Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leandro Trossard SIGNS ON A FOUR-YEAR DEAL

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If you speak to the club’s accountant he’ll tell you he will spread the fee over the length of the contract to amorticize it for FFP purposes. The only user on this site I’d expect to even consider that in debate is [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION]

In common debate the man on the street uses the headline figure I.e. “he’s not a £10 million player...”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might consider it, but I wouldn't say it!

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Sold by KRC Genk since 2011:

L. Trossard £18m
✅S. Milenkovic-Savic £16m
✅W. Ndidi £15m
✅L. Bailey £12m
✅A. Pozuelo £8.1m
✅C. Benteke £8m
✅O. Colley £7.2m
✅T. Courtois £7.1m
✅K. De Bruyne £7m
✅K. Koulibaly £6.8m
✅C. Kabasele £6m

A few names on there that have gone on to better themselves.........one though has seriously gone backwards. Do they have a caravan club over there?

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
x5yrly.png

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Here's the Sky story now written up on their site.
https://www.skysports.com/football/...-brighton-move-after-18m-fee-agreed-with-genk

Brighton have agreed a deal to sign Belgian winger Leandro Trossard from Genk for £18m, Sky Sports News understands.

Representatives of the player are in England to finalise the deal, which would represent a record transfer fee for the Seagulls, surpassing the £17m they paid for Alireza Jahanbakhsh last summer.

Trossard, 24, will become Graham Potter's second signing as Brighton manager after they finalised the transfer of centre-back Matt Clarke from League One side Portsmouth on Saturday.

genkfan

Jun 17, 2019
I've heard he can play Left wing, Attacking mid, and center forward. Any truth to this?

Left and right wing, attacking mid. Center forward was his position in youth divisions, but hasn't played there since (I think). He preferes the attacking mid, I think he's best from the left wing.

Kman

Mar 30, 2019
Left and right wing, attacking mid. Center forward was his position in youth divisions, but hasn't played there since (I think). He preferes the attacking mid, I think he's best from the left wing.

Thank you and welcome!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So we will have March, knocky, jahanbash, locadia all as wingers , or at least all those have been used as them...so now we are looking at another one. Also if Potter is looking to play 3 centrebacks and two win backs as fullbacks, that certainly is something different.

However if he is to be used as an attacking midfielder, then this is certainly great news.

Also very interesting that he must have turned arsenal down as there are also tweets earlier that they had offered €28million!

I have a feeling with what looks to be the setting up of this team, we are going to offer something big for a decent goal scorer...I wonder about Girout(sp) or someone of his ilk?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Sold by KRC Genk since 2011:

L. Trossard £18m
✅S. Milenkovic-Savic £16m
✅W. Ndidi £15m
✅L. Bailey £12m
✅A. Pozuelo £8.1m
✅C. Benteke £8m
✅O. Colley £7.2m
✅T. Courtois £7.1m
✅K. De Bruyne £7m
✅K. Koulibaly £6.8m
✅C. Kabasele £6m

A few names on there that have gone on to better themselves.........one though has seriously gone backwards. Do they have a caravan club over there?

Wow. That's some 'youth team CV'. Should stop all the cr@p about the quality of the Belge league on here (but it won't of course...).

What TB and PB hope to create with the DA appointment I would guess.

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
So we will have March, knocky, jahanbash, locadia all as wingers , or at least all those have been used as them...so now we are looking at another one. Also if Potter is looking to play 3 centrebacks and two win backs as fullbacks, that certainly is something different.

However if he is to be used as an attacking midfielder, then this is certainly great news.

Also very interesting that he must have turned arsenal down as there are also tweets earlier that they had offered €28million!

I have a feeling with what looks to be the setting up of this team, we are going to offer something big for a decent goal scorer...I wonder about Girout(sp) or someone of his ilk?

You can add Izquierdo to that list - albeit he won't be back in action until Christmas. This would be a fantastic signing if we can pull it off.

I think that both Trossard and Clarke will both be very good additions to the team and improve us. However, both Potter and Barber have said publicly that we wouldn't be making a large number of signings in this window. If they are to be believed, then the fact that we've prioritised the signing of a central defender and a winger is a little concerning. Most of us would agree that we are light/weak in the right back and striker positions (and possibly the central midfield too). I would be quite worried if we went into the season without reinforcements in those positions. Perhaps we'll be more active in the window than Barber and Potter originally suggested.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
You can add Izquierdo to that list - albeit he won't be back in action until Christmas. This would be a fantastic signing if we can pull it off.

I think that both Trossard and Clarke will both be very good additions to the team and improve us. However, both Potter and Barber have said publicly that we wouldn't be making a large number of signings in this window. If they are to be believed, then the fact that we've prioritised the signing of a central defender and a winger is a little concerning. Most of us would agree that we are light/weak in the right back and striker positions (and possibly the central midfield too). I would be quite worried if we went into the season without reinforcements in those positions. Perhaps we'll be more active in the window than Barber and Potter originally suggested.

Trossard can play as an ACM.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Presumably we promised him game time and Arsenal didn't.

Sorry to be a moan again but just because there were 3rd party tweets of an alleged Arsenal offer, doesn’t mean there was and certainly doesn’t mean he turned them down...

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
the fact that we've prioritised the signing of a central defender and a winger is a little concerning.

Just because these deals were first over the line doesn't mean they've been prioritised. Premier League quality strikers are hard to come by and you can't just sign one when as and when you please - have patience and faith! I'm sure there are plenty of people working behind the scenes to bring in the striker asap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here