Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] In the Royal Sussex County hospital

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Good luck [MENTION=14168]Durlston[/MENTION] - hope things are a bit better this morning.
I do a bit of DJing for the local hospital radio so am often walking about there late at night and they are big scary places full of strange noises and people rushing about at all hours of day and night.
As others have said there are a lot of chest infections about at present - it's that time of year.
Hope everything seems more positive today.
Good luck mate

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Best wishes Durlston, get well soon.

I've been in the RSCH a few times and the staff are fantastic, you are in good hands.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
You are in the best place my friend. They will fix you up.

And if you get back to PRH let me know and I will gladly visit and see how you are as I work here.

Marshy

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Get well, have sent you a PM

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Get well mate, all the best for today. Will be having you in my thoughts and hope for a happy outcome. Keep your chin up mate, we are all behind you.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
My wife had a very similar episode just after Christmas, I drove her to hospital while she was literally coughing up blood into a saucepan, which was obviously very frightening. They did a chest examination, a blood test and she eventually had an endoscopy, it turned out she had a slight hiatal hernia. Not uncommon, and she takes a pill for it each day now, but coughing up blood can be a number of very treatable things, from an ulcer to a tear in the foodpipe or stomach lining. She's not had a repetition since and is fine.

Anyway, all the best fella. Try not to think the worst - they'll sort you out.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Feel for you, must have been very frightening. I hope today sees things getting better. Hang in there

Lander

NSC down?
Jan 11, 2005
Lindfield
All the best fella!

The same thing happened to me last year, luckily after many hours I was diagnosed with a chest infection and antibiotics and fluids later I was let home at 3 AM (not the best time to try and get back to Haywards Heath in the rain, especially when I left my shoes on the Ambulance floor. The crew also kindly realised and dropped the shoes off at my front door, that I tripped over in the dark at my front door).

Fantastic staff up there. Fingers crossed. Get well soon.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Hope you got a good night's / morning's sleep in the end, Durlston.

For a start, you have nothing to apologise for. NSC can be a wild, unhinged place, but when called on, can be - and is - a force for collective good. I found this out when I posted about my father last year, and my health scare five years ago. Sorry, if you felt like 'dying' last night, but frankly you went to the wrong place if that was the case, because the staff at the RSCH are brilliant people, and will help you get through this.

The rewards for your patience in their abilities, and their endeavour can be astonishingly worthwhile. And you will soon be reaping them.

As for the anxiety, best not remind you we have a game tonight.

Get well soon, top fella. *Group Hug*

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill
Hope all goes well for you.
I went through the same last year and thankfully, like others, it turned out to be a nasty chest infection.
Keep your chin up, you are in the best place. NHS are fantastic.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Wow, [MENTION=14168]Durlston[/MENTION], shocking to read your anguished post. It must have been a terrifying experience.

Good luck, hope today is a better day. As others have said, NHS staff are superb, and the care you will receive at the Royal Sussex will be the best you could get.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
This thread proves once again that football is a family and people always look out for each other in their hour of need. Hang in there Durlston, the guys there are the best people you can be in the care of.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Sounds horrible [MENTION=14168]Durlston[/MENTION] - like many have said, you're in the best place. Stay positive and let the amazing staff there do their job.

Also this is EXACTLY why The Big Board shouldn't be divided up into categories - Threads like this should never be buried in a sub-forum.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here