NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I would be more suspicious re the comments coming out of Romania if he wasn't contracted to us and unlikely to leave for a fee. The fact that a near genius player (Hagi), is making these claims makes me think we may have (at last) potentially struck gold. If he produces vs England, well all bets are off as I suspect he'll be given his chance in pre-season - why wouldn't he be?!? No need to panic really, but from what I've seen and read he has something for sure, and not just hype. He looks full of confidence, belief and moreover seems to be physically ready for the PL. Here's hoping he does well in the rest of the tournament, stays fit and blows GP away in pre-season.

Time to stay calm and wait it out, everything else is just speculation and second guessing. The time for reading tea leaves has not come, lets see what reality produces during the England match.

Exciting prospect and times nonetheless.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
And ? Presumably they weighed it up and decided no - either because it was not possible or because they had another player incoming or because another years loan was the best option Not sure what your point is.
My point is that they were spinning a line about Mac Allister - because he hasn't got the paperwork so could never have come here anyway.

This seems like pretty much the same text ( of course no permit needed ) - before another loan out.

Hence my feeling of deja vu.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
In the Argus today, Brian Owen reports that what happens now for Baluta and Jan Mlakar "..is being discussed by top men at Albion." (which seems a somewhat bizarre way to put it, but there we are).

Gheorghe Hagi believes Baluta is a "genius" and said after the win over Croatia "Baluta was fantastic, it was brilliant. I said he was more complete than Gica Popescu." Steaua Bucharest owner Gigi Becali said "I can't forgive myself for not buying Baluta before Brighton did. He'll be worth 200 million euros."

Oh, and apparently he is "..reported to be of interest to Udinese and Watford." :shrug:

Good old Gigi Bacali, he is definitely not prone to hyperbole! That said it does look like we have picked up a very good prospect.

Last edited:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
A manager of a big club in Steaua believes he might be a 200 million Euro player.

Crazy owner of Steaua Bucharest, if you have a bit of time on your hands going down a Gigi Bacali internet search rabbit hole is very entertaining. Here is something to get you started https://www.independent.co.uk/topic/gigi-becali

Taking what Bacali says seriously is probably not the wisest move.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I would be more suspicious re the comments coming out of Romania if he wasn't contracted to us and unlikely to leave for a fee. The fact that a near genius player (Hagi), is making these claims makes me think we may have (at last) potentially struck gold. If he produces vs England, well all bets are off as I suspect he'll be given his chance in pre-season - why wouldn't he be?!? No need to panic really, but from what I've seen and read he has something for sure, and not just hype. He looks full of confidence, belief and moreover seems to be physically ready for the PL. Here's hoping he does well in the rest of the tournament, stays fit and blows GP away in pre-season.

Time to stay calm and wait it out, everything else is just speculation and second guessing. The time for reading tea leaves has not come, lets see what reality produces during the England match.

Exciting prospect and times nonetheless.

Tudor has come through Hagi's academy.
Is/was playing for Hagi's academy feeder club.
With Hagi's son.

Some might see that as having a vested interest in Baluta. :lol:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'd rather not be stationed in a dour reality in this pre-pre-season period. For such reasons this lad may be the rough around the edges answer to our woes and the first sprinkle of a somewhat antidote to our slightly archaic ways. I long for the thrill we had at watching us grow, and i would think a change in direction, with youthful endeavour somewhere near the forefront, can bring that about.

I'm mostly for a reworking of My Name is Tallulah, for his chant.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I take it Baluta hasn't been given a squad number yet?

What are the chances he's attached to the number 99 he was wearing for his last club?

#Team99.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
In the Argus today, Brian Owen reports that what happens now for Baluta and Jan Mlakar "..is being discussed by top men at Albion." (which seems a somewhat bizarre way to put it, but there we are).

Gheorghe Hagi believes Baluta is a "genius" and said after the win over Croatia "Baluta was fantastic, it was brilliant. I said he was more complete than Gica Popescu." Steaua Bucharest owner Gigi Becali said "I can't forgive myself for not buying Baluta before Brighton did. He'll be worth 200 million euros."

Oh, and apparently he is "..reported to be of interest to Udinese and Watford." :shrug:

Yes, so just ****ing well get him in OUR squad... sick and tired of OUR players, not being included in OUR squad... if they're good enough, get them in OUR first team squad, I don't care if they're young... it is a no-brainer decision... Chris never learnt this, I really hope GP is more amenable to the idea...

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I take it Baluta hasn't been given a squad number yet?

What are the chances he's attached to the number 99 he was wearing for his last club?

#Team99.

Do U23 players need to be given a squad number? I thought they were 'freebies' in terms of the tally?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Do U23 players need to be given a squad number? I thought they were 'freebies' in terms of the tally?
Yes - all players have a squad number.

Also, U21s do not need to be nominated in the 25 man squad. U22s and U23s do need to be included in the named 25.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

They are, but still need a number...

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Yes - all players have a squad number.

Also, U21s do not need to be nominated in the 25 man squad. U22s and U23s do need to be included in the named 25.

They are, but still need a number...

Thank you both.

My view is that Potter will want the chance to integrate the best of the youngsters into the team, and that's not going to happen with them on loan somewhere.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yes, so just ****ing well get him in OUR squad... sick and tired of OUR players, not being included in OUR squad... if they're good enough, get them in OUR first team squad, I don't care if they're young... it is a no-brainer decision... Chris never learnt this, I really hope GP is more amenable to the idea...

Perhaps Chris felt (justifiably) in the main, that they weren’t better than the person in possession of the shirt.

That said I’ve always said we should have a couple on the bench every game.

Otherwise ‘yes’, surely we need to rethink some of the multiple loans, when we our own team could be struggling.

Why are we signing a L1 CB when we have Ben White?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here