Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How others now view us.

Brandyaitch

Nov 29, 2018
How many of the 'local grown' talent will get a game in the Premiership. Like most promoted clubs with television money, they will replace at least half of the current starting 11

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Is second season syndrome still a thing?

I heard someone banging on about THIRD season syndrome (can't remember which club they were on about – Bmuff, maybe?) yesterday, so I think it's been superseded!

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I suspect most clubs in the Prem want us to survive. A great weekend away and an almost guarantee of 3 points most of the time. Sadly most will see us as the Huddersfield of next season and be licking their lips at the prospect of easy points.

Lets hope the club rectifies things in the summer and make us more competitve next year.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
That's fine, but are you going to donate £20m a year to the club to allow us to be battering Derby? I too am perfectly happy with decent Championship football, but it's not sustainable. PL football is.
I
My name is Bloom mate.

After getting our arses handed to us by Bournemouth..yes..BOURNEMOUTH...I decided I’d rather be battering Derby, Leeds and Villa than getting arse raped by everyone except Palace and Manchester Untied.
Screenshot_20190429-014330.png

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Of course we don't really care as long as we survive, but after seeing Jake Humphreys tweet, retweeted by Tim Krul..... I wonder how our reputation can go in less than 2 seasons, from the cheeky likeable club from the south coast, to what appears in a lot of peoples eyes to be a very boring team, one dimensional and lacking threat....?

"Having watched Brighton today, and I know I’m not impartial, but you really should be pleased about the prospect of an expansive, exciting, ambitious Norwich team...full of home-grown talents...joining the [MENTION=34361]PremierLeague[/MENTION].
[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]"

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I'd say it tells you very little about us, and a lot more about Jake Humphrey. What professional, supposedly impartial observer would choose to celebrate promotion by denigrating another team?

Fair play to Norwich. They've done really well and clearly, judging by today's coverage, are the only team EVER to get promoted without needing parachute payments. Oh...

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
We are probably viewed as a minor defensive boring Premier league club punching above it's weight. That might change next season.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Norwich are next season's Fulham. Cannot wait for people to remind Humphrey of his tweet after they are relegated

This, Norwich have shipped 56 goals with one to play this season. Major defensive surgery needed for them before the season starts. See also Villa (59 goals) and West Brom (59 goals) should they come through the play offs.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If Pukki scores 10 or more goals in the PL I'll personally KISS Delia Smith on her backside

Imagine how she would feel if he got to 9 by Christmas.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I suspect most clubs in the Prem want us to survive. A great weekend away and an almost guarantee of 3 points most of the time. Sadly most will see us as the Huddersfield of next season and be licking their lips at the prospect of easy points.

Lets hope the club rectifies things in the summer and make us more competitve next year.
Do you mean they will sign enough first team players to fill the 25 man squad, not like the second half of this season and handicap the manager with one less than all the other Premier league squads?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
WHY should we be embarrassed. I expect anyone who watched the 9 men demolition of our team by WALSALL? In the cup at Withdean have far more reason to be embarrassed.....i was....for about 10 minutes then I moved on and hoped for an improved performance next time.

Edit......it was a league 1 match
Glen Murray was playing that day.
Worst performance ever by us I have witnessed.
We lost 1 nil against nine men, two players sent off early in the game.

Losing 0-4 to Darlington at home( Gillingham).

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Farke will be out by Christmas and they'll get Big Sam and/or Moyes in to try and keep them up.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Who is the "you" that his tweet is aimed at anyway?

BT Sport Premier League viewers?

It's such a daft tweet anyway that he is either a) naive and a bit clueless or b) keen for likes from his fellow NCFC fans.

Can you imagine a single person outside of Norwich's fanbase that is genuinely anything other than completely indifferent to them coming up? Anyway, well done to them. Not so well done to him.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
No-one likes us. We don't care.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Was it the cup run that dropped us into this battle? Of course. We played our last decent game at Wembley and, arguably, could have shocked City that day. We’ve gone from that game...where we played without out fear and gave a VERY good account of ourselves to a series of humiliating bus parking exercises and getting pants down spankings from Bournemouth and Cardiff.

If we’d played those games with swagger, if Knockaert hadn’t committed a potentially career ending Kamikaze attack, if we played our most attacking players rather than defending so deep we’re at the back of the North-stand...we wouldn’t be “embarrassed”

I really think we’re better than that. I don’t like us playing scared, I don’t like anti-football and I don’t like being told that I’m wrong for HATING watching us play like we’re shitters to a man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here