Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] World's Hardest Creature XII - Nominations

Coach_Carter_92

Apr 25, 2013
Home
How about the tarantula hawk? Actually a species of wasp that hunts spiders and lays it's eggs inside them. It's sting is said to be so painful that the only remedy is to lay down and scream, as it's nearly impossible to do anything else

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Even a horse could beat up a human.
Accidentally or through minor annoyance and the human being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Or refusing to jump over a human constructed thing thereby chucking the human over it etc.

True. VERY true.

That doesn't make a horse hard. Or a human.

Without the context of WHC it would be easy to say that the human would beat anything because we've worked out how to survive/kill every other animal/fish etc on the planet.

But that's not HARD it's survival of the most intelligent. In this contest we don't want longevity of bloodline.

We want the FRANCIS ****ING BEGBIE of the animal world!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I nominate Clistopyga crassicaudata. A newly discovered wasp in the Amazon, it has a huge stinger which it uses to lay eggs in its victim! Not sure how hard it is, but it would scare the shit out of me if I got buzzed by one. A high fear factor, but more research may be needed to ascertain actual hardness!

F81894BF-FD48-40DB-9D8B-2BE129FD1E81.png

Last edited:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Following on from the human nomination, I would like to be more specific. So I also nominate Brian Blessed. Apparently the man had a polar bear on it’s toes. Hard as nails I tell you.
F58B8D75-505E-4D07-B4C8-0284F31F0FB5.jpeg

Last edited:

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
The Emperor Penguin.
Sure, the emperor is the tallest and heaviest penguin, a fact that by default makes it the toughest of these beautifully weird, flightless birds. But weighing 80 pounds and swimming like a torpedo is hardly enough to offset awkward waddling and a lack of teeth or claws, so why is the emperor penguin so high on this list? Because emperor penguins live in Antarctica, the world's harshest and most unforgiving environment. During the breeding season—which is winter, of course—emperor penguins walk up to 75 miles over ice just to mate. Males then sit vigil for weeks over a fertilized egg, enduring frequent blizzards and 100 mile-per-hour winds, not to mention temperatures that drop as low as -40. Meanwhile, their ladies are off hunting in below freezing waters (the water temp, generally, is just under 29 degrees), diving up to 1755 feet in search of snacks that they'll then bring home by trudging back across that ice, through the wind and snow.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
The Emperor Penguin.
Sure, the emperor is the tallest and heaviest penguin, a fact that by default makes it the toughest of these beautifully weird, flightless birds. But weighing 80 pounds and swimming like a torpedo is hardly enough to offset awkward waddling and a lack of teeth or claws, so why is the emperor penguin so high on this list? Because emperor penguins live in Antarctica, the world's harshest and most unforgiving environment. During the breeding season—which is winter, of course—emperor penguins walk up to 75 miles over ice just to mate. Males then sit vigil for weeks over a fertilized egg, enduring frequent blizzards and 100 mile-per-hour winds, not to mention temperatures that drop as low as -40. Meanwhile, their ladies are off hunting in below freezing waters (the water temp, generally, is just under 29 degrees), diving up to 1755 feet in search of snacks that they'll then bring home by trudging back across that ice, through the wind and snow.

All true, but, would one beat Brian Blessed in a punch up? ???

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Following on from the human nomination, I would like to be more specific. So I also nominate Brian Blessed. Apparently the man had a polar bear on it’s toes. Hard as nails I tell you.
View attachment 105199
I'd second Blessed in pretty much anything so he gets my vote. If we're going to have a human in this contest then let's have the best one.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I'd second Blessed in pretty much anything so he gets my vote. If we're going to have a human in this contest then let's have the best one.

He’s also a martial artist, was the oldest man to reach the magnetic north pole by foot, and to reach 28000 feet up Everest without oxygen, plus he’s a trained undertaker, so can make arrangements for the rest of the planets species after he rips them limb from limb!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
He’s also a martial artist, was the oldest man to reach the magnetic north pole by foot, and to reach 28000 feet up Everest without oxygen, plus he’s a trained undertaker, so can make arrangements for the rest of the planets species after he rips them limb from limb!
While LAUGHING his HEAD off!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
While LAUGHING his HEAD off!

I’m also confident he can out wit and out think any creature that Mother Nature can throw at him. Indestructible I tell you.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I love Sharks.

The Great White often gets nominated for this prestigious competition and normally performs well getting into the knock out rounds.

But a lot of that has to do it’s fearsome reputation gained mostly from the film Jaws.

So are Great Whites actually that hard?

Here is a video of the probable leader of the Great Whites and largest specimen known.

https://youtu.be/vuE_ubJiCQs

Pathetic. Swimming about all passive & flirting with ****ing divers?

Well here is a shark that does not **** about.
These wildlife experts find out the hard way about getting too close to this particular psycho. (Warning - Video contains graphic violence to a reckless paddler)

https://youtu.be/7pjbH5OuBc4

So I nominate the Bull Shark. The most aggressive Shark. Do not mess with them.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
It's Monday. The weekend is over and three points safely secured. To keep us all going until the Croydon Rumble let's get back to the ineffable hardness of animals.

Bounce...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here