Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Conveyancing fees - Advice please

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Hi guys,
Many thanks for the info you supplied. NSC the gift that keeps on giving. I had to escalate this to the company's complaints department and finally today they have come back with a figure of £861.00 that we were overcharged! I am still waiting for an explanation as to why this happened but at least we got there with your help. Apologies if I have missed anyone. Thanks again.

I hope they add something as a gesture of goodwill for their “error”. It’s bordering on dishonesty and is almost inexcusable. They should have some quality control on their bills.

Do they ask for feedback on eg. Checkatrade? If so keep it factual

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I hope they add something as a gesture of goodwill for their “error”. It’s bordering on dishonesty and is almost inexcusable. They should have some quality control on their bills.

Do they ask for feedback on eg. Checkatrade? If so keep it factual

No on both counts. We're not really after anything extra just a simple explanation and apology. I left a review on Trustpilot at the start of May. They replied that they will investigate my complaint and and get back to me with their findings. As of today I have still not been contacted. Not going to hold my breath either.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Hi guys,
Many thanks for the info you supplied. NSC the gift that keeps on giving. I had to escalate this to the company's complaints department and finally today they have come back with a figure of £861.00 that we were overcharged! I am still waiting for an explanation as to why this happened but at least we got there with your help. Apologies if I have missed anyone. Thanks again.
Good news. I wonder how often they make this 'mistake'.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now

Indeed. They also done the conveyancing when we sold our property. I am off work tomorrow and I shall be digging into copious amounts of paperwork from the sale whilst watching the cricket. Let's see if I can uncover another accounting error.......

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun

It seems that "mistakes" in solicitors bills happen more often than they should.
I have just had an Invoice for conveyancing work, and amongst the items was a fee for work carried out in respect of Mortgage redemption. They were aware from the outset that I don't have a mortgage!
When I pointed out the "error" they were quick to remove it, but it shows how closely you have to scrutinise solicitors' bills.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
It seems that "mistakes" in solicitors bills happen more often than they should.
I have just had an Invoice for conveyancing work, and amongst the items was a fee for work carried out in respect of Mortgage redemption. They were aware from the outset that I don't have a mortgage!
When I pointed out the "error" they were quick to remove it, but it shows how closely you have to scrutinise solicitors' bills.

Billing errors are one of the most made complaints about solicitors, according to The Legal Ombudsman.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Or you could pray to Your Almighty the next time you get a solicitor billing that it would be accurate. Don't you believe that your god will help you?

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Hi guys,
It's shocking isn't it. Well done for getting it sorted. It just seems far too easy, and there seems to be no oversight of these crooks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here