Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] LEGOLAND Windsor - worth going?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
yes, though only on discount price and prepared for long queues.

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
We went a couple of weeks ago with my 3yr old daughter. She loved it and keeps talking about it.

We spent hours in queues which was shite and the food establishments are massively over priced and crap.

I actually think Butlins and Paultons is much better value and more manageable.

But I guess I will have to return at some point when my 9 week old boy grows up.

Doctor Crawley

Jun 5, 2012
Crawley
I love my kids to bits,but it was possibly the worst day I’ve had in my life.
Queues, spilt fizzy drinks and wasps a plenty.
Misery here couldn’t wait to get to the safety of the car.

I don’t know why,but other parks seemed so much more relaxed.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I love my kids to bits,but it was possibly the worst day I’ve had in my life.
Queues, spilt fizzy drinks and wasps a plenty.

Sounds like every match in the WSU since the bottle-top ban came into effect.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Have barely seen a positive review. By contrast Paultons Park ( including Peppa Pig World) which is not that far was excellent. The bonus was that we stayed in the lovely nearby New Forest.

If you can tolerate the long drive and we also liked Drayton Manor (Thomas Land).

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Yes for anyone up to about 8/9 years old so expect 8th BDay is a good age. Gets crazy busy in the holidays though. We used to go if the school had a random teacher training day that the majority of other schools didn't. About once a year and kids loved it. Adults can enjoy some parts too although older kids will likely be less enamoured.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It's been a few years since we tooks the kids and they got bored of waiting for the rides. For me the lego landscapes were more interesting. Even then the park was looking a bit tired. The original Legoland is far far better with few queues ..... only problem being you need to go to Denmark to visit it !

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Had an annual pass that ran out in mid June as my 8 year old daughter absolutely loves it. We went one more time in late May this year to get value out of it and it’s got a lot worse.

One big ride,Viking River, closed all day and therefore huge queues for everything else. At one point the Dragon rollercoaster also broke and the queues got even bigger. We had a fast pass for a ride from a previous visit and used that on the new Haunted House, which had a 90 min queue. Nothing is worth that wait, but even with the pass I was underwhelmed. Also they were staff training on the job (yes, on a busy Sunday) so the staff they did have getting people on rides were doing so very slowly. There’s no way I’d get another annual pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
I thought it was an awful place. Queued for hours and the rides that were working (2 broke down when we got to the front of the queue) were underwhelming to say the least.. as a result we probably got on 4 rides in a full day.
Overpriced and poorly organised. If I remember rightly they even stung you for the car park which felt like it was in a different county!

I’ve never ever left a response on Trip Advisor before or after but for this place I made an exception. Don’t do it!,

As someone else has suggested, Paultons Park much better.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
My family and I have been twice in the last two years with another family (critically, in the "off-season" right before half term), and although it's not perfect, the kids LOVED it. It's just a massive play park.

I think if you go to any of these places during HT or summer hold, it'll be absolutely ghastly.

SWL-Seagull

Jun 7, 2019
If you do decide to go make sure to get one of those 2 for the price of 1 vouchers off a packet of Rice Crispies - or similar. It’s a massive expense as it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Went today as it happens.

Arrived at 10.00 on the dot. First two rides no queues but within an hour queues were over an hour on everything.

Looks a bit tired in places but still quite enticing especially if your kids like Lego.

One thing that absolutely amazed me was the charge to park. Wtf? How else are you supposed to get there? Teleport?

21ee30ebfd7090eed8ec8c690e3c1447.jpg

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Arrived at 10.00 on the dot. First two rides no queues but within an hour queues were over an hour on everything.

Looks a bit tired in places but still quite enticing especially if your kids like Lego.

One thing that absolutely amazed me was the charge to park. Wtf? How else are you supposed to get there? Teleport?

21ee30ebfd7090eed8ec8c690e3c1447.jpg

On a school Friday?! :cry:

If you want a real thrill with queues.
Pay for fuel, then drive onto the M25 and queue for ever, it's great:shootself

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Our planned day to visit was Saturday 22nd. However, having read comments on here plus muliple terrible reviews on Trip Advisor we changed our plans and went to Drayton Manor instead. It is a slightly longer drive and a smaller park, but at least when we were there the children could pretty much get on and off what they wanted with minimal queuing.

The prospect of 1hr+ queue times on everything is simply horrific. :nono:

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
Went at the end of April with our boys (nearly 3 & 5), admittedly during term-time. The boys loved it, longest queue was probably 30 minutes or so. One ride closed.

For me, it was all a bit tired, (even though the Haunted house ride was new & only just opened), some of the models look past their best (the Star Wars exhibit looks very tired) and food & drink is over priced (like a lot of theme parks). As someone has already said, it jars a bit that you have to pay for parking when I suspect that 95% of people have to get there by car.

Paultons Park is a much superior offering imho, especially for children under 7/8, huge FREE car park, plenty to do, the queues on the feature rides don't seem to be that long & keep moving. As a bonus, the restaurant at the park entrance stay open for about an hour after the park closes allowing you time to get the children fed for the journey home. Cue full tummies & knackered kids that fall asleep before you hit the nearby M27!

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
The place is fooking awesome. Use your Tesco club card vouchers to pay for your day out or alternatively try and find half price vouchers otherwise it will cost a FORTUNE!

Here is my trip advisor review from May 2017.....

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowU...Windsor_and_Maidenhead_Berkshire_England.html

Great day but expensive... plan your day!
Review of LEGOLAND Windsor Resort
Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

My wife and I took my two boys, age 6 and 3 to Legoland yesterday and we had a fantastic time.

My tips for a stress free day are these....

Bring a pack lunch, the food is very, very expensive and predictably mainly junk food. We brought a packed lunch and our own flask, I remembered from last visit that coffee was £3.50 a cup. We had our pack lunch at the pirate play park and there are plenty of nice spots for a picnic.

If you don't want to lug your bags around there are swimming pool style lockers available for a pound a go so you can drop your bags there and head back when you need them. There ate some just after the entrance to store any emergency bits like change of clothes, jackets etc. The pound is unsurprisingly non refundable.

Pay extra for Qbot. It's £20 per person but it takes the a large slice of stress out of the day. Standing in a que for up to 45 mins with a 3 and 6 year old simply is not my idea of fun so we forked out for the standard Qbot. We got on all the rides we wanted and spent hardly any time In any que. You still have to wait for the rides but by the time you walk to the ride or have gone on something that has a smaller que the wait soon flies by.

GET THERE EARLY!!! We arrived at 9.20am, parked up and went into the park. You can't get to the rides till 10am but we got through the gate, security, ticket check and picked up Qbot then wondered around the mini lego village with the kids before the gates opened. We live almost 2 hours away so it was an early start for us all but trust me, it makes the start of the day much easier.

Head to the back of the park first and go on popular rides eacly as everyone seems to just que for the first rides they come to. When we got in we went to the rides at the back of the park, Coast Guard HQ, Atlantis, Squid Racer. None had any lines at all before 10am we actually went on the squid racer twice with no queuing at all. We then went to the pirate area and again hardly any ques until after 10.30am. After that the Qbot becomes your best friend.

Download the Legoland app and spend some time getting to know where things are before you go. Plan ahead and your day will run smoothly. This was my second visit and knowledge of the park is essential to get the most out of your day. The app also shows estimated queuing times and a useful interactive map. It will show your location if you get lost. It's not perfect by amy means but it can be helpful.

Make sure your youngest child that will want to go on any rides is at least 1 meter tall before you visit. That is the magic height to get on the best rides. Our youngest was just over one meter tall thankfully, otherwise it could have been an awful experience, consoling a tearful youngster that can't go on any good rides that his older siblings can. They will still need to ride with an adult at that height.

Please, please try and keep your cool with the kids. There did seem a lot of very stressed parents shouting at their kids. I am as guiltily of this as the next parent. My boys can be a nightmare at times on days out but because we had planned the day ahead of time we remained relatively stress free. If you feel calm and have a plan it will help them feel calm and hopefully good behaviour will follow .

Have a good chat with the kids about sticking close to you and my advice is dont fill them with too much sugar. Sugar crashes can be a serious issue and there is plenty to stimulate their senses without the additional sugar highs and lows brought on by excess fizzy drinks etc.

Another huge tip is always bring spare cloths for the little one as there are lots of opportunities to get wet on some rides and in splash park. Also our youngest son, that is a long time toilet trained had an accident because he was distracted by all the that was going on. We were taken by surprise at this but had packed spare cloths so another potential stressful situation wad avoided. If you have room for wet wipes then bring them.

Over all it costs a fortune, at every turn there is opportunity to spend more on food, merchandise etc but the look on my boys faces throughout the day was worth every penny. The joy the kids experienced made the fact we will have to eat beans on toast for the next month easier to handle.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I’ll raise you one...

Mrs P’s left me. Said all I do is go on about football. Gutted because we’ve been together for 19 seasons.

Yeah, well my wife left me because I kept quoting lyrics from Sinead O’Connor songs.

It's been seven hours and fifteen days.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here