Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] It's time to start saying out loud what we all feel

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes, it's great, the formation changes during the game: we finally have some mobility in our shape and attacking. I love it!!

The jigsaw pieces are falling into place. Hughton can also afford to choose players who will perform best against opposition players, rather than picking the only player available to him, due to injuries or lack of experience.
Slowly but surely is a better way, rather than spend scores of millions, and then finding players who don't quite fit.

We've got West Ham away and then a cup match at Bournemouth, so most players will get their time on the pitch, before it calms down a bit.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The jigsaw pieces are falling into place. Hughton can also afford to choose players who will perform best against opposition players, rather than picking the only player available to him, due to injuries or lack of experience.
Slowly but surely is a better way, rather than spend scores of millions, and then finding players who don't quite fit.

We've got West Ham away and then a cup match at Bournemouth, so most players will get their time on the pitch, before it calms down a bit.

His best 11 would be very interesting to see.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Horses for courses, so it would still be a squad rather than a team.

This.

There is no such thing as a 'best' team when you have a decent squad and a thinking manager. Even the strange pirate-bearded manager at Wolves has now recognised that.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Just wait until Alireza is healthy. Combination of him, Locadia and Andone is going to be remembered by generations. Mark my words!

..and there's Percy Tau as well to come in.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Let's not get too complacent. Last season AFCB were in a significantly better position than we are now, but then embarked on a lean run which sped them towards the mire before recovering.

What? We have EIGHT more points than Bournemouth did after 20 games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire

You are right. CH can now afford to choose his horses for courses, and it is starting to show. It's exciting.

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
I’d go along with that. For me the upgrade of both full backs is the biggest factor, Bernardo and Montoya are comfortably Premier League players, as are Dunk and Duffy. March and Montoya have developed a nice partnership whilst Bernardo and Locadia seem to have an excellent understanding. Hughton clearly trusts his back 4 as we’re seeing more and more attacking emphasis from Propper and Stephens. We also seem to be demonstrating some real tenacity, we have some real battlers in our team and even March is starting to put himself about physically.
From front to back we have a very good team, and I think Hughton knows, and more importantly I think the players know it. I’m actually very excited about where this squad can go.

Add to this we now have more options in the way we play. Last season we were a little one dimensional with Murray leading the line and the pace and creativity from the wings. No issue with that we played to our strengths and we still have that option. We now have real pace up front in Andone and Locadia, different wing options and the strength at the back is allowing Propper to push on a bit more. We still have the togetherness and work ethic which the likes of Arsenal and Everton clearly don’t have which allows us to close off any gaps we may have technically. I’m optimistic we’ll get up to about 50 points. The gap to the bottom will give us the feeedom to go for games a bit more. Exciting times

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
This was always going to be a very difficult season for Brighton but you should pretty chuffed with mid table. Your boys play as a team and the dressing room seems a close knit place. Home form is superb and the crowd is worth a goal a game.

Well pleased for you....just not at the expense of WHU on Wednesday please otherwise I get all sorts of obscene voicemails from Jack Straw :eek: :lol:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Its work in progress.
We are clearly evolving as a side. The manager is learning as well. Sure, he has made some mistakes but he now has the framework to move forward. Our home ' run-in ' will ensure comfortable survival but we need to adopt a similar mentality away, as at home. Doesn't matter if we take a few poundings. Forget goal difference. Its wins that count. The caution has been justified getting us to where we are now but we are now stronger and we are now different. Its all about a change in balance now. Not throwing off the shackles but just a willingness to take a few more risks away from home.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I just love the way any remnents of fear factor appear to now be a thing of the past. More than holding our own against the likes of Man U and Arsenal, making players like, say, Ozil and Walcott look completely anonymous and keeping world class players like Eden Hazard more contained than many teams do. It all bodes very well for continuing progression, as the players and the manager grow more comfortable in their Albion PL skins. Loving it! :albion:

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
The "top 6" have been recognised and rooted in the PL for a few years now.
Is it at all possible for one of these to be replaced or a 7th club to join them?
I thought the season Leicester won the P/L that they may have broken into that select group but they have not sustained / maintained that level.
Could Brighton ever achieve that?

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I always try to be positive in my thoughts which isn't always easy following the Albion. However I genuinely believe that we are almost home and hosed and the bottom three is now out of site, some of the sides near the bottom will struggle to get out current points total and low Thirty Something (great album by Carter USM) points will be sufficient to stay up.

So while being positive I see no reason why we can't push on this season and cement a mid table finish. We have had a few games recently where we were unlucky not to pick up points with decent performances at Burnley and Bournemouth you could even argue we should have got something at Cardiff. So our away form while on paper isn't great the performances have been improved. And The Amex is becoming a fortress with few sides coming to us and picking up points.

The sooner we get to thirty points I think from then on we can play with more freedom and positivity and see what great talents we have in the likes of Propper and Bissouma.

Right, I've said it now, safe from relegation and a top half finish.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This was always going to be a very difficult season for Brighton but you should pretty chuffed with mid table. Your boys play as a team and the dressing room seems a close knit place. Home form is superb and the crowd is worth a goal a game.

Well pleased for you....just not at the expense of WHU on Wednesday please otherwise I get all sorts of obscene voicemails from Jack Straw :eek: :lol:

As an aside, it's a pleasure to have you posting on this board. :thumbsup:

Now I've got that out of my system, West Ham are for the taking, humbled by the 'true' Clarets today. What could POSSIBLY go wrong???

I'll get my secateurs, dibber and hoe :lolol::bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here