Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] **January Transfer Window 2019**

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Well presumably they have had him watched several times and done their due diligence, but l take your point, the opposition that he has come up against to date won't be anywhere near the same level that he will be facing week in week out in the Premier League.

Seems a bit desperate to me.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Barber on Talksport:

Won't be keeping Jim White up late tonight.

Couple of young players for the u23s we're hoping to sign today, but it's very quiet which I'm delighted about. Very happy with what we've got.

We like to do our business in the summer when we can negotiate the best deals. Prices inflated in January, so we avoid business in this window.

Now going on about the bans.

Sky Sources: #BHAFC make a double swoop for two youngsters:

Tudor Baluta (midfielder) from Viitorul Constanta.

Jan Mlakar (striker) from Maribor.

Just finalising details and medicals. Both unlikely to play in the PL this season but certainly ones for the future.
12:46 PM - Jan 31, 2019

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
How on earth can they blow 20 mill on a player from the MLS? They can't gauge any sort of quality.

For the sake of the Newcastle fans, who really have been made to wait for this, we sincerely hope Almiron proves to be an instant and sustained success.

However, it’s notable that the club also have a rich history of ploughing money into erratic, incompatible, fly-by-night South Americans – Facundo Ferreyra, Fumaca, Nacho Gonzalez, Daniel Cordone, Cacapa, Diego Gavilan, Christian Bassedas, Clarence Acuna.

As ever, only time will tell if the latest is truly up to snuff.

:lolol::lolol:

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/tran...miguel-almiron-from-atlanta-united-photo.html

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
For the sake of the Newcastle fans, who really have been made to wait for this, we sincerely hope Almiron proves to be an instant and sustained success.

However, it’s notable that the club also have a rich history of ploughing money into erratic, incompatible, fly-by-night South Americans – Facundo Ferreyra, Fumaca, Nacho Gonzalez, Daniel Cordone, Cacapa, Diego Gavilan, Christian Bassedas, Clarence Acuna.

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/tran...miguel-almiron-from-atlanta-united-photo.html

What an absolute shower of olive oil and sexy sexy movement. You missed out Carlos Kickaball. Scorchio!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

And don’t talk about Nobby Solano, Jonas Gutierrez and Fabricio Collocini. They couldn’t lace Hughie Gallacher’s boots.

D

Deleted member 2719

Why? the squad we have is plenty good enough to keep us up, and take us through to the end of the season in my opinion. In tgypical NSC fashion people are panicking over one bad 2nd hald performance at Fulham.

Any team strengthening can be done in the summer window when more players are available, and at more realistic prices. Making last minute panic signings to address the perceived problem, is precisely how not to do good business, and thankfully isn't ther way Albion do things.

In any case is it Paul Barber who makes that call? No it isn't, it's a matter for the Recruitment Team and Chairman..

I believe we are pushing the limits to their max by standing still in this transfer window. We stood still against Fulham for 45 mins and look how that turned out.
The problem is others will be busy strengthening and 7 points from relegation can change within a few weeks.
Surely Barber will be pulling Ashworth and Winstanley's strings.

This could be the most costly mistake since Mark Farrington wages.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I believe we are pushing the limits to their max by standing still in this transfer window. We stood still against Fulham for 45 mins and look how that turned out.
The problem is others will be busy strengthening and 7 points from relegation can change within a few weeks.
Surely Barber will be pulling Ashworth and Winstanley's strings.

This could be the most costly mistake since Mark Farrington wages.

So far, with 3 hours left,

Bournemouth have signed 3, Mepham, Solanke, and Clynne, for a grand total of 31 million.

Burnley have signed Peter Crouch.

Cardiff has signed Baccuna and Niasse

Palace have signed Perri and Sako

Fulham, Ryan Babel

Huddersfield, Grant, Brown and Puncheon

Newcastle, Almiron and Berreca

Southampton and West Ham have signed no one.

There are not many, if any on that list who could change the season of the clubs below us. Personally, I would be completely underwhelmed if we had spent good money on nearly all of them with the exception of Bournemouth’s business, but, I think they are overpriced.

Last edited:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

Bournemouth have signed 3, Mepham, Solanke, and Clynne, for a grand total of 31 million.

We're doomed

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX

Bournemouth are not going to be in the relegation scrap, not this season or next. They have recruited well albeit spending a wad of dosh but are slowly becoming a very stable mid table side. The difference between Bournemouth and us is currently widening but will their spending on fees and wages, which is more than likely far more than us, be sustainable in the event it all goes belly up?

D

Deleted member 2719

Fulham, Ryan Babel

Huddersfield, Grant, Brown and Puncheon

Newcastle, Almiron and Berreca

Southampton and West Ham have signed no one.

There are not many, if any on that list who could change the season of the clubs below us. Personally, I would be completely underwhelmed if we had spent good money on nearly all of them with the exception of Bournemouth’s business, but, I think they are overpriced.

Strength in depth can only help if you get dragged into the fight zone.

Who knows we may put a cheeky bid in for leon Best.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Strength in depth can only help if you get dragged into the fight zone.

Who knows we may put a cheeky bid in for leon Best.

Some of your recent posts have become somewhat bizarre. Not topical, not ironic, not funny, not clever. Are you alright? :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here