Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Footage of Wilf Zaha in training for Saturday

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just a leveller here.

I've just attended an International Women's Day event (no, it's not today) and heard the following story.

The FA provides funds to every club to support the women's game. However, CPFC do not direct all those funds into the women's team. And so, one Wilfred Zaha actually subsidises the women's team out of his own wages.

This has been reported patchily, and according to the speaker from Lewes FC, it's not widely understood how far his personal contribution underpins the women's team.

He may fall over a lot, but respect where respect's due.

It was on here around six months go, at the time Palace's lack of support for their women's team was exposed by the media at the same time Tumble was penning a £130k/week deal.

Articles like this: https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...to-each-raise-250-to-keep-club-going-football

All a bit of a contrast from the Albion's support for our women's side amongst others.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Thanks for this. I would also add it is a well known fact that Wilf also contributes 10% of his salary to charity. Anyway back to the diving,cheating,choice of hair style rhetoric etc.

Does it not worry you that your club is misappropriating funds provided to it though

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
It was on here around six months go, at the time Palace's lack of support for their women's team was exposed by the media at the same time Tumble was penning a £130k/week deal.

Articles like this: https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...to-each-raise-250-to-keep-club-going-football

All a bit of a contrast from the Albion's support for our women's side amongst others.

Tis true. Parish actually receives cash from the FA to fund the women's game, but because this is not directed at the women's team, Zaha has stepped in. Sort of shows a divide between star player and Chairman.

Equally, the Albion are looking for a permanent home for the women's team that will allow them move closer to Brighton & Hove. That's financial commitment. Like Lewes FC and the equalityfc campaign, the Sussex teams are doing something to proactively change the game.

And for the dinosaurs who will bang on about TV money and it not being as good etc. The FA banned women training with FA coaches and FA approved mates in 1921. That ban was not lifted until 1971. That's 50 years of neglect and inequality.

A formal Women's League was only established in 1991 - twenty years later - and investment from the FA was minimal. Only now are resources slowly starting to come through.

Let night the senior team won the SheBelieves Cup. The fact that it has to be called SheBelieves is just demonstrative of how far we need to go to change attitudes. Can you imagine a HeBelieves Cup? Still, if you are a young girl, passionate about football, it doesn't matter how hard you train; how skilled you are; how much you love the game etc. you know the dice are loaded against you and you'll never get paid as much as the men.

Yes, the game is different from the men's game today, but as Paul Barber told me. It's the same sport, just a different game. Look at it like that and you'll learn to enjoy the way it is played.

And hats off to men like Wilf who have done something tangible.

Anyhow as [MENTION=27478]TypicalPalace[/MENTION] says, let's get back to the task in hand here. He still dives and cries a lot :)

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

And that's good news?

Your club can't financially support the women's team without Mr Tumble having to hand over his cash?

And we should believe the club's press statement because Disney is always straight, honest and up-front? Did I say that right?

Why didn't you save posting until April 1st? You can be a gullible fool and believe it........not likely we will.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Wilf is a diving scumbag cheat, but I have to say he is a great player in good form too...

I am hoping for a point, but expect a narrow defeat...

**** Pal@rse...

D

Deleted member 2719

Wilf is a diving scumbag cheat, but I have to say he is a great player in good form too...

I am hoping for a point, but expect a narrow defeat...

**** Pal@rse...

We need to sit zaha on his arse on the halfway line not the penalty area and let him lose the plot.

Come on Albion.

Attachments

• february-charges-800x450.JPG
    february-charges-800x450.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 171

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
"Andros Townsend....fancies himself a bit....usually plays as a wood elf or f*cking half-link" ������

Absolutely priceless. Top work.

D

Deleted member 2719

Andone will have him and take a yellow in the first minute (if he starts)

You maybe right, I was thinking he might also go 'Cantona'.
After he scores the winner he may just slip off the wall and into the Holmesdale end on a black hooded pikey.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
I think there will be more chance of him scoring in a minute!! Looking forward to the game :)

Unfortunately you’re probably right. Your front three seem to be scoring for fun at the moment but hopefully we’ll frustrate them. I’m also looking forward to the game. Enjoy the atmosphere and we’ll wait and see what the football gods have in store for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here