Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS to Luton?

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Just read on the club website that CMS played for Luton Town in a friendly over in Portugal?

Do hope he doesn't end up there, granted he didn't have the best of times here at Brighton in comparison to Peterborough but he can easily walk into any League One team.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
The fact that none of them want him suggests otherwise.

Which isn't a surprise. He's a CRAP striker, who claps the fans.

He is only training with them to keep fit. He will not sign for Luton. He will be lucky to find a Championship club who are interested in him though.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Good luck to him - Luton are managed by John Still and if anyone can get the best out of CMS its probably Still. It'll be interesting to see whether he signs for them - if he doesn't I reckon the Conference is beckoning.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
John Still was his manager when at Dagenham, and also CMS has family in the Bedfordshire area.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can you imagine the man CMS replaced having to go on trial to get a deal? Let's hope we know what we are doing with the strikers we sign this season. Our track record since Ulloa is SHIT.

kjgood

I'm sorry but i just cant agree with all this CMS is rubbish talk that I read on this forum (not particularly this thread though) He's easily a decent Championship/League One striker who just hasnt fitted in with our particular style, and a guy who's had some serious injury and confidence issues over the last season or so.

I do agree he probably needs a new challenge away from Brighton and we could use his costs to better effect but Luton? Really? Just hope we dont get drawn againgst them in any of the cup competitions,.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I'm sorry but i just cant agree with all this CMS is rubbish talk that I read on this forum (not particularly this thread though) He's easily a decent Championship/League One striker,.

I'd argue against that. The team he was in with Boyd, McCann, McLean, etc made him look way better than he is

He's had one, maybe two good seasons. Very much doubt that he'll end up even at L1 level unless he signs for someone that has Moses playing ahead of him

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
All relative, if you want to believe there's some sentimental attachment then go ahead.

He'll be like most other journeymen players, chasing a few quid till the bitter end

The point is that he will now be a wealthy young man and the difference in wages that Luton , who seem to be signing players and another club in Div 1 or 2 may not be enough to turn his head. Nobody is going to be looking at anything like 10k per week, probably below 5K.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I'm sorry but i just cant agree with all this CMS is rubbish talk that I read on this forum (not particularly this thread though) He's easily a decent Championship/League One striker who just hasnt fitted in with our particular style, and a guy who's had some serious injury and confidence issues over the last season or so.

I do agree he probably needs a new challenge away from Brighton and we could use his costs to better effect but Luton? Really? Just hope we dont get drawn againgst them in any of the cup competitions,.
Do you really believe that? I've seen him fluff so many chances I've lost count, four seasons 24 goals says it all really.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Exactly [MENTION=24827]Justice[/MENTION]. He's gash. And to be fair, last season we did change our style to accommodate CMS...

...by trying our best to ensure we were playing league one defenders every week this season.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I mentioned this 3 weeks ago that they were after him and it was near to his birthplace, so going home having made his fortune

Basically this. He is 31 now remember, so past his prime. He has achieved a lot in the game, and made a lot of money. so so what if he drops down to League Two?

He could well end up scoring a hatful of goals if he does sign for Luton, and at this stage of his career, shouldn't the feel good factor be just as important as trying to make even more money from playing football?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here