Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Daniel James

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Seems decent. But certainly no better than Solly at 21 years old... They're suggesting £15million! Move along, nothing to see here.

When we paid £17m for big Jurg, £15m is a fair or even good deal IMHO.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
If the new boss viewed Ali as an ACM and Locadia as a wide forward then there might be room. Especially if Izzy is out till Xmas? Not a position we're desperate for but a good pick up as long as he got some game time.

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
When we paid £17m for big Jurg, £15m is a fair or even good deal IMHO.

Doesn't mean we have to make a habit of wasting money... Zero experience in Prem or a major first league. Yes he looks decent, not denying but £15 million come on!? Brooks is twice the player of him and reportedly cost less last summer.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Remember seeing similar videos of Oli Burke at Notts Forest a couple of years back. West Brom paid £15m for him and he couldn't even get in their Championship side.

Not to say he's not a good player (i've seen James play once) - but worth noting.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Sell Locadia and Ali J, buy Dan James and Harry Wilson, replace Murray with Andone.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
One other thing: genuinely two-footed.

Reckon it could be cheerio Knocky.

But does he have that PASSION we need in a winger? We want him getting sent off for a ludicrous two-footed challenge every couple of months, to show he's got an edge to his game.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Seems decent. But certainly no better than Solly at 21 years old... They're suggesting £15million! Move along, nothing to see here.

wow. i'd have to say that I couldn't disagree more.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
James, Knocky and Andone all breaking into attack at the same time would be exciting. The ball would probably be flying all over the place but it would be entertaining.
Can't we lend them a couple of fringe players to keep them sweet and get a discount?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
This would be amazing, and actually get my mojo back. He was fantastic vs Man City, and looks like the real deal to me. £15m? Yeah, great. If we want to be a few places up the table (around Bournemouth) then we have to be paying what it takes to get the best talent in from The Championship, and this guy is exactly that.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
As has been noted, against City, he looked fantastic. One swallow doesn't make a summer, however, he clearly has talent and crucially, he plays without fear. That is something our team has rather joylessly lacked most of the season.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
As has been noted, against City, he looked fantastic. One swallow doesn't make a summer, however, he clearly has talent and crucially, he plays without fear. That is something our team has rather joylessly lacked most of the season.

There were other swallows, you just maybe didn't see them. I watched him a bit after that City game, and that electric pace was there to see on a regular basis. he runs at people, makes them commit, and sometimes, they are good enough to fould him, but often he's too quick for that, and is just gone.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
This would be amazing, and actually get my mojo back. He was fantastic vs Man City, and looks like the real deal to me. £15m? Yeah, great. If we want to be a few places up the table (around Bournemouth) then we have to be paying what it takes to get the best talent in from The Championship, and this guy is exactly that.

This all over

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Man Utd close in on deal for Swansea star Daniel James

"Manchester United are closing in on Daniel James amid growing fears they will miss out on top target Jadon Sancho this summer.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is hopeful a deal for the Swansea winger will be agreed imminently - telling Ed Woodward he wants his summer business to be concluded by July 1.

It is believed the fee for the 21-year-old could rise to between £15-20million with add-ons."

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...d-standing-firm-on-jadon-sancho-a4143116.html

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

"Manchester United are closing in on Daniel James amid growing fears they will miss out on top target Jadon Sancho this summer.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is hopeful a deal for the Swansea winger will be agreed imminently - telling Ed Woodward he wants his summer business to be concluded by July 1.

It is believed the fee for the 21-year-old could rise to between £15-20million with add-ons."

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...d-standing-firm-on-jadon-sancho-a4143116.html

Maybe we could gazump United.

Lol.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Shit.

Does anybody know of a similar prospect in the Eredivisie?

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.

How much did we sign Izquierdo for? All he’s done is score 2 goals v West Ham and take a load of holidays during term time.

£15m doesn’t seem unreasonable these days. But it won’t happen anyway if Utd are genuinely interested.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
I put this on the Potter thread but perhaps it deserves its own thread. Wales on line saying that Potter wants to bring Dan James with him. Not that I'd heard of him before a couple of days ago but a highly rated young winger apparently with Man Utd and THE Leeds after him.

"We can now reveal Potter has informed Swansea’s American owners that he wants to make the move to Sussex, with Swansea refusing to stand in his way as long as Brighton pay the £3m compensation clause that exists in his contract.

At this stage, we understand that is the only thing standing in the way of a deal to bring him in at this stage.

However, we can also reveal that Potter has told both clubs he wants to bring star winger Dan James with him to the south coast."

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/live-updates-brighton-continue-pursuit-16275117
It's actually Wales online quoting Teamtalk.

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here