Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Any Tory Party members on this board who will admit to voting for Boris?

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone
How very condescending of you, Jackal.
Let us hope any 'working class' Tories on here appreciate your wisdom.

I don't mean to be condescending, it's just my opinion, but I stand by what I say and I do think I have some facts to back it up.

The Conservative party has historically tried to prevent the working class vote, women's right to vote, the creation of the NHS and the creation of a welfare state.

Just 70 odd years ago there were still slums in Brighton, filled with the white working class. If you were destitute you went to the church; if you got seriously ill, chances were you would die.

You can thank Arthur Greenwood of the Labour party for starting the process of clearing the slums and Christopher Addison (Labour/Liberal) for the introduction of the first council houses.

The Tory party consistently voted against the creation of the welfare state and the NHS. The NHS would not exist if it were not for the Labour party. That's just a fact.

You see, the Tories have NEVER had the best interests of the working class at its heart. Not then, not now.

IMHO, working class folks who vote Tory do so with a mixture of jingoism and desperate hope that by being in that club, some of its wealth and prestige is going to rub off on them. The politics of aspiration.

The truth will set you free...

Last edited:

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
A bloke whose diplomatic incompetence may have meant an innocent woman is languishing in an Iranian jail for years
A bloke who is so incompetent that several big hitters in his own party won't serve under him
A bloke who one senior and respected Tory MP said about him " he decides which way the wind is blowing, and that wonderful phrase about a politician - a man who waits to see the way the crowd is running and then dashes in front and says, ‘Follow me’.”"
A bloke who promised his constiuency he would fight terminal 5 and then gutlessly scurried off abroad when the vote in the commons happened, so as to not to vote against them
A bloke who has various illigitate children
A bloke who only last month needed the police round to resolve a domestic
A bloke who was spitting feathers when Gordon Brown was handed the keys to number 10, but doesn't see or care about his blatant hypcrisy now.
A bloke who has absolutely no coherent Brexit plan

I can see why a nasty gammon moron like yourself thinks this is cause for celebration. You should fück off anyway. You know what you are, and so does everyone who has used this board for any length of time.

You ok hun?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
As I said to your last post....limp. Why can’t you engage your brain and come back with something more challenging than this?

I suspect that is the maximum output with his brain fully engaged.

After all it's not 'We're on our way' :

*edit*

Yes I am. Yes I did.

Today will be the greatest day in our country since May 1979.

Oh and piss off Timmy (although I'm surprised they haven't kicked you out for losing one of the safest seats in Brighton :lolol:)

N17

Jun 21, 2011
In the spirit of environmental friendliness it's probably easier to recycle old threads and just give them new titles than start new ones that always have the same outcomes.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
"Is there anyone on this messageboard I can ridicule and attack? It's a slow day for me and I want to try and round up me and a few buddies on this board but we need a target, thanks!"

That's how this post sounds. Grow up.,

Come on, I don’t need to start a fresh thread if I want to go and ridicule some Tories; I dip into the Brexit pages for this.

I do. And your limp response suggests you don’t have much of a case.

As I said to your last post....limp. Why can’t you engage your brain and come back with something more challenging than this?

Living up to the first quote then HT? Believing in democracy as long as it suits you, when it doesn’t you will do whatever it takes to get your way. The bold bit is the words you used yesterday.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Living up to the first quote then HT? Believing in democracy as long as it suits you, when it doesn’t you will do whatever it takes to get your way. The bold bit is the words you used yesterday.

You do tend to find these commie Corbyn supporters to be rather bold, aggressive, online types. Think trollers is the commonly used phrase.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
IMHO, working class folks who vote Tory do so with a mixture of jingoism and desperate hope that by being in that club, some of its wealth and prestige is going to rub off on them. The politics of aspiration.

Whereas vote for the Labour Party and someone else’s wealth will set me free....

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Easier to give up on these f k wits as its far too stressful getting passionate about it.

It's just a losing battle.

Boris !! Jesus f ing Christ !

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Yawn. Whatever it takes but obviously following the U.K. constitution. That’s exercising my UK democratic right, nothing more, nothing less.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I am not a Tory Party Member, but if I was, then faced with a choice of Johnson or Hunt, I would have voted Johnson.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I don't mean to be condescending, it's just my opinion, but I stand by what I say and I do think I have some facts to back it up.

The Conservative party has historically tried to prevent the working class vote, women's right to vote, the creation of the NHS and the creation of a welfare state.

Just 70 odd years ago there were still slums in Brighton, filled with the white working class. If you were destitute you went to the church; if you got seriously ill, chances were you would die.

You can thank Arthur Greenwood of the Labour party for starting the process of clearing the slums and Christopher Addison (Labour/Liberal) for the introduction of the first council houses.

The Tory party consistently voted against the creation of the welfare state and the NHS. The NHS would not exist if it were not for the Labour party. That's just a fact.

You see, the Tories have NEVER had the best interests of the working class at its heart. Not then, not now.

Hi Jackal, all that is ancient history and hardly relevant to the views held today.
A bit of an aside and a little bit off track, but my late father was a GP who set up practice in 1947, the year before the NHS was formed and he recalled that there was huge suspicion and wariness amongst established medics at the time as to how the NHS would affect their earnings. As a young doctor with no assets,he wasn't so concerned and set up a very successful practice, fully embracing the 'new system'. After negotiations took place between the Government and the doctors (led by a Dr.Cameron!) , peace broke out and the NHS went from strength to strength.
You mention aspiration a couple of times and I think that is very important. There will always be those who would never vote Tory or would never vote Labour, but I think that the Tories tapped into a feeling of 'I can do this' attitude amongst, perhaps, some of the younger working class, who were less 'dyed in the wool' Labour voters and who didn't necessarily think in the same way that their parents and grandparents had. They were less accepting of the way things had always been and more inclined to want more , such as owning their own house. Call this aspiration, if you like and it is no bad thing. Of course, they were living in less harsh times than their forbears were and the Labour Party had fought well and hard to raise the standard of living for the working class for a long time.
I don't go along with the jingoism and desperate hope thing ,at all.
What I do think, is that plenty of working class voters feel that the present Labour Party no longer represents them, and as a journalist put it recently, is no longer the party of the working class , but is the party of the 'smirking class'; those members of the so called metropolitan elite, who believe they know best and whilst lecturing everybody else about equality etc. carry on regardless living their comfortable hypocritical lives, well insulated from the riff-raff of the working classes, they pretend they have so much concern for.

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yeah, he's funny

I'm not sure someone who is funny or entertaining is exactly what the country needs right now. I've seen a couple of people call him entertaining – like the last few years have been short of drama!

Personally I don't think he'll get a thing done that he's promised – exactly the same as his mate in the White House. But, if people really DO want entertaining, he's your man.

He's only interested in himself and getting the top job, I don't think he'll take it seriously at all. He hasn't in any other position he's held, so why should he now?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Hi Jackal, all that is ancient history and hardly relevant to the views held today.
A bit of an aside and a little bit off track, but my late father was a GP who set up practice in 1947, the year before the NHS was formed and he recalled that there was huge suspicion and wariness amongst established medics at the time as to how the NHS would affect their earnings. As a young doctor with no assets,he wasn't so concerned and set up a very successful practice, fully embracing the 'new system'. After negotiations took place between the Government and the doctors (led by a Dr.Cameron!) , peace broke out and the NHS went from strength to strength.
You mention aspiration a couple of times and I think that is very important. There will always be those who would never vote Tory or would never vote Labour, but I think that the Tories tapped into a feeling of 'I can do this' attitude amongst, perhaps, some of the younger working class, who were less 'dyed in the wool' Labour voters and who didn't necessarily think in the same way that their parents and grandparents had. They were less accepting of the way things had always been and more inclined to want more , such as owning their own house. Call this aspiration, if you like and it is no bad thing. Of course, they were living in less harsh times than their forbears were and the Labour Party had fought well and hard to raise the standard of living for the working class for a long time.
I don't go along with the jingoism and desperate hope thing ,at all.
What I do think, is that plenty of working class voters feel that the present Labour Party no longer represents them, and as a journalist put it recently, is no longer the party of the working class , but is the party of the 'smirking class'; those members of the so called metropolitan elite, who believe they know best and whilst lecturing everybody else about equality etc. carry on regardless living their comfortable hypocritical lives, well insulated from the riff-raff of the working classes, they pretend they have so much concern for.

Totally agree with you, NSC has a shed load of ‘Smirkers’.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
It is a sad state of affairs when the best you can say about someone is that they irritate and upset other people. Take away his political point of view for a moment and just look at the man himself. What do you think that poor British woman languishing in an Iranian jail is thinking right now? I guess you don't know her though, so it doesn't matter. I can't be arsed to list the examples of his abject misogyny, casual racism, hypocrisy, and untrustworthiness - much like a large portion of the general population, you appear not to give a toss about logic, reasoning, or accountability.

He shouldn't be anywhere near a front bench, never mind PM. You point me to a single success he has had and I'll point you to at least 5 humiliating/embarrassing instances he is responsible for. We have so many good politicians of all persuasion, and the nation/parties pass them over for utter bumblecünts like this bloke. He's absolutely awful and make no mistake, his ascension to the country's top job is truly a sad day for the nation.

Trump likes him, though. Boris is the British Trump.

But then Trump also said he is popular over here, so that shows how much he knows.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I'm not sure someone who is funny or entertaining is exactly what the country needs right now. I've seen a couple of people call him entertaining – like the last few years have been short of drama!

Personally I don't think he'll get a thing done that he's promised – exactly the same as his mate in the White House. But, if people really DO want entertaining, he's your man.

He's only interested in himself and getting the top job, I don't think he'll take it seriously at all. He hasn't in any other position he's held, so why should he now?

Absolutely. I was merely confirming the fact that i like him as a character. A politician even. Just not one id back as a pm for this country. Hoping he can get his hands back on his water canons he bought now before theresa may so cruelly said he cant keep them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here