Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] In the Royal Sussex County hospital

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Can only add my very best wishes. Don't be ashamed, or afraid, to pour out everything on here if it helps even a tiny bit. We're all with you in spirit..

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Very best wishes to you Durlston. The depths of night can be a scary place alone with your thoughts and fears. In the light of day I hope things seem brighter and more under control. Good luck :thumbsup:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
All the best – you're in the right place and hopefully the clever people can look after you and get you back on your feet asap :thumbsup:

And never apologise for the outpouring of emotion – it's important that people know how you feel.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
The last few hours have felt all like a blur but at about 10pm tonight I started coughing up blood and feeling like I was going to choke to death. A very, very frightening experience.

I called an ambulance and was talked into coming down to Brighton. I'm on my own now, just staring at monitors. I was very reluctant at coming down from Haywards Heath. My mother came with me in the ambulance but has now gone home.

I'm so scared. I don't know how long I'm going to be living this nightmare. Nothing seems to be happening.

I just want to die right now. I'm so sorry. I don't want to upset anyone.

whats happening mate .....pm me your mobile number i'll bell ya .....do it ....!!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I've been sedated and feel a bit calmer. Sleep is impossible with all the blood tests and noise though.

I went for an x-ray and I have a lump on my right hand side of my chest. At this stage they're not sure what they're dealing with. They did say a chest infection could well be the cause so I have to stay positive and upbeat.

Thank you to everyone on NSC who has contributed and help me through it. I'm not ashamed to say I absolutely blubbed my eyes out earlier.

I'll keep everyone updated later on today. Sorry for my strong emotions earlier.

NSC really is full of amazing people. Reading through the lovely responses has been very comforting.

God bless you all.

sorry didn't see this earlier mate ....just got in from work .....get in touch if you want......all the best kid.....!!x

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Having just been 'released' myself from a week in RSCH (with a palace fan in the opposite bed!) I know that you are in very good hands. They will do their best (admittedly whilst stabbing you with needles endlessly) to sort you out. Believe in them, they saved my foot, they will help you. Good luck.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Really sorry to hear this, [MENTION=14168]Durlston[/MENTION]. Stay strong and keep going. Good luck and get well soon.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Get well soon. Keep your chin up.

b242041d60ee8fe7f94fd592fd24f0ee.gif

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Spent hours up there recently, so much waiting around, you really need to be asking every hour or so for updates as they will just forget about you

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Spent hours up there recently, so much waiting around, you really need to be asking every hour or so for updates as they will just forget about you

they don't forget you buddy ....they are fecking inundated ......breaking point , not helped by idiots going in with splinters and temperatures of 38.4.........!!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Good luck mate, keep your chin up and we all promise to be back taking the p1ss and being as pedantic as possible soon.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
they don't forget you buddy ....they are fecking inundated ......breaking point , not helped by idiots going in with splinters and temperatures of 38.4.........!!
Oh I know, my misses works up there, it's pretty much always at critical limit but she was the one that told me to keep asking for updates as those that shout loudest get shit done..
E.g. was sat there for 12 hours, when I asked wtf was happening, medication was given 5 minutes later..

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Oh I know, my misses works up there, it's pretty much always at critical limit but she was the one that told me to keep asking for updates as those that shout loudest get shit done..
E.g. was sat there for 12 hours, when I asked wtf was happening, medication was given 5 minutes later..

yeah ...meanwhile they are keeping someone alive out the back .......get your point mate , no sarcasm,my mrs. is a nurse as well.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Hope you are feeling better [MENTION=14168]Durlston[/MENTION]. Keep your chin up mate. Best wishes.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Hey [MENTION=14168]Durlston[/MENTION] as others have said fingers crossed it's just a pesky chest infection. I would feel exactly the same as you, lonely, going to hospital in the dead of night and scared. It is times like this NSC can really help. Always a sympathetic ear, no matter when you post. NSC again showing how amazing it can be at peoples times of needs.

Chin up mate and i look forward to hearing that you are in fine fettle again :thumbsup:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
At around 9am this morning I was discharged from the RSCH.

In all my confusion the unidentified lump was on my lung and not my chest. As a smoker since 16 all sorts of dreadful thoughts were running through my head. I've received positive news that there's around a 95% chance it's a chest infection and have been prescribed antibiotics. I've been told to take the rest of the week off work and see my GP tomorrow. The staff at the hospital were incredibly kind and reassuring.

When I got home I managed three hours sleep. I'm just overwhelmed by the kindness shown on here and how caring NSC can be. It might take me a couple of days to respond to the incredible PM's of support on here. Even the kindest words have comforted me throughout this ordeal. Many thanks to Hailsham Seagull for his sincere apology for last Saturday - I'll get round to sending you a message mate.

This forum just simply has to be the best out of all other clubs. I wish I could thank you all personally. I'll get round to it. Once again, sorry for the strong wording in my last paragraph when I started the thread. I felt a panic attack coming on. A lot of other posters on here have worse health problems and keep them hidden.

I'll keep you updated when the official cause of coughing up blood has been found.

I love you all. I can't find the right words to say thanks for keeping up my spirits - when I could get a mobile connection!

It all feels so surreal - the longest night of my life. I'm just glad I'm resting at home.

Thank you. :cry: :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here