Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What a shocking performance today vs Millwall

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
So... earlier you were calling a woman a skeleton with skin pulled over her face and now you are doing this. You are either a WUM, an idiot or are on a weekend bender, or all of that.

WUM all day long, but a rather sad and lonely one I suspect.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
That has to be up there with the worst Albion performances of all time. We couldn't pass (constantly passing to Millwall players or straight into touch), some comedy defending, seemingly no game-plan or structure, failure to win defensive headers … and all this with our strongest team against a team struggling against relegation from the Championship. At times we looked like a Sunday League pub team after a particularly late and boozy Saturday night. The only players to avoid criticism were Solly and Locadia. Oh, and Stephens had one of his better games in spite of one or two awful passes. Unless we up our game considerably we'll be relegated and spanked by City at Wembley.

And I'd forgotten how boring our singing is at away games. Constant renditions of various songs about how we hate Palace. Who really cares? How about some songs supporting our team?

Not impressed with the win. We didn't deserve it and didn't play like we wanted it. A very bad day at the office.

Apart from that - it went ok?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I can't be arsed to read the entire thread, as I assume its already been said many times over. But I'll say it anyway and move on.

You are an utter dickhead. An attention-seeking one.

But a weapons-grade dickhead nonetheless.

I am with you Easy. Now up to nearly 10 pages. Mission accomplished for the OP (can't be arsed to name him). I hope his erection subsides soon.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
That has to be up there with the worst Albion performances of all time. We couldn't pass (constantly passing to Millwall players or straight into touch), some comedy defending, seemingly no game-plan or structure, failure to win defensive headers … and all this with our strongest team against a team struggling against relegation from the Championship. At times we looked like a Sunday League pub team after a particularly late and boozy Saturday night. The only players to avoid criticism were Solly and Locadia. Oh, and Stephens had one of his better games in spite of one or two awful passes. Unless we up our game considerably we'll be relegated and spanked by City at Wembley.

And I'd forgotten how boring our singing is at away games. Constant renditions of various songs about how we hate Palace. Who really cares? How about some songs supporting our team?

Not impressed with the win. We didn't deserve it and didn't play like we wanted it. A very bad day at the office.

I'm so depressed.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I am with you Easy. Now up to nearly 10 pages. Mission accomplished for the OP (can't be arsed to name him). I hope his erection subsides soon.

Life's too short to bother with dickwad threads like this. I'm quaffing a rather excellent red, and thoroughly enjoying the angst on the Millwall and Palace threads. Who needs to waste time with the kind of lobotomised DRECK the OP has shat out of his eye socket this evening ? I mean honestly, what a complete and utter spunktrumpet.

Lifes good. [MENTION=144]goldstone[/MENTION] - you're a prick. And you'll still be a prick when you wake up.

Deal with it.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Life's too short to bother with dickwad threads like this. I'm quaffing a rather excellent red, and thoroughly enjoying the angst on the Millwall and Palace threads. Who needs to waste time with the kind of lobotomised DRECK the OP has shat out of his eye socket this evening ? I mean honestly, what a complete and utter spunktrumpet.

Lifes good. [MENTION=144]goldstone[/MENTION] - you're a prick. And you'll still be a prick when you wake up.

Deal with it.

I have hardly drunk alcohol in the last 6 weeks. Today I have made a (massive) exception. Several pints of Guinness watching the match. Now enjoying a bottle of Cab Sav. For those of us who have supported the albion for a few years, this has been a fantastic season. I am just not in the mood to tolerate the usual trolls.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
I have hardly drunk alcohol in the last 6 weeks. Today I have made a (massive) exception. Several pints of Guinness watching the match. Now enjoying a bottle of Cab Sav. For those of us who have supported the albion for a few years, this has been a fantastic season. I am just not in the mood to tolerate the usual trolls.

You went dry last Saturday?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
A blessing in disguise. We played poorly yet still got through and CH can play the tape of the first 88 minutes before the Southampton game to remind the players of what can happen if we allow the levels we showed against a Palace to drop.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
You went dry last Saturday?
No. I said hardly. Obviously I had an entire week's units in one day but I think it was under "special circumstances" +++

I had a week off drinking since (until this weekend)

+++ Probably best not to tell my GP, he will only accuse me of being a binge drinker.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

They are all now in the shed, licking cut grass off their lawnmower blades. Or hanging out their own bum holes (a fate not to be admired, impressive contortion notwithstanding).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I understand where the OP is coming from but we have staged one of the greatest comebacks in FA cup history.

Life is good, no?

Croydon. Definitely Croydon.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
We were pretty poor in fairness.
First 60 minutes was one of the worst performances of the season.

But that really doesn't matter a **** now does it.

Stumpy Tim

Not to take anything away from our achievement (would I?), but we probably couldn't have had an easier path to the semi-final. Only drawn against one Premier League team.

We also haven't played any team lower than the Championship. Our first game was away to an established Premier League team. This narrative that we've had a really easy draw is a complete myth.

By the way, I agree that for 88 minutes we were really poor.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Please don’t waste a ticket going to Wembley,

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Easy tiger! In some corner of a foreign field in Croydon is a part of the Albion at ****************, where my daughter, son in law and two grandchildren live. Everyone true blue and white. Rejoice!! :albion2:

Apologies. I'll amend the OP's emanation to 'from somewhere lacking human spirit, insight or hope'

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
We were truly appalling but in a cup competition that’s not what counts.

Indeed. It was a shocking game, no one would deny that played on a pitch that wasn't the manicured front lawn that our PL players are used to. Also the conditions weren't ideal for good football.

But it was a Cup game, played away at a team who although they're technically inferior to us have a better recent Cup record than us, and have beaten more than one PL team at home in recent years. It was a 'backs to the wall' performance and we showed real character to come back from 2-0 down. Yeah sure if we play like that against City we'll get thrashed, but each game has it's own dynamic. Yesterday's was old-school 'little team v big team' Cup football.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here