Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think I’ll hold My nerve for now,if We don’t it would have been the biggest betrayal in history, I suppose I could always say I lived through the overthrowing of Parliament

On our way.
The be all and end all is not to have left by March 29th, come what may. If there is no deal, it is in everyone's interest to delay things by a few weeks so that the country can more adequately prepare for the inevitable short term disruption. And no deal is where we are heading, unfortunately, because the Conservatives have shamefully made an absolute mess of things. That is neither pro or anti-Brexit, that is just a matter of common sense.

By the way, I have no issue with you holding a pro-Brexit opinion, but you read like a complete cretin now with these posts. What is the point of this gloating bollocks and what is the point of your tedious posturing with rubbish like betrayal and overthrowing of parliament?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The over throwing of our sovereign democracy, to win back our sovereignty. Brilliant.

Moggs position was better, when it looked like MP's might take control, he wanted the Sovereign to refuse to give assent to Parliaments decisions, thereby taking Sovereignty away from Parliament because he thinks that Parliament should not be Sovereign, just the Government, but hates the deal Government proposes because it doesn't give Parliament full Sovereignty.
And I get called an undemocratic loon if I suggest a referendum on the deal.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Who said I was in Italy idiot. The reason I posted this is to highlight that although we are constantly being told that we are heading for oblivion all in the eu isn't hunky dory is it?

So that is why you post about something happening in Italy, which we aren't part of, and something happening in the Eurozone, which we aren't part of. I get it now. If you find a link about the all Irish Hurling League, fascinating though it may be, I wouldn't bother posting it, because we are not in that either :shrug:

:lolol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Who said I was in Italy idiot. The reason I posted this is to highlight that although we are constantly being told that we are heading for oblivion all in the eu isn't hunky dory is it?
I think his point was that your link was barely relevant because we're not in the Eurozone. I must admit, I used to think joining the Euro might be a good idea, but I'm very glad we didn't and can see now why it wouldn't have worked for us from a fiscal point of view.

If people are saying we are heading to oblivion because we are pulling out of the EU, you need to give us reasons why that isn't the case. Posting articles about another European economy doesn't really prove anything (and Italy is trapped in the Eurozone so has limited control of money supply and so on), otherwise I may as well find an article showing how Ireland has become more and more wealthy since 1974, or how various other EU nations have benefited.

Last edited:

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
You're a very obtuse person aren't you watford. I'm fully aware we aren't in the Eurozone. For which I'm glad. I have a feeling you know exactly what I'm getting at but being you you are ignoring it.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
This seems as good a summary on where we are now as anything;

[TWEET]1091263622616096769[/TWEET]
[TWEET]1091264427263963137[/TWEET]
[TWEET]1091265167156019201[/TWEET]
[TWEET]1091265958507958278[/TWEET]
[TWEET]1091266868680290304[/TWEET]
[TWEET]1091268111561646081[/TWEET]

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

No one is suggesting that there are no issues with the EU and it is Utopia, just that it is better to be in it than not, and that leaving without a deal on 29th March is a really stupid thing to do, like stepping out today in just your underwear, we will be desperate to get back in pretty quick, and look bloody stupid whilst we are out.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I think I’ll hold My nerve for now,if We don’t it would have been the biggest betrayal in history, I suppose I could always say I lived through the overthrowing of Parliament

On our way.

What an odd reaction. If you want to leave surely you want to leave in such a way that the "risk" as you see it of the UK turning back and rejoining in short order is minimised? Which means, even if you want No Deal, an extension to get everything passed through Parliament and ready for it to happen. The UK right now could not cope. By the end of March there is no further reason to expect it could cope.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You're a very obtuse person aren't you watford. I'm fully aware we aren't in the Eurozone. For which I'm glad. I have a feeling you know exactly what I'm getting at but being you you are ignoring it.

What were you getting at? I can't work out what you mean either. :shrug:

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
The be all and end all is not to have left by March 29th, come what may. If there is no deal, it is in everyone's interest to delay things by a few weeks so that the country can more adequately prepare for the inevitable short term disruption. And no deal is where we are heading, unfortunately, because the Conservatives have shamefully made an absolute mess of things. That is neither pro or anti-Brexit, that is just a matter of common sense.

By the way, I have no issue with you holding a pro-Brexit opinion, but you read like a complete cretin now with these posts. What is the point of this gloating bollocks and what is the point of your tedious posturing with rubbish like betrayal and overthrowing of parliament?

I’m so glad you have no issues with me wanting to leave the corrupt EU.If you were to have I would probably feel intimidated into changing My views.
I’m not gloating, just pointing out that we are...

On our way.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Mmm, all that yummy chlorinated chicken and hormone-infused beef...

[TWEET]1091059316596051968[/TWEET]

Thank goodness we're on our way out of all those cumbersome food standards regulations and stuff.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I think his point was that your link was barely relevant because we're not in the Eurozone. I must admit, I used to think joining the Euro might be a good idea, but I'm very glad we didn't and can see now why it wouldn't have worked for us from a fiscal point of view.

If people are saying we are heading to oblivion because we are pulling out of the EU, you need to give us reasons why that isn't the case. Posting articles about another European economy doesn't really going to prove anything (and Italy is trapped in the Eurozone so has limited control of money supply and so on), otherwise I may as well find an article showing how Ireland has become more and more wealthy since 1974, or how various other EU nations have benefited.

Fully agree with you about the Euro. That was a wise decision. Italy being trapped in the Eurozone as you put it isn't going to help their predicament. Surly being trapped in this is going to make sure they won't be able to help themselves improve. The whole of the Eurozone is languishing and Italy has the fourth highest debt in the world. Now I know this doesn't affect us as such but it must have a detrimental affect to the whole of union?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I’m so glad you have no issues with me wanting to leave the corrupt EU.If you were to have I would probably feel intimidated into changing My views.

On our way.
No you're not. You're insisting we leave on March 29th or it will be a betrayal. That bit is a crock of shit and we can only hope the country isn't held to random by this sort of cretinous drivel.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

On our way.

I think you are already gone mate.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

If you are trying to say that everything in the world isn't great and there are some bad things happening in other countries, then yes I understand what you are getting at. However, using examples of things of which Britain isn't part are completely irrelevant.

And, if you believe that these examples somehow justify Britain throwing itself of an economic cliff, I'm afraid that it is one of the most stupid arguments on this thread (and, trust me, that is some achievement)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Fully agree with you about the Euro. That was a wise decision. Italy being trapped in the Eurozone as you put it isn't going to help their predicament. Surly being trapped in this is going to make sure they won't be able to help themselves improve. The whole of the Eurozone is languishing and Italy has the fourth highest debt in the world. Now I know this doesn't affect us as such but it must have a detrimental affect to the whole of union?

The problem with the Eurozone is that has tried to cover too many differing economies, and even did so by bending the criteria for entry in the case of Greece and Portugal. Had it stuck with Benelux, Germany and France, I think it would be fine. I am not convinced Ireland will benefit from being inside the EZ in the long run because their economy is built on debt (mortgages) in the same way as ours is.- that isn't the case with other wealthy north and west European nations.

You are right in saying this does have a detrimental effect on the rest of the union, but more accurately it will have a detrimental effect on all trading partners regardless of whether they're in or out of the EU. If the Eurozone has caused Greece to be on its knees, it means they've got no money to spend - that has a detrimental effect on all of Greece's trading partners, not just those in the union.

So really what I want to know as someone who wants to stay in the EU, is what benefits we are going to see, and posting links to highlight the state of Italy just doesn't cut it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here