Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Go back and read it again. Properly this time. I can explain it to you but I can’t understand it for you I’m afraid.
We shouldn’t try and change Leavers minds . We should simply cancel Brexit. Yes, some may get their Alan’s in a twist over it but sometimes better people have to step in and protect less educated people from themselves. No second referendum, just shut it down now while we possibly have enough time to apologise and get back on the bus.

Another post which demonstrates that you are part of the problem.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Go back and read it again. Properly this time. I can explain it to you but I can’t understand it for you I’m afraid.
We shouldn’t try and change Leavers minds . We should simply cancel Brexit. Yes, some may get their Alan’s in a twist over it but sometimes better people have to step in and protect less educated people from themselves. No second referendum, just shut it down now while we possibly have enough time to apologise and get back on the bus.

Your first instinct is to attack. It is a theme I have noticed. This will get you no where.

This thread demonstrates that many people on both sides are not educated enough on this topic. There's been a lot of fake news on this thread posted as fact by Remainers.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
And this makes no sense. By definition the majority of people are not relatively thick, because relative in this context refers to average intelligence. Additionally, data shows that the UK performs relatively well in IQ tests.

Relative to the context, to the matter in hand.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Your first instinct is to attack. It is a theme I have noticed. This will get you no where.

This thread demonstrates that many people on both sides are not educated enough on this topic. There's been a lot of fake news on this thread posted as fact by Remainers.

I’m not attacking you in the least, old boy. I’m attempting to enlighten you. It appears I’d be better off explaining the plot of Ulysses to a horse.

I’m not trying get anywhere. My proposal requires no pursuausion of Leavers. We simply ignore their opinions and reverse Brexit. No point executing a second referendum because essentially we will be asking “are you still stupid”?

Last edited:

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I’m not attacking you in the least, old boy. I’m attempting to enlighten you. It appears I’d be better off explaining the plot of Ulysses to a horse.

And so the theme continues...

You can enlighten me. You know best. Others are wrong.

Inferring I am slow in mind.

Attack, attack, attack. That'll help us progress, won't it?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
It's funny how MPs are saying they would vote differently now they know it's a choice between the deal agreed last year and No Deal/No Brexit when the EU have been telling them it's not going to change for 4 months. Stupid ****ing pricks.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003

I’m not trying get anywhere. My proposal requires no pursuausion or Leavers. We simply ignore their opinions and reverse Brexit. No point executing a second referendum because essentially we will be asking “are you still stupid”?

You are only here to argue and to insult. You admit you do not want to persuade nor do you want to be persuaded. It is clear any further discussions are a pointless exercise. All the best :thumbsup:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

You’ll have to up your game, chap. Repeatedly accusing me of attacking you so as to avoid addressing the points I raise butters no parsnips here.
Besides I’m sure you actually agree with me. It’s not the truth that upsets people , it’s the shock of hearing it.

But I’m afraid we’ll have to pick this up another time, the neighbours have stuffed the recycling bin full of boxes that they have failed to break down properly and it’s going to take most of the day to post it all through their letterbox. I don’t even know how I begin to educate the chap on the other side to park bonnet to the wall.
Honestly, it’s like herding geese round here, a Sisyphean task with little reward other than the satisfaction of performing tasks correctly.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
MUCH hilarity as #Bercow reminds the House of the time he told Tory Brexit ultra Mark Francois he thought him to be "intellectually knee high to a grasshopper"

And that's a particularly short grasshopper...…………….

Bercow rightly said he was incorrect to say that though, I think it was an overestimation of his intellect.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Finally Parliament showing some sovereignty and taking back control. Well done Bercow.

A small glister of the concept that the lunatics haven’t quite taken over the asylum yet. We still seem to be in control of the maintenance closet.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house

You’re wasting your time with this one, a thoroughly nasty little man with a real streak of spite.

By legal default, on our way.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You’re wasting your time with this one, a thoroughly nasty little man with a real streak of spite.

By legal default, on our way.

I suppose from where you sit I might appear nasty, possibly even spiteful. That’s entirely your perception and in no way a reflection of the facts. Unfortunately , as this thread demonstrates, you and your like steadfastly refuse to be corrected. Its a buggering shame but not a thing to be done about it.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Meanwhile,back in the real World,"Despite Brexit uncertainty"(copyright BBC 2018)

despite Brexit.png

And in a little footnote,nailing the lies about NHS staffing.

Real news.png

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Meanwhile,back in the real World,"Despite Brexit uncertainty"(copyright BBC 2018)

View attachment 106165

And in a little footnote,nailing the lies about NHS staffing.

View attachment 106166

I know you won’t bother reading this, the truth is low on your list of interests . However it exposes the employment figures to be a total lie and manipulation and in fact we have huge numbers of hidden unemployed . You do these people a huge disservice with your lies.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....ing-the-lie-used-to-create-the-numbers-2017-7

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I know you won’t bother reading this, the truth is low on your list of interests . However it exposes the employment figures to be a total lie and manipulation and in fact we have huge numbers of hidden unemployed . You do these people a huge disservice with your lies.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....ing-the-lie-used-to-create-the-numbers-2017-7

Have you broken your ignore function?Huge numbers of hidden unemployed?You sound as mad as that Blue Vixen,or whatever it's called.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
No, that's obviously not what I mean. What contributed to us leaving was lots of people not taking the concerns of Leavers seriously and not wanting to debate them or make a case why they disagree with their point of view. Just shutting them down. Just saying they were wrong, that they didn't know what they were talking about. Just insulting them. Insulting someone is never going to get them to change their mind. You have to actually listen to people, have some empathy, understand where they are coming from. If this had happened and the country had made proper efforts to address their concerns, I'm pretty confident we would have never voted to leave in the first place. We have a big problems with educated and nuanced debate in politics at the moment. This partly contributed to Trump and Brexit. I fear we have not learned lessons.

Tell me what were/are your concerns of remaining?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here