Murray - 6
Locadia - 7

Subs:
Andone - 7

Also worth noting I thought Dale Stephens had his best game for us for weeks

This ^^^^^

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Another game of two halves. On Tuesday we were great in the first half and horrible in the second. Today we were poor in the first half and pretty good in the second. Maybe we can soon string together two halves of good football?

Ryan 6. Not a lot to do.
Montoya 7. A decent game. He keeps improving.
Duffy 7.
Dunk 7.
Bong 7. A good game from him.
Bissouma 6. Not as influential as previous games, but decent enough.
Gross 6. Some lovely touches, but overall not as good as when playing the number 10 role.
Propper 8. What a classy footballer.
March 8. Best game for a while. Regularly beat the full back and defended well when needed. Exciting to watch. MOM.
Locadia 7. Needs to improve his shooting, but some impressive touches down the left touchline in the second half. Developing into a key member of the squad.
Murray 6. Not his best game.

Subs:
Andone 6.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Dishing out 9’s :mad: :lol: :facepalm: we were the better of the two teams but couldn’t break down probably the worst team to come to the Amex in the premiership (not saying they are the worst team as they owned us opening day).

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sorry if I’m missing something, but that comes across as if it’s a revelation to them? They’ve been working on the wingers attacking the full backs, at pace, because they don’t like it? What next, Dunk and Duffy to start practicing tackling as strikers don’t like it?

Please ask Chris Hughton.

Only relaying what Solly said. Until now defensive solidity was paramount (in partnership with their fullbacks, nullifying the threat of opposing widemen/fullbacks).

As laymen, that’s been obvious since day 1 in the PL, and something some fans choose to slag CH off about.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ryan - 6
Montoya - 6
Bong - 8
Duffy - 7
Dunk - 7
Propper - 9
Stephens - 3
Gross - 6
March - 7
Murray - 6
Locadia - 7

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Ryan 6 - Not much to do, kicking a massive improvement
Montoya 7 - Very good going both directions
Duffy 7 - Coped with Deenny
Dunk 8 - I thought he was outstanding
Bong 8 - Where has that performance been hiding?
Bissouma 7 - Some good some bad, love his energy, he’s positive....and not a crab.
Propper 9 - Superb player, quality performance today.
Gross 6 - He’s a number 10, this formation is not helping him. Some fantastic deliveries and some poor. Got better 2nd half.
March 8 - That run at the end of the 1st half seemed to boost him, superb 2nd half, best cross of the game on about 55 mins with Murray too slow to get on the end of it.
Murray 5 - Not a threat today. He’s the best finisher at the club, but he relies totally on service, movement is predicatable and slow, a real quandary for CH.
Locadia 7 - Would have been a 6 but 2nd half he started growing in confidence. Very unlucky with 2nd half header.

Andone 7 - I thought he changed the game, his non stop movement creates space for others and he’s a proper out ball for us. Why 70 mins to bring him on?

CH 6 - One change? Should have put Andone on at least 10 mins earlier.

stingray

Jan 23, 2018
Ryan - 7

Montoya - 6
Duffy - 7
Dunk - 8
Bong - 4

Propper - 7
Bissouma - 5
Gross - 7

March - 7
Murray - 5
Locadia - 5

Subs:
Andone - 7

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Ryan 7
Montoya 6
Duffy 6
Dunk 7
Bong 7
Groß 7
Bissouma 6
Pröpper 7 MOM
March 7
Murray 6 (Andone 72min, 7)
Locadia 7

Yet another drab home game where we should have secured all three points. :glare:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
A few highlights

Dunk on the ground defending a ball under his body with everything he even stuck his head on the ball with boots flying around!

March MOM for all his hard work deserved somthing, one cross in particular low hard right where a centre forward would want it Murray sadly got himself the wrong side of the defender.

Two great headers from Locardia matched but two great saves from Foster, cannot see Locardia starting once we get our wingers back I really would like to see what he could do as a number 10 with Andone playing off him.

Special mention to Bossoma who had an incredibly late call to start but just slotted in and toned down his enthusiasm as he has a tendency to over do it occasionally but yesterday he showed a bit more control I think next season assuming we stay up he will a regular starter.

Back four looked much improved helped in part by Watfords very narrow set up which enabled Montoya and Bong in particular to get forward which I turn enabled March and Locardia to take up more advance positions than of late, this did change late on once they brought on a second striker but our defence was up to the challenge

Propper is consistently playing very well and appears to have grown in stature I am sure he taller.

Ryan had little to do but that makes what he did do even more impressive keeping concentration during long periods

Andone I think he needs to play off somone if you look at his stats he has never been prolific but always willing and gets himself in good positions.

All in all much improved second half while not reaching any dizzy heights of enterainment it stopped what could have been a bin fest had we lost and it's another point towards safety,

Watford were very good at the back but did not show much going forward well not until they brought on the second striker they had a lot of the ball we had a lot of chances we move on

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Everyone should be 5 or under

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
By my reckoning, across NSC only 4 players aren't being singled out for praise.

Ryan - The 4 in front are, so had nothing to do.
Bissouma
Groß
&
Murrayoffside.

I think the critisim of Groß is unfair but that does leave an obvious question:-

'How the feck didn't they win?'

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
By my reckoning, across NSC only 4 players aren't being singled out for praise.

Ryan - The 4 in front are, so had nothing to do.
Bissouma
Groß
&
Murrayoffside.

I think the critisim of Groß is unfair but that does leave an obvious question:-

'How the feck didn't they win?'

Answer, in two parts:

A) Who’s our most prolific goal scorer by far this season?

B) is that individual being singled out for praise?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Disagree. We outplayed the team in 8th (who have one of the best away records in the division), with 20-odd shots to 5, and they threatened nothing. Without a MOTM performance from Foster we’d have coasted that.

Agree.

Propper and March were excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Ryan 6 - nothing to do really
Montoya 7 - perfectly decent defensively and he’s finally looking more capable offensively
Duffy 7 - solid
Dunk 7 - also solid
Bong 6 - decent defensively, but a tactical issue offensively. The quicker Bernardo is back the better
March 8.5 - very good going both ways
Gross 7 - created chances, but his mobility is still an issue in this position
Propper 8 - dictated the game
Bissouma 6.5 - the weakest game I’ve seen him have in a while but still more effective in this formation that Stephens
Locadia 7 - some excellent moments offensively in tandem with Gross, good defensively, but lacked a killer instinct
Murray 5 - the poorest of the bunch by some distance and the tactical implications of him continuing to start are becoming so apparent

Subs
Andone 7 - should’ve scored after a good through ball from March, but otherwise terrorised them. How he’s not starting every game is beyond me as we’re a better, more balanced team when he plays

Unfortunately, it was just one of those days at the office. Maybe CH could’ve made other changes but overall we dictated this game and would’ve won 2/3-0 on another day.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here