouncer as he points him back to the girl. Wide-eyed, Mr Tumble, starts clapping to the music as he heads back onto the dance floor, the pack of durex clasped in his hand. Unfortunately the girl turns out to be the disco managers daughter, so Mr Tumble gets kicked in.

Not bad, but the last word needed correcting.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
But it is so perfect that's Palace's hero is such an insufferable gimp to everyone else.

I know it’s mean spirited of me but I must admit to a satanic chuckle whenever the subject of Wilf and his various disciplinary doings and weekly bleating on Social media etc is vaunted on talkshit. Even Motson can barely conceal his contempt for the Dulwich UBoat. Every sentence balanced...as it is...with “he’s a skilful player and Southampton we’re kicking seven shades of shit out of him all match but....”

Chortle.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast

Mr Tumble is strutting his stuff at a disco when a girl bumps into him, after picking himself up from the floor he rushes over to the bouncer at the door screaming "I need protection" to which the bounder hands him a pack of durex. "Here you go sir, use it wisely" say the bouncer as he points him back to the girl. Wide-eyed, Mr Tumble, starts clapping to the music as he heads back onto the dance floor, the pack of durex clasped in his hand. Unfortunately the girl turns out to be the disco managers daughter, so Mr Tumble gets kicked out.

Not bad, but the last word needed correcting.

Actually, I reckon it’s simply a case of the missing prepenultimate and anteprepenultimate words: “his head”

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Think I'll start one of those online fund raising things. I reckon we could get the 10k to see him ok.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
He scored a goal. You lot must be so proud. Has he caught up with Duffy yet?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Players in the best team outside the top 6 doing nothing to dispel the 'one man team' label.

Dibley's going wide shot is deflected in to secure a point.

Chortle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here