Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Love Island 2019 - official NSC thread

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Come on now Harty, play fair. Surely viewers of this show have got a right to their individual opinions on what they're watching. Granted, it may not fit in with your narrative but that's the way these shows work.

Yes quite. I don't agree with all of what [MENTION=28772]ChickenBaltiPie[/MENTION] said there but in signing up for a show like this you're entering into a faustian arrangement, one cost of which is that you will be judged by viewers (after having been refracted through editing and producers' narratives.)

As they say on the show - "it is what it is"

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I can’t help but think that last night’s episode was ridiculously unfair, or is it just me? Potty mouthed Maura and the freighter that is Anna get a reprieve, whilst two from Lucie, Joe, Anton and Alma, who were all in all legitimate couples get the boot! Wtf! Sorry, but no, how is it fair that tugboat (Anna) gets a free pass purely because none of the chaps wanted to be with her.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I’d imagine characters like Chris and Kem are living a fairly comfortable life now.

I don’t know who they are but they’ll likely just be turning up at events for the free food and bubbly. Maybe the odd payday for Through the keyhole or a club night.
But I don’t have a Scooby who they are so maybe they are earning millions. I suppose some do.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Of course it doesn’t.

(All depending on popularity/notoriety/gender/fitness etc)

£2k - £10k per sponsored Insta post
£4k per appearance - public
£3k per appearance - corporate
Clothing brand tie in for anyone who made a mark on the show is worth over £100k
Plus 50 quid to go on whatever show Keith Lemon is recording on your night off.

It might not be a million quid in the first year but it's not a million miles off.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Clothing brand tie in for anyone who made a mark on the show is worth over £100k

It might not be a million quid in the first year but it's not a million miles off.

I’m sure you’re right for some of them. Do people do well out of this series. I don’t watch it, more of a podcast or film chap.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Really? I can’t believe chugging around provincial night clubs doing personal appearances for a year until the next series arrives (and someone new comes along) pays that much.

You'll be surprised.

TV appearances, magazines, fashion deals etc. They can get paid £5K per Instagram post. Millionaires have been made from Love Island.

I'm looking forward to seeing the impact it has on Tommy's career. A friend of mine. I imagine there will be a new wave of interest in his next few fights.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
In the days of Big Brother and minimal internet the most you could hope for afterward would be a pap shot in Heat magazine of you spilling out of China White’s at 3am with Dean Gaffney in a headlock and maybe you’d get to finger blast Daniella Westbrook between lines of coke in the back of a Hackney Carriage after a foam party at Millionaires nightclub in Redhill.
Happy days.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Really? I can’t believe chugging around provincial night clubs doing personal appearances for a year until the next series arrives (and someone new comes along) pays that much.

Couple from series 2 are worth £4.4m
Dani Dyer from last year £1.7m
Amber Davis £1.6m
Kem £1.5m
Chris Hughes £1.4m
and a string of others with ongoing magazine, book, fitness videos, clothing deals etc etc all worth over £1m

Bit of a gravy train if you get it right

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Oh it is ... and some!

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Normally over £1m+ in future deals if you do OK?

I would be AMAZED if that sort of sum was true. *edit - just read the above few posts. Incredible.

They may get a magazine photo deal, especially if there is a 'couple' situation but you'd have to do a stack-load of nightclub appearances to rack up a million quid.

I suppose if any of them make a breakthrough to regular TV work then there may be some money in it but can't see any of this year's contestants stepping up for that.

On an individual basis, I don't get the love for Maura. She is a scraggy bint who comes across as a complete slapper.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I would be AMAZED if that sort of sum was true. *edit - just read the above few posts. Incredible.

They may get a magazine photo deal, especially if there is a 'couple' situation but you'd have to do a stack-load of nightclub appearances to rack up a million quid.

I suppose if any of them make a breakthrough to regular TV work then there may be some money in it but can't see any of this year's contestants stepping up for that.

On an individual basis, I don't get the love for Maura. She is a scraggy bint who comes across as a complete slapper.

It’s few and far between but there is money in it for some. Dani Dyer will make millions but obviously had a head start. Fury will do the same out of this. Two of the lads from last year are on the men in black ad this year - prob got 5 figures each for that. But yeh, few and far between. Curtis will do alright cos he’ll be very popular and has a semi famous brother.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm not sure what ads pay these days but in Stephen Fry's autobiography he talks about making money from them. Every time he did a voiceover he used to go out shopping for designer shirts in the West End straight after the recording, whilst the Whitbread beer advert he was in during the 80s (the one with the song about Abdul the Bul Bul Amir for anyone who remembers) fairly much set him up.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm not sure what ads pay these days but in Stephen Fry's autobiography he talks about making money from them. Every time he did a voiceover he used to go out shopping for designer shirts in the West End straight after the recording, whilst the Whitbread beer advert he was in during the 80s (the one with the song about Abdul the Bul Bul Amir for anyone who remembers) fairly much set him up.

"Now that snake in the grass was a pain in the....neck"

So I can remember that from 30-odd years ago, but couldn't even remember to put the bins out last night.

Thanks brain. Thanks a lot.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

These people are just the fuel for social media machines using product recommendations, promoting shit nobody really wants and lifestyles that people think they need.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Come on now Harty, play fair. Surely viewers of this show have got a right to their individual opinions on what they're watching. Granted, it may not fit in with your narrative but that's the way these shows work.

Draw the line at death threats old son. Check the Sun on line.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
David Beckham can command £228,000 for an insta post ... yes, one flippin' post

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here