Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Why.. you haven't asked me a question..... I refer you to my recent posts.... we don't want to get dizzy on that roundabout of repeating the same point for each separate poster submitting the same question or comment as the previous poster... do we?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

This morning, I have repeatedly asked..
'but, why would the British government, be disappointed by the Lords, and seek to overturn a guarantee of EU citizens rights in the UK, following Brexit. This has nothing to do with the EU. It is about the British governments intent, post Brexit.'

Its a simple question really, and nothing to do with the EU, rather than Britains intentions regarding the rights of EU citizens residing in the UK.
The responses so far have been, it will delay the process... please haha, How long does it take to state that EU citizens in the UK will continue to have their rights protected.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
To avoid confusion I am not the UK government. Hope this helps.

Putting down amendments and the inevitable ping-pong between the Commons and the Lords inevitably drags out the process.

That's nice to know but the UK government has a duty to protect UK citizens. Taking for granted a reciprocal agreement would be forthcoming without any strings attached is a bit risky.

Well, many Brexiteers wanted our laws dealt with under British laws. Now they are, theres even more moaning about it.
If you think going into negotiations with the EU over Brexit in an aggressive way will serve the country well, I would have to disagree.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I've read your inarticulate nonsense all morning and not risen to the bait BUT it is perfectly possible to do the decent thing unilaterally. I would have thought that leavers would be unsurprised by the appalling behaviour of Junker and the EU and be keen to demonstrate British values of decency and humanity.
Thanks for that...... inarticulate.... priceless.

It's exactly Juncker and his track record that is driving this safety first approach. He has already articulated ( big word), his spiteful and vengeful side in many statements since June, why would we blithely accept that he will reciprocate any early gesture from the UK side?

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Well, many Brexiteers wanted our laws dealt with under British laws. Now they are, theres even more moaning about it.
If you think going into negotiations with the EU over Brexit in an aggressive way will serve the country well, I would have to disagree.
It appears to be the modus operandi of Juncker and Tusk....

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Since the referendum over 8 months ago they have had ample opportunity to tell them they can stay, and they haven't yet. I don't know.

My constituency in the Thames Valley has one of the highest concentration of EU nationals in the UK, they have made a huge contribution to the area.

Meanwhile my Tory MP a strong remainer that said and done sweet FA on anything to do with Brexit since 24th June despite a lot of lobbying locally. I bet she will go with the government again on the lords amendment, pathetic career politician

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I've read your inarticulate nonsense all morning and not risen to the bait BUT it is perfectly possible to do the decent thing unilaterally. I would have thought that leavers would be unsurprised by the appalling behaviour of Junker and the EU and be keen to demonstrate British values of decency and humanity.

Very much this.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

It's exactly Juncker and his track record that is driving this safety first approach. He has already articulated ( big word), his spiteful and vengeful side in many statements since June, why would we blithely accept that he will reciprocate any early gesture from the UK side?

You have completely missed the point [MENTION=5001]The Merry Prankster[/MENTION] made.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

In what way is trying to reach an early agreement to limit the uncertainty for EU citizens aggressive?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What... simply because my comments are at odds with yours?....

No, because you are inarticulate.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Good luck getting a sensible answer to that question. If some people on this thread were negotiating for the UK I expect we would end up in the Eurozone.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
There is a different dynamic as well towards EU citizens in the UK, and British citizens living in the EU.
Ive not been verbally, or physically attacked, and I have heard of no reports of any British citizens being verbally or physically attacked, let alone being killed.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
An amendment to guarantee their rights in the UK Post Brexit would not do that?

We have reluctantly adopted the same position as the EU after they turned down the chance to reduce uncertainty for EU migrants. If that is being Aggresive the EU has virtually declared war.

To help out some on this thread ..

Our side of the negotiating table has this flag.

royaumeunidrap.gif

The other side has this one.

EUUN0001.GIF

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
...and in one post, clearly highlights how blinded and corrupted [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] has become in his 'Fatherland Utopia'... his views so out of touch with reality, that clearly make his contributions on this subject, invalid.

Yep, pretty much.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
There is a different dynamic as well towards EU citizens in the UK, and British citizens living in the EU.
Ive not been verbally, or physically attacked, and I have heard of no reports of any British citizens being verbally or physically attacked, let alone being killed.
That dynamic directly correlates to the numbers game.... 3m EU citizens in a congested UK population 65m...... 1.3 UK citizens spread across 27 countries amongst a population of half a billion.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
That dynamic directly correlates to the numbers game.... 3m EU citizens in a congested UK population 65m...... 1.3 UK citizens spread across 27 countries amongst a population of half a billion.

I doubt if many British citizens are doing the work that home country nationals do not want to do.
There may be legions of fruit pickers, and labourers here, but frankly, I doubt it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here